Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Lanka has approved a Bilateral Air Service Agreement with Serbia. Under the deal, designated airlines from both countries, which include Air Serbia, SriLankan Airlines and Mihin Lanka, can operate up to seven weekly flights between the two countries using third and fourth freedom rights. Additionally, Air Serbia has been approved fifth freedom rights if it uses a new airport on the island's south that has failed to draw customers. The Sri Lankan government's spokesman, Rajitha Senaratne, said the Bilateral Air Service Agreement between Sri Lanka and Serbia would help develop air services and tourism. “Especially, Mattala International Airport can be used by allowing Serbian aircraft to fly to other countries”, he told a news conference. Mattala Airport has been criticised for its inability to draw airlines several years after being built with Chinese loans. The agreement also allows airlines from each country to operate unrestricted passenger charter flights between Sri Lanka and Serbia.

Source - www.exyuaviation.com http://www.exyuaviation.com/p/serbia...teral-air.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
      I am not sure what you said there, but I totally agree with you
      Nice one LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by edthenna View Post
        I propose members to rethink my argument....did they really lose their Frequent flyers of Europe & North America to ME3 carriers or not? I know they lost, and what number of them were premium travelers? Did UL gain back those lost to their current frequent flyer program?...
        Loss of UL Premium passengers; was mainly due to quality of the product and service was not par with ME3 or any Asian airlines.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines to begin flights to Vishakapatnam

SriLankan Airlines would be starting a scheduled service to Vishakapatnam commencing on the 15th of February 2016

Explore the latest news, opinions, and features from New Indian Express. Stay informed with breaking news, in-depth coverage, and expert perspectives on various topics.
          Last edited by Aaqib; 18-11-2015, 02:11 PM. Reason: Additional data
          -Aaqib Hussain
          (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
          www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
            SriLankan Airlines would be starting a scheduled service to Vishakapatnam commencing on the 15th of February 2016

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2908171.ece
            Thanks for the news! Wow! How did you findout UL to commence VTZ flights from 15 Feb 2016. Good to hear its going to be finally materialised but They have been planning this route for over 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
              Hello
              As you may already know it is now flying to heathrow under UL503
              I don't think they will expans the network because there is no addition to the fleet in fact as another aircraft is about to e taken away from the service. ALG lease return check is
              Scheduled to be started by 15th of December... ADF was in hangar for a couple of weeks and now she is about to rejoin the fleet and will fly until late January as far as I kmow ( or probably until ALG is finished) ...
              Cheers
              Is 4R-ALG going to be scrapped? Can't UL be able to extend the lease agreements for those A332s if they are in the flying condition for next few years? UL recently announced they will cancel the european routes (exc LHR) so no point of having A350 in the fleet when they have a very few long haul routes. So I feel that UL better delay the A350 deliveries until they back to normal. May be those 3 A350 ordered from ILFC should be cancelled or changed to A332s instead of A350s. UL should be taking the direct orders of 4 A350 from Airbus to avoid the heavy penalty charges for cancelling the order. In my humble opinion only LHR & NRT are capable of meeting the demand of UL's A350 other long haul routes easily be served by A332/A333s.

Comment

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2908171.ece
                I hope UL takes their word with Indian expansion, and adds IXE, PNQ, AMD and resume their old CJB & CCJ flights. There's so much potential for SriLankan to take this traffic now that India is tightening bilateral expansion.

Comment

• Saudia to Commence JED-MLE-CMB Route

SV JED-CMB to operate via MLE but without 5th freedom rights.
                  Saudia in summer 2016 season is introducing scheduled operation to Maldives, on board 341-seater (J14Y327) Boeing 777-200ER aircraft. From 30MAR16, the Skyteam member will be offering twice weekly operation on Jeddah – Male – Colombo route, operating on Wednesdays and Sundays.
                  SV786 JED0035 – 0805MLE0925 – 1130CMB 772 37
                  SV787 CMB1310 – 1410MLE1530 – 1915JED 772 37

Last edited by Aaqib; 19-11-2015, 03:00 AM.
                  -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by abhijith16 View Post
                    I hope UL takes their word with Indian expansion, and adds IXE, PNQ, AMD and resume their old CJB & CCJ flights. There's so much potential for SriLankan to take this traffic now that India is tightening bilateral expansion.
                    I agree with you....they should benefit quite a bit from increasing frequencies to the Indian Sub-continent.....they should also take GOI and HYD into consideration
                    @abhijith16 any information on the re-naming of the TRZ airport?
                    -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

I agree with you....they should benefit quite a bit from increasing frequencies to the Indian Sub-continent.....they should also take GOI and HYD into consideration
                      @abhijith16 any information on the re-naming of the TRZ airport?
                      Yes yes, HYD, PNQ, AMD has to be timed to connect to Southeast Asia, while IXE, CCJ, CJB, GOI should be timed to both GCC and Southeast Asia. SriLankan has to reinvigorate the old India strategy.

P.S - I don't think they are renaming TRZ at all.
                      Last edited by abhijith16; 19-11-2015, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• QR A321 A7-AIB has positioned itself to shannon as per QR SOURCE.COM. Is this by any chance the 3rd A321 for UL??

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                          QR A321 A7-AIB has positioned itself to shannon as per QR SOURCE.COM. Is this by any chance the 3rd A321 for UL??
                          It says it's headed for Maintenance, so probably not.

Comment

It says it's headed for Maintenance, so probably not.
                            But as per QR SOURCE.COM, a321 a7-aia had maintenance done in Doha itself. hence thats why i was wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              Is 4R-ALG going to be scrapped? Can't UL be able to extend the lease agreements for those A332s if they are in the flying condition for next few years? UL recently announced they will cancel the european routes (exc LHR) so no point of having A350 in the fleet when they have a very few long haul routes. So I feel that UL better delay the A350 deliveries until they back to normal. May be those 3 A350 ordered from ILFC should be cancelled or changed to A332s instead of A350s. UL should be taking the direct orders of 4 A350 from Airbus to avoid the heavy penalty charges for cancelling the order. In my humble opinion only LHR & NRT are capable of meeting the demand of UL's A350 other long haul routes easily be served by A332/A333s.
                              http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6553687/

Comment

Lots of South Indian passengers fly to Europe via CMB. If UL cancels most of their European routes,then it will affect Indian routes also according to my opinion.
                                Last edited by channa; 19-11-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X