Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the UL and Mihin going to be placed under a State Holding Corporation too

The PM says all SOEs will be placed under a Temasek Holdings still holdings coperation while non-strategic enterprises will be privatized

State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Reform

A State Holding Corporation Limited (SHCL) to be formed, under which all state owned entrepreneurial enterprises would be under, built along the lines of Temasek Holdings of Singapore, to successfully manage state enterprises
    Efficient managers to be employed to run the SOEs and corrupt employees / politicians involved to be dealt accordingly

The Nation is a online Newspaper and magazine with Google CSE based search engine. Latest news updates, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, Technology, Health, Motoring...

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines operates a new A330-300 fleet with the arrival of its fifth Airbus on 10 November 2015

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Last trial flight 4R-ALP on 5-Nov-2015

Source: Jacquies Panas.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
        Hi banuthev.

Not hearing anything - it's all gone very quiet.
        I recently read from an interview which gives a bit more insight on route development of SriLankan. From mid 2016, UL is planning to increase flights to Beijing from 4 to daily, Tokyo from 4 to 5 weekly and increase the frequency to Indian cities. Schedules for Melbourne was loaded early this year with resumption date of 2 Nov 15 but it's now been postponed to end of 2016. Again UL is studying possibilities to resume Johannesburg for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          SriLankan Airlines operates a new A330-300 fleet with the arrival of its fifth Airbus on 10 November 2015

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/new...-november-2015
          Also, according to that Press release, UL is getting 8x A350s with deliveries starting in 2016. I thought they had only ordered 7 A350s (4 + 3 leased aircraft)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofpower View Post
            Is the UL and Mihin going to be placed under a State Holding Corporation too

The PM says all SOEs will be placed under a Temasek Holdings still holdings coperation while non-strategic enterprises will be privatized

State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Reform

A State Holding Corporation Limited (SHCL) to be formed, under which all state owned entrepreneurial enterprises would be under, built along the lines of Temasek Holdings of Singapore, to successfully manage state enterprises
            Efficient managers to be employed to run the SOEs and corrupt employees / politicians involved to be dealt accordingly

http://nation.lk/online/2015/11/06/h...icy-framework/
            It would be best if UL focuses on long haul flights and tourist destinations while MJ is given the routes where working class density is high....

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird747 View Post
              It would be best if UL focuses on long haul flights and tourist destinations while MJ is given the routes where working class density is high....
              will believe MEL when we see it. MEL airport is very congested now and all lucrative slots are gone. CMB-MEL-CMB success will be based not only on end to end but connector traffic to Europe and India and UL ability to promote CMB as a stop over destination. Yield are thin AI is struggling on DEL-MEL/SYD flights. In the case of JNB a surprising move, South African Economy is a mess and RAND is faring baldy in the world financial forum. South African and Jet has discountinued flights from JNB to Indian Sub Continent from 2013 and 2014. Hope UL has done a proper feasibility. Then again there is a lot of China Africa traffic. UL has to plan schedules so they are seamless to China and SA. Air China has entered JNB market, SA already flies to Mainland China and HKG, UL has to offer something that CA and SA does not offer. One move if SA is to move into Asia and JNB market is, there is no ONEWORLD carrier between JNB and Asia except CX. Whereas for STAR ALLIANCE there is SA, CA and SQ. If UL and use CMB that would be good. Also fyi, MH used to fly KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE (Asia to South Ameria via South Africa using a B747-400 this flight no longer operates and TG has pulled out from JNB-BKK route from a few months ago.)

Comment

• Any idea why UL flights to both KUL and SIN (all their flights in a day to both destinations) today are either delayed by 4 hrs or is cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                  Any idea why UL flights to both KUL and SIN (all their flights in a day to both destinations) today are either delayed by 4 hrs or is cancelled.
                  Hi Rahal, I can see UL flights have to been delayed today and could notice UL is running with short active-fleet of 19 aircraft (A32Series - 8 & A33Series - 11) after last A343 taken out of the service last week. Does this mean 4R-ADF had been sent to hangar for end-of-lease-checks? Any idea whether it will be coming back in service until 6Jan as reported before. Very sad to see my favourite A343 no longer part of UL fleet. It's said to be 5th A333 to be ferried from TLS to CMB tomorrow. So the delays are going to occur until 4R-ALP put in to service.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    I recently read from an interview which gives a bit more insight on route development of SriLankan. From mid 2016, UL is planning to increase flights to Beijing from 4 to daily, Tokyo from 4 to 5 weekly and increase the frequency to Indian cities. Schedules for Melbourne was loaded early this year with resumption date of 2 Nov 15 but it's now been postponed to end of 2016. Again UL is studying possibilities to resume Johannesburg for the future.
                    Sounds like more talk to me. Used to hear the same from Kapila. I've been hearing "soon" "next year" and "this Winter" for almost 10 years regarding flights to Australia. I have hard time taking this seriously.

The reality is they are out of money and the GOSL has no money to put into the Airline.

It's all in the last Annual Report - UL was supposed to get $125 Million from the GOSL. They didn't get this money.

Also in the Annual report - future liabilities associated with the order of new aircraft.

I'm not sure how they are continuing to fund operations.

Not sure where the money is going to come from to pay for the costs associated with the re-fleeting.
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                      It will be better if SriLankan can codeshare with Helitours and they should launch daily services on CMB-TRR-JAF route.
                      Better choice is our nation's third big airliner "Fitsair". As we already aware UL is already getting the customer orders on behalf of Fitssir for freighter service to international airports. So UL has to develop the joint venture with Fitsair on launching the domestic flights out of CMB to faciliate pax from abroad to take transit easily to other key domestic destinations like Kandy, Jaffna, Trimcomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradapura etc.. I'm sure lots of Sri Lankan disappora would love this if it's been matterialised. In the next stage Fitsair should launch flights onboard turboprop from RML to regional points like Male', Bengaluru, Trivandrum.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        Hi Rahal, I can see UL flights have to been delayed today and could notice UL is running with short active-fleet of 19 aircraft (A32Series - 8 & A33Series - 11) after last A343 taken out of the service last week. Does this mean 4R-ADF had been sent to hangar for end-of-lease-checks? Any idea whether it will be coming back in service until 6Jan as reported before. Very sad to see my favourite A343 no longer part of UL fleet. It's said to be 5th A333 to be ferried from TLS to CMB tomorrow. So the delays are going to occur until 4R-ALP put in to service.
                        hello..

ADF has taken out of the fleet temporary for a special check, basically to identify and note the key areas for the upcoming lease return maintenance. far as I know it was scheduled for a week, and will be back into the business within next 2-3 days if they don't have any serious maintenance going on. since the busy seasonal schedule is coming, this is the last chance they have to take it out of the service temporary. ALG will be the first to pull out, probably by the mid december.
                        sorry mate, I didn't go to work in few days so not quite sure whether they have many aircrafts in the hangar and as a result they are operating with a short of aircrafts.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                          Any idea why UL flights to both KUL and SIN (all their flights in a day to both destinations) today are either delayed by 4 hrs or is cancelled.
                          4R-ALL to Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                            Sounds like more talk to me. Used to hear the same from Kapila. I've been hearing "soon" "next year" and "this Winter" for almost 10 years regarding flights to Australia. I have hard time taking this seriously.

The reality is they are out of money and the GOSL has no money to put into the Airline.

It's all in the last Annual Report - UL was supposed to get $125 Million from the GOSL. They didn't get this money.

Also in the Annual report - future liabilities associated with the order of new aircraft.

I'm not sure how they are continuing to fund operations.

Not sure where the money is going to come from to pay for the costs associated with the re-fleeting.
                            The UL's ability to find funds needs to be seen, If they are planning on putting it under a Holdings cooperation like Temasek then they need to make it profit.

Comment

• 4R-ALP
                              15-07-2015 - At the flight line with primer and no engines
                              11-09-2015 - fully painted Back to flight line
                              07-10-2015 - Test flight
                              29-10-2015 - Acceptance flight 1
                              05-11-2015 - Acceptance flight 2
                              10-11-2015 - Ferry Flight
                              4R-ALP Ferry Schedule
                              SriLankan Airlines Flight 1206
                              Toulouse (TLS) to Colombo (CMB)
                              Departure: 10:00 AM Nov 10 Arrival: 1:10 AM Nov 11
                              Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                                4R-ALP Ferry Schedule
                                SriLankan Airlines Flight 1206
                                Toulouse (TLS) to Colombo (CMB)
                                Departure: 10:00 AM Nov 10 Arrival: 1:10 AM Nov 11
                                Scheduled
                                4R-ALP on the way home

Comment

Working...
                                X