Sri Lanka Aviation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 462 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 9233
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Does anyone know what their NEW medium to long term fleet strategy is?

To me it appears:

1. Replace aging A32X with A32Xneo.
    2. Not replace the A332s coming out of lease and let the newer A333s to take their place.
    3. Continue to keep the new A333s in the fleet.

Appreciate if some light can be thrown.
    Planning? Strategy? There's nothing like that at UL.

People are still making the mistake of looking at UL like it is a business.

Nothing about UL resembles a business in any way - which is one of the reasons they can't/won't find a buyer.

Aircraft orders are all about pocketing commissions - nothing more.

Don't expect anything from the GOSL - they can't even provide electricity to the people of the country.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Cayman,

I think what you guess is almost correct. However UL have to lease 4/5 more aircraft when does the current leases for A332 expires in 2020-1. In the end of 2021, UL will have 12 x A32X and 7 x A333 so they need 4/5 additional aircraft for running the flights.

Any idea if A320neo have the range of doing CMB-HKG and CMB-JED nonstop flights without payload penalty?
    Thanks Banu.

As for the A320neo, in the 150 seat configuration (which UL appears to have) the typical range is 3,700nm. According to GCM HKG is 2,200nm and JED 2,600nm. Both destinations should be operable without penalty.

I will try if I can find out and let you know this weekend. In the mean time I would like to know if CMB-COK route making profit for UL?
    I don't know whether they make profits or not but then what I know is that the round trip ticket costs USD 219. But then in the current state of affairs I guess they seem to make no profit on any route.
    BTW the CMB-DAC tickets are surprisingly high priced. Could remember flying that route and a ticket cost me a wallet busting USD 420 on MJ.

Cant they be able to refurbish the cabins of A330-200 and use them on routes like Gulf, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc.. UL better upgrade the MCT, AUH, LHE, BOM from A320 to A332.

I think new A320/321neos are replacing the A321/320 in the current fleet. If I'm not mistaken, as of April 17, UL will have 2 x A320neo, 6 x A320ceo, 3 x A321ceo, 6 x A332, and 7 x A333. I can notice MRC and ABK had been removed from fleet and MRF leaving the fleet in March 17.

Spookyflyer - do you know when does the lease expires for UL A332 fleet?

4R-ALA hasn't flown since mid-January... is it undergoing checks, or is it being removed from the fleet?

Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    4R-ALA hasn't flown since mid-January... is it undergoing checks, or is it being removed from the fleet?
    Hi Rahal - Do you know why 4R-ALA hasn't flown for past several weeks ?

Hi Rahal - Do you know why 4R-ALA hasn't flown for past several weeks ?
    hi banuthev,

4R-ALA is undergoing a major C check

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post

A lemon is a lemon and it gets what it gets.
    http://www.ft.lk/article/600571/Sri-...ailing-airline

LMAO it reminds me of Apprentice (US) Season 1 Episode 1 - Lemonade stand...where one contestant was trying to sell a cup of lemonade $1000

Here is some insight...There is power struggle between Ravi and Kabir...both are fairly educated one is an accountant and the other has a Master's degree from U of Colombo. One appoints directors to company and the other is not happy

One day I was speaking with one of them & I could see even he know that only solution for this closing down...technically this is not viable he know that...one of his adviser were to quip well 7000 cannot hold country to hostage...I had a smile back in my head so why don't you do something about it...unfortunately Sri Lankan politics does not allow correct thing take place. So every one is there to make money

Quote Originally Posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
    hi banuthev,

4R-ALA is undergoing a major C check
    Here she is
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Serendib; 02-03-2017 at 09:00 PM.

I heard that induction check for 4R-ANA is scheduled to complete today. Any idea when does UL is planning to put 4R-ANA in service for 1st Revenue Flight for UL ?

As per flightradar24 4R-ALN did yesterdays scheduled UL184 KHI/CMB.
    Therefore its already in CMB since 2 march

Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    As per flightradar24 4R-ALN did yesterdays scheduled UL184 KHI/CMB.
    Therefore its already in CMB since 2 march
    Hope she is in UL scheme now ?

Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Hope she is in UL scheme now ?
    Yes, 4R-ALN has been painted in UL scheme now.

SL Gov has decided not to do further sub-leasing on UL's Airbus A330-300s and they have decided to send 3 Airbus A330-200s back to lessor this year. Most probably 4R-ALA, ALB, & ALC would leave the fleet by end of this year.

Yes, 4R-ALN has been painted in UL scheme now.

SL Gov has decided not to do further sub-leasing on UL's Airbus A330-300s and they have decided to send 3 Airbus A330-200s back to lessor this year. Most probably 4R-ALA, ALB, & ALC would leave the fleet by end of this year.
    Thats good news Banu. Hoping to see some new pics... Also will there be any replacements for ALA, B & C

Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Thats good news Banu. Hoping to see some new pics... Also will there be any replacements for ALA, B & C
    SriLankan is returning 4 x A320 family aircraft (MRC, MRF, ABK, ABL) and 3 x A332 (ALA, ALB, ALC) back to lessor this year.

But SriLankan has taken 1 x A320neo last week and going to take 1 x A320neo and 3 x A321neo this year and 1 x A321neo in early 2018. So their fleet is not going to be severely affected due to lease return of those 3 x A332s.

From my understanding this is a forecast for aircraft fleet for SriLankan Airlines for next four years. Please check the below forecast which was prepared by myself in the curiosity to know status of UL fleet for next four years. I feel that the dry-lease of MRD & MRE have been extended for next 6 years following the agreement with Aercap for UL cancelling the A350 leases. None of the Aercap's A330-200 leases have been extended. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

forcast

Here comes the cat out of the bag...

http://www.dailynews.lk/2017/03/04/l...tens-tu-action

this is what happens when ground handling is handed to a single government entity...the current government knew this issue for last 2 years (this is one of the reason they cannot close this loss making airline and every time pumping taxpayers money for life support) and it is very unfortunate they did not bring in dnata, swissport, SATS (they should have de monopolise the ground handling)...and one of the advisors quip..."7000 holding country to hostage"...it is still not late to give training the SLAF personals just in case for emergency ground handling activity...that's what Gota would have done.

They should break up UL, CPC and AASL the same way Government control on Telecommunication industry was deregulated in early 1990 and accelerated in mid 2000. One of the key architect of this deregulation of that industry is none other than Canadian Educated Sri Lankan Prof Rohan Samarajiva. Deregulation of the Aviation industry Sri Lanka is well overdue...which results in Sri Lanka is one of the expensive countries to visit by air and with very limited choices. Sri Lanka also deregulated the shipping industry which resulted in one of the best ports in South Asia
    Last edited by Speedbird; 04-03-2017 at 01:51 AM.

QR has started flying A350 to Colombo

Quote Originally Posted by Azamh View Post
    QR has started flying A350 to Colombo
    Good News ! How did you find out ? I can see on FR24 , A7-ALB (A359) scheduled to operate DOH-CMB today as QR664 ?Arrival time is 3:40am on the 5-Mar-2017.
    Attached Images

4R-ALN is now flying for UL - performing todays UL229/30 to KWI

Good News ! How did you find out ? I can see on FR24 , A7-ALB (A359) scheduled to operate DOH-CMB today as QR664 ?Arrival time is 3:40am on the 5-Mar-2017.
    no. it's A332
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by djbeen-wings View Post
    no. it's A332
    must be some issue with Flightradar24. A350 isn't coming to CMB.