• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-343 cn 1669 F-WWCO // 4R-ALP

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-343 cn 1669 F-WWCO // 4R-ALP

source:Clément Alloing

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
      Thanks! any pics of 4R-ALP? what's her name?
      Your welcome! Yes, there are some pictures on the net, and her name is 'City of Hasthi Shailapura'. -Kurunegala
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• I wonder whether 4R-ALP is also not equipped with ADS-B but only Mode-S....4R-ALO is only equipped with Mode-S so she is hidden from FR24 coverage

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
          SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-343 cn 1669 F-WWCO // 4R-ALP
          Nice shot brother She looks so beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            Any idea why UL yesterday operated CAN via BKK outbound leg non stop and even today HKG via BKK outbound is non stop.
            UL must have been sold the full flight outbound leg to HKG flight on 8-Oct and CAN flight on 7-Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
              I wonder whether 4R-ALP is also not equipped with ADS-B but only Mode-S....4R-ALO is only equipped with Mode-S so she is hidden from FR24 coverage
              Perhaps 4R-ALO was ordered with Mode-S to support the Presidential entourages. I doubt rest of the fleet will be equipped with Mode-S.

Hi Skyliner & Rahal, could you please shed some light on the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                Perhaps 4R-ALO was ordered with Mode-S to support the Presidential entourages. I doubt rest of the fleet will be equipped with Mode-S.

Awwwch!!! Really!!?? That's bad news....

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                  Any idea why UL yesterday operated CAN via BKK outbound leg non stop and even today HKG via BKK outbound is non stop.
                  I think its because of end of china's "Golden Week" holiday period (oct 1-7 7 days official holidays in china because of china's national day called as Golden Week) normally chinese use to travel lots during this so they may had full passenger load to CAN n HKG and its not sudden decision its pre planned schedule beginning of month flight schedule showed it.
                  Last edited by Sali; 09-10-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Hello ... I wasn't aware of this issue before, and sure i'll do some digging tomorrow and let you know what they say ...

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
                      Hello,

I overheard it's going to fly in Europe but not sure about the accuracy of the information. ADE is in the last phase of lease return check and it is supposed to conclude by 05th of October. However usually it takes at least 3-5 days more than expected as these are pretty old aircrafts. Then we have the visit of owner and the next buyer of the aircraft. They point out their findings and then again minor maintenance should be carried out to fix them.
                      Hopefully everything will be finalised by the second week of October.

Cheers
                      I am wondering which european airlines is going to take delivery of 4R-ADE. Is it Azerbaijan Airlines? they currently have couple of A345s and single A346 in their fleet.

Comment

I wonder whether 4R-ALP is also not equipped with ADS-B but only Mode-S....4R-ALO is only equipped with Mode-S so she is hidden from FR24 coverage
                        Are you sure it's hidden from FR24 coverage?

Comment

• Originally posted by AviatorSN View Post
                          Are you sure it's hidden from FR24 coverage?

Yes AviatorSN It's only visible under MLAT coverage. You can see from the screenshot i took in few weeks ago, i was tracking flights even before 4R-ALO got airborne that day and the aircraft was not visible until the exact point in the screenshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                            Your welcome! Yes, there are some pictures on the net, and her name is 'City of Hasthi Shailapura'. -Kurunegala
                            When it delivered?

Comment

All airbus have Mode S transponders - mandatory pretty much everywhere.

ADS-B is increasingly mandatory as well. No reason not to have this installed on a new build aircraft.

FR24 database probably hasn't been updated - this is the most likely issue.
                              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Hello...
                                As promised I did some digging on this. I've spoken with an avionics engineer and his idea was most probably the FR24 database is not updated. He said the 'T3CAS' system has a significant difference in ALO so probably that might be the cause. ( read more about Thales T3CAS : https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/world...erospace/t3cas )
                                ADS-B is not essential for FR24 tracking, our old aircrafts are not equipped with that anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X