Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 477 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 464 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 9534
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    When UL was run as a business by professional managers it always turned a profit.

Case in point: When Peter Hill was CEO under the auspices of EK.

UL managed to remain profitable despite half their fleet been blown up by terrorists. Few months later 9/11 happened and aviation had one of its darkest periods since inception, yet UL prevailed.
    There were some 'creative' account practices IIRC at that time where the insurance payout from the written off aircraft were used in the balances and ultimately showed profitability that year.

Running up to that UL was actually having a net loss predominantly due to rising fuel costs IIRC.
    Last edited by LukeSkywalker; 14-02-2017 at 04:34 AM.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/170212/bus...ia-227878.html

From the article:-

Meanwhile the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in Lahore is carrying out an investigation into the PIA A330 aircraft deal with SriLankan Airlines, Pakistani media reports revealed.

The inquiry against the PIA management into charges of corruption was launched as there were allegations of taking massive commissions from the deal, media reports said.
    Looks like PIA is run just like UL - and they're in financial trouble as well! There's a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    What i see is, Our state airline had several opportunities and some good advises from personals who had experience in relevant matters, to become a successfully running airline of Asia. But the management/government haven't taken those opportunities and advises and has taken stupid decisions like an adamant child!! And we the people of SL has to bear all cost!!
    UL is not a business of any kind - it is a Racket. Once this is understood the rest falls into place.

UL exists purely to transfer public money into the pockets of the Racketeers and their cronies. These people are protected by the GOSL.

Don't kid yourself all your Politicians are involved.

There may be some (hopefully) who are not actually taking money but they know full well what is going on and do nothing - they're accessories to Corruption and Racketeering- that's your best case scenario!

Why do you think investigations are dismissed as fabrication or it never goes further than talk?

It saddens me to see people getting excited about new aircraft orders. These orders have nothing whatsoever to do with the requirements of the Airline and are just another way for the Racketeers to pocket money.

Ever hear who gets the Commissions? Enough said.

In addition these new aircraft are leased at above market rates so it becomes impossible to operate them profitably. It just adds to the losses.

It's the complete and total breakdown of the Rule of Law - very serious stuff.

The only way to stop the Racketeering at UL is to close it down - the quicker the better imho.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    There were some 'creative' account practices IIRC at that time where the insurance payout from the written off aircraft were used in the balances and ultimately showed profitability that year.

Running up to that UL was actually having a net loss predominantly due to rising fuel costs IIRC.
    I heard that rumor as well...insurance money is paid for the bottom line of the company...well I am not a financial expert...but what I know is when insurance pay out comes in; it first goes to settle leasing and financial dues...I seriously doubt that UL did a cash payment for the above mentioned fairly new assets.

Many inside UL and outside UL was against on EK management and spreading unfounded rumors like above...like they are making money out of GOSL ASAs; ground handling; catering etc...in my opinion that because racketeers could not make any money; EK did an excellent job

2nd A320neo for SriLankan Airlines / MSN7535 in full paint - https://www.flickr.com/photos/146519...3/32899815985/
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    2nd A320neo for SriLankan Airlines / MSN7535 in full paint - https://www.flickr.com/photos/146519...3/32899815985/
    Meanwhile the 1st a320Neo performed the Second Flight (Nearly 50 Minutes) on 14th February.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Meanwhile the 1st a320Neo performed the Second Flight (Nearly 50 Minutes) on 14th February.
    Well captured! How did you find out? I think the final acceptance flight on 19-Feb and delivery flight on 24-Feb. Haleef , please correct me if I am wrong.

Well captured! How did you find out? I think the final acceptance flight on 19-Feb and delivery flight on 24-Feb. Haleef , please correct me if I am wrong.
    24th it maybe leaving XFW I guess. 27th it's supposed to be landing at Colombo. I will get pictures from XFW during the delivery ceremony. Will share them if I do get them. Hopefully my father will also be going to the delivery ceremony at VCBI, so he will get pictures as well. 4R-ANA is hopefully supposed to come to VCBI via DXB, not via KWT.

Kuwait Airways is going to increase the Colombo flights from 7 weekly to 10 weekly effective 3 Apr 2017. All KU flights will be operated onboard A330-200. Currently SriLankan operates 7 weekly flights on CMB-KWI-CMB.

New Sked (effect 3 Apr 2017)
    as per 15-Feb-2017
    KWI-CMB - 16:00 - 00:05 - 357+1
    KWI-CMB - 17:40 - 01:35 - 1357+1
    KWI-CMB - 20:35 - 04:30 - 246+1

CMB-KWI - 01:25 - 04:20 - 146
    CMB-KWI - 02:50 - 06:05 - 1246
    CMB-KWI - 05:45 - 08:40 - 357

Kuwait Airways have changed the flight timings for Summer 2017. Above flight timings have been cancelled. New Timings are below.

New Sked (effect 03 Apr 2017)
    as per 19-Feb-2017

KWI-CMB - 01:55 - 10:00 - 12356 - A332
    KWI-CMB - 16:00 - 00:05+1 - 23567 - A332

CMB-KWI - 11:20 - 14:15 - 12356 - A332
    CMB-KWI - 01:25 - 04:20 - 13467 - A332

I saw a Indigo aircraft parked at BIA today (16feb17).
    Does anyone know if this was a charter? As far as I know they are not flying to CMB

Quote Originally Posted by csilva_lk View Post
    Does anyone know if this was a charter? As far as I know they are not flying to CMB
    I believe Indigo has an MRO agreement with UL and maintenance and checks are done in CMB?

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Pe...JO-123930.html

Gets more bizarre every day....

Epic Fail!
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Pe...JO-123930.html

Gets more bizarre every day....

Epic Fail!

Came for maintenance from BLR with 2Flight crew ,1cabin crew and 2 Engineer

UL is handling all the C Checks for indigo.

1st A320 Neo will arrive to CMB on 26th Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    1st A320 Neo will arrive to CMB on 26th Feb.
    You sure it will be here on the 26th? Because someone in the airline told me 27th :/

Hi Rahal, When does UL going to return 4R-ABL, MRD, MRE, ALA, ALB, ALC, ALD, ALH and ALJ back to lessor ? Are you guys receiving training on handling neo engines for upcoming A320neo/A321neo fleet?

Hi Rahal, When does UL going to return 4R-ABL, MRD, MRE, ALA, ALB, ALC, ALD, ALH and ALJ back to lessor ? Are you guys receiving training on handling neo engines for upcoming A320neo/A321neo fleet?
    hi banuthev,
    all aircrafts you mentioned are not scheduled to be returned at this time as far as i know( or we haven't been informed yet).
    The only re deliveries we are focussing right now are MRC ABK & MRF.
    Yes NEO training classes are being conducted at the STT.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    You sure it will be here on the 26th? Because someone in the airline told me 27th :/
    yup arrival to cmb is scheduled on 26th..
    Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017 at 05:02 PM.

MRD and MRE will not be returned but will inducted to UL fleet. ABL will be returned may be during last months this year.
    Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.