X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max View Post
    SriLankan Airlines appoints new CEO

SriLankan Airlines has appointed Captain Suren Ratwatte as the new chief executive officer of the airline with effect from October 2015.

The airline said in a statement that Captain Ratwatte is an airline pilot with over 30 years of experience in the field whose first appointment was with SriLankan’s predecessor, Air Lanka in 1984.

Captain Ratwatte is also a holder of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, the statement said.

“With over 18,000 flying hours in a number of different types of aircraft, including the Boeing B-777 and Airbus A380, he has been deeply immersed in airline operations for many years,” SriLankan Airlines said.

“His expertise includes a variety of senior instructional and management roles in Airlines, most recently was the Human Factors Manager of Emirates Airlines.”

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/s...oints-new-ceo/
    Looks like the best person for UL has been found

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
      Looks like 4R-ADA flew back to England and ended up at Cotsworld Airport. They have Air Salvage International based at this airport.

Banu; it's not that far from you��
      Yes I'm planning to take pictures of 4R-ADA at Kemble this saturday. Hopefully I will make it happen. I spoke to AirSalvage Intl who currently keeping 4R-ADA. They said they will be start dismantling the 4R-ADA from next few weeks.

Hi Rahalroxz, I think you have been to Kemble in the past. Could you please tell me if the airport has good spotting locations where i can take photos?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Yes I'm planning to take pictures of 4R-ADA at Kemble this saturday. Hopefully I will make it happen. I spoke to AirSalvage Intl who currently keeping 4R-ADA. They said they will be start dismantling the 4R-ADA from next few weeks.

Hi Rahalroxz, I think you have been to Kemble in the past. Could you please tell me if the airport has good spotting locations where i can take photos?
        Hello ... Yes i have been to there few years ago... Actually it's located in a large field with plenty of open area with just a fence.. I remember our hangar was near the 'fire department building' and there was a gate for the airfield... If you could find that place you might be able to see the runway and tarmac clearly.

Also there are many small hangars in the kemble airport and most of them are used by aerobatic aircraft users and sight seeing helicopters... I remember although we hadn't airside passes we talked to these guys and get the chance to enter their aprons and spot aircrafts. These are the best places to see and I suggest you should try talking to them. They are very nice people and since sight seeing passengers go to the tarmac i think it wouldn't be a much of a problem if you enter the tarmac from there.

Anyway im talking about the conditions of 4 years back things may have changed now ... But there are lots of open areas so you will definitely be able to spot her ... And good luck mate

Comment

• Cheaper fuel helps SriLankan Airlines trim losses

SriLankan Airlines has reduced losses with oil prices coming down, and it is trying to consolidate its position without expanding into new routes, Chairman Ajith Dias said.

A re-structuring plan has already been approved by the cabinet of ministers, which may be made public soon he said.

SriLankan’s re-fleeting plan is going ahead with four aircraft to be delivered in the next 12-months he said.

The airline was not in talks for a foreign partner at the moment, he said, but they wanted more code-sharing arrangements.

The Nation is a online Newspaper and magazine with Google CSE based search engine. Latest news updates, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, Technology, Health, Motoring...

Comment

Cheaper fuel helps SriLankan Airlines trim losses

SriLankan Airlines has reduced losses with oil prices coming down, and it is trying to consolidate its position without expanding into new routes, Chairman Ajith Dias said.

A re-structuring plan has already been approved by the cabinet of ministers, which may be made public soon he said.

SriLankan’s re-fleeting plan is going ahead with four aircraft to be delivered in the next 12-months he said.

The airline was not in talks for a foreign partner at the moment, he said, but they wanted more code-sharing arrangements.

http://nation.lk/online/2015/09/12/c...s-trim-losses/

Note - Total four aircraft to be delivered in the next 12-months

3 - A330-300

1 - A350-900

Comment

Note - Total four aircraft to be delivered in the next 12-months

3 - A330-300

1 - A350-900
              Where did you get this information? I agree with your info about A330-300 deliveries as 4R-ALP due in Oct and 4R-ALQ due in early Dec & 4R-ALR due end of Dec 2015. But are you sure UL will lease A350-900 ?

Comment

Where did you get this information? I agree with your info about A330-300 deliveries as 4R-ALP due in Oct and 4R-ALQ due in early Dec & 4R-ALR due end of Dec 2015. But are you sure UL will lease A350-900 ?
                wait, there is a 7th A333 for ul (4R-ALR) ? I thought the last one to be deilvered would be 4R-ALQ cz i thought the order was only for 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                  wait, there is a 7th A333 for ul (4R-ALR) ? I thought the last one to be deilvered would be 4R-ALQ cz i thought the order was only for 6.
                  Nope UL ordered seven A330-343Es but media said they ordered 6 I think additional one was ordered for MR's entourages. Please read the sources below.

Comment

According to Airbus sources A350 delivery is on schedule.

MSN – 052 - A350-941- 4R-xxx - On order.
                    MSN – 055 - A350-941- 4R-xxx - On order.
                    MSN – 063 - A350-941- 4R-xxx - On order.

Delivery – 2016 \ 2017

Finance Ministry will decide……….

Comment

Looks like 4R-ADA flew back to England and ended up at Cotsworld Airport. They have Air Salvage International based at this airport.

Banu; it's not that far from you��
                      Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
                      Hello ... Yes i have been to there few years ago... Actually it's located in a large field with plenty of open area with just a fence.. I remember our hangar was near the 'fire department building' and there was a gate for the airfield... If you could find that place you might be able to see the runway and tarmac clearly.

Also there are many small hangars in the kemble airport and most of them are used by aerobatic aircraft users and sight seeing helicopters... I remember although we hadn't airside passes we talked to these guys and get the chance to enter their aprons and spot aircrafts. These are the best places to see and I suggest you should try talking to them. They are very nice people and since sight seeing passengers go to the tarmac i think it wouldn't be a much of a problem if you enter the tarmac from there.

Anyway im talking about the conditions of 4 years back things may have changed now ... But there are lots of open areas so you will definitely be able to spot her ... And good luck mate
                      Thanks Rahal & Calgarylankan - Here are the 4R-ADA pictures I took during my visit at Kemble today (12th Sep 2015).

Link : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...ll=1#post11455

Comment

• Is it true 4R-ALB has received a "visit sri lanka" livery under the belly?

Comment

• Guys, Guess which is the new destination for Mihin Lanka.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                            Is it true 4R-ALB has received a "visit sri lanka" livery under the belly?
                            Nope, ALB hasn't got a Visit Sri Lanka sticker under the belly. Got a pic of it today, but no blue part could be seen.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Guys, Guess which is the new destination for Mihin Lanka.
                              Muscat?

Comment

Muscat?
                                That's correct, Mihin Lanka to take over Muscat route from SriLankan effective 25 Oct 2015. In the beginning MJ205/6 flights to Muscat are operating every Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun but the frequency will be increased to five weekly from 11 Nov 2015. Do you think it's a good decision SriLankan is giving up the Muscat route to Mihin Lanka. On the Colombo-Muscat route, Oman Air is going to operate double daily effective 25 Oct 2015 too.

Comment

Working...
                                X