This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sali View Post
    no wonder why they increase china capacity more n more chinese tourists. according to tourist board 119705 chinese tourists first 7 months of the year 77% increase comparing same period last year (2014-67408). china will be ul biggest market if they can utilize well.
    Also it will be good if UL can capture the Chinese transit traffic to Africa and other destinations.

Comment

• Below are the destinations terminated by UL.

Amsterdam
      Beirut
      Berlin
      Brussels
      Coimbatore
      Copenhagen
      Fukuoka
      Goa
      Hyderabad
      Kozhikode
      Melbourne
      Milan
      Munich
      Stockholm
      Sydney
      Vienna
      Zurich

What routes do you think should resume(Passenger and Cargo)?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
        4R ADG, Is landing in ROME.
        @ Skyliner - 4R-ADG being ferried to GYR via FCO & EWR. I think the lessor ILFC is going to deliver this bird to some other airline if i'am not mistaken?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          @ Skyliner - 4R-ADG being ferried to GYR via FCO & EWR. I think the lessor ILFC is going to deliver this bird to some other airline if i'am not mistaken?
          I really dont think so.... We were told that only ADF ADE will be flying for another airline after retiring from UL. ADG Im qt certain will be scrapped, but i'll check again

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
            Below are the destinations terminated by UL.

Amsterdam
            Beirut
            Berlin
            Brussels
            Coimbatore
            Copenhagen
            Fukuoka
            Goa
            Hyderabad
            Kozhikode
            Melbourne
            Milan
            Munich
            Stockholm
            Sydney
            Vienna
            Zurich

Amsterdam,Milan,Sydney & Melbourne
            Zurich
            Kozikode,Goa
            Coimbatore

Comment

Also it will be good if UL can capture the Chinese transit traffic to Africa and other destinations.
              Hope they consider flights to JNB

Comment

• MEL/SYD could still work if UL can get its duck in line and plan route to connect to European and Indian Destinations. Asela makes good point on MXP. Other than that I don't see UL would benefit from opening new stations. What it should do is capitalise and exploit existing destinations. Opening a new route needs a lot of planning. Markets yields are low in aviation industry so treading on thin ice on new destinations is not best for UL. What UL needs to do is get it right on what is there. If UL really wants a share of new markets perhaps operate certain routes on a Seasonal Basis. I was reading the AY FINNAIR inflight magazine and amazed to see the number of Seasonal Destinations AY operates to these included Havana, Goa via Sharjah, Krabi etc. UL could take a leaf out of the same book and may be introduce seasonal flights during northern summer to ARN, CPH,AMS increase DME etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                  MEL/SYD could still work if UL can get its duck in line and plan route to connect to European and Indian Destinations. Asela makes good point on MXP. Other than that I don't see UL would benefit from opening new stations. What it should do is capitalise and exploit existing destinations. Opening a new route needs a lot of planning. Markets yields are low in aviation industry so treading on thin ice on new destinations is not best for UL. What UL needs to do is get it right on what is there. If UL really wants a share of new markets perhaps operate certain routes on a Seasonal Basis. I was reading the AY FINNAIR inflight magazine and amazed to see the number of Seasonal Destinations AY operates to these included Havana, Goa via Sharjah, Krabi etc. UL could take a leaf out of the same book and may be introduce seasonal flights during northern summer to ARN, CPH,AMS increase DME etc.
                  Routes via MLE can increase the yield into European markets?

Comment

• Originally posted by vihan-perara View Post
                    Routes via MLE can increase the yield into European markets?
                    Good Point Vihan in the past not only did UL operate Europe but also NRT via MLE. I believe was pulled out due to some that included Maldivian Authorities being difficult. But it is an option

Comment

Good Point Vihan in the past not only did UL operate Europe but also NRT via MLE. I believe was pulled out due to some that included Maldivian Authorities being difficult. But it is an option
                      before MXP wa terminated they were planning at least one flight to operate as CMB-MLE-MXP-MLE-CMB and the the remain two flights CMB-MXP-CMB. Then they did the opposit due SOME reasons....It's better if I quite my mouth...

Comment

I was reading the AY FINNAIR inflight magazine and amazed to see the number of Seasonal Destinations AY operates to these included Havana, Goa via Sharjah, Krabi etc. UL could take a leaf out of the same book and may be introduce seasonal flights during northern summer to ARN, CPH,AMS increase DME etc.
                        The seasonal routes all run during the Winter months. There are a lot of people who want to escape the cold Winter months.

Seasonal routes in the Summer to these places will not work.
                        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

We should try to fly Amsterdam via Munich.

Comment

UL currently working to launch more destinations and add more flights to China and India. I think it's a right thing to do.

Comment

• TK is planning to start new route on IST-SYD from 2016. It will be great if it has a stop over in Colombo : http://www.ausbt.com.au/turkish-airl...n=home-flipper

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                                TK is planning to start new route on IST-SYD from 2016. It will be great if it has stop over in Colombo : http://www.ausbt.com.au/turkish-airl...n=home-flipper
                                TK has to stop somewhere. I believe route will be launched with A333 and then upgraded to B77W

Comment

Working...
                                X