X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by channa View Post
    4R-ALO first revenue flight to LHR today as UL 503
    Thanks channa. Here are the pictures i took today at LHR when 4R-ALO arrived there as UL503.

New Bitmap Image

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Thanks channa. Here are the pictures i took today at LHR when 4R-ALO arrived there as UL503.
      Awesome pix as always
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
        4R-ALO first revenue flight to LHR today as UL 503
        So is this a 242 MTOW?

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
          Awesome pix as always
          Can 242t A333 fly on Colombo - London without payload restriction?

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing the amazing photos!

Comment

4R-ADA and 4R-ADG are already been painted in white livery and have been parked in the CMB hangar , counting the days to leave their base. It's very sad to see retirement of A340 types. But UL needs aircraft which could support the current business model and to turn the company in profit.

Hi Rahalroxz, Any latest update on 4R-ADA and 4R-ADG ? I think 4R-ADG has flew the test flight as UL9 from CMB-CMB on 18th Aug. When 4R-ADE and 4R-ADF are going to be retired from UL fleet? Any pics ?

Hello

Yes the test flight of ADG is concluded and now it is resting in the C26 stand of BIA awaiting the final departure ... ... All set to go. I took some pictures of it this morning and uploaded to the Sri Lankan Airlines Fan Club fcebook page ... I can't upload them to here because apparently this page does not support mobile uploading.

ADA is still at the hangar and undergoing minor maintenance and will be sent soon as well.
              This morning (23rd) ADE has been taken into the hangar for her lease return tasks. So it will be taken out from the fleet as well. ( however in our system it shows as 'PRE lease return checks' so may be they have plans to do the check in two segments. Still it is highly unlikely to do like that practically so most probably it's her end of service to UL too)
              Im not sure about the ADF, but they will hold it until we get the next 333 to the fleet.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Banu for uploading those excellent photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyline View Post
                  Can 242t A333 fly on Colombo - London without payload restriction?
                  Don't see any issue with it. DL MTOW 242T A333 are doing 11-11.30hr IST-JFK/ATH-JFK without any issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                    Don't see any issue with it. DL MTOW 242T A333 are doing 11-11.30hr IST-JFK/ATH-JFK without any issues.
                    The first 242t 4R-ALO flew on CMB-LHR couple of days ago. It seemingly hasn't flown since. Is it perhaps in TechOps for Wifi installation? Any ideas when it will re-enter revenue service? What is the seat config of 4R-ALO? I'm interested to know what routes this aircraft will fly.

242t A330 (297seats) may have range of upto 6100nm so it should be able to fly CMB-LHR in Summer in 11:30hrs/5020nm in Winter in 11:50hrs/5206nm. If I am not mistaken, UL's ALL/ALM/ALN are 235t types which have the maximum range of 5100nm with 297seats & fully loaded belly-cargo. I think UL should be using ALL/ALM/ALN (235T?)for medium haul and it should be taking all remaining three A333 orders (ALP/ALQ/ALR) in 242t types to serve LHR and NRT. On the other hand, UL must postpone the Three A359s order until they recover from loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
                      Hello

Yes the test flight of ADG is concluded and now it is resting in the C26 stand of BIA awaiting the final departure ... ... All set to go. I took some pictures of it this morning and uploaded to the Sri Lankan Airlines Fan Club fcebook page ... I can't upload them to here because apparently this page does not support mobile uploading.

ADA is still at the hangar and undergoing minor maintenance and will be sent soon as well.
                      This morning (23rd) ADE has been taken into the hangar for her lease return tasks. So it will be taken out from the fleet as well. ( however in our system it shows as 'PRE lease return checks' so may be they have plans to do the check in two segments. Still it is highly unlikely to do like that practically so most probably it's her end of service to UL too)
                      Im not sure about the ADF, but they will hold it until we get the next 333 to the fleet.

Cheers
                      Whats going to happen to ADE? Scrapping or going to deliver for some other airline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                        Whats going to happen to ADE? Scrapping or going to deliver for some other airline?
                        No it's condition is very good and has spare hours before expiring... It will
                        Be delivered to another airline

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
                          No it's condition is very good and has spare hours before expiring... It will
                          Be delivered to another airline
                          Hmm its very sad they are scrapping ADG? I thought ADG (cn381) newer than ADE (cn367)...also .. In the past ADG/HXL (Ex CX) was serving only regional routes for both UL & CXand spent more time in storage at VCV..

Whats the seat configuration for ALO? Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                            Hmm its very sad they are scrapping ADG? I thought ADG (cn381) newer than ADE (cn367)...also .. In the past ADG/HXL (Ex CX) was serving only regional routes for both UL & CXand spent more time in storage at VCV..

Whats the seat configuration for ALO? Cheers
                            I seriously had no idea about MSN of these two aircrafts until you mention... But anyway the lifetime of an aircraft is basically calculated by the age of its structure together with the pressure cycles. So even though ADG is younger, it may have higher number of fuselage pressure cycles, making it to expire earlier. And ADG's interior condition was a nightmare !

As far as I remember it's 28/270 for ALO

Comment

The first 242t 4R-ALO flew on CMB-LHR couple of days ago. It seemingly hasn't flown since. Is it perhaps in TechOps for Wifi installation? Any ideas when it will re-enter revenue service? What is the seat config of 4R-ALO? I'm interested to know what routes this aircraft will fly.

242t A330 (297seats) may have range of upto 6100nm so it should be able to fly CMB-LHR in Summer in 11:30hrs/5020nm in Winter in 11:50hrs/5206nm. If I am not mistaken, UL's ALL/ALM/ALN are 235t types which have the maximum range of 5100nm with 297seats & fully loaded belly-cargo. I think UL should be using ALL/ALM/ALN (235T?)for medium haul and it should be taking all remaining three A333 orders (ALP/ALQ/ALR) in 242t types to serve LHR and NRT. On the other hand, UL must postpone the Three A359s order until they recover from loss.
                              4R-ALO is operating today as UL503/4 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                                4R-ALO is operating today as UL503/4 again.
                                Today I saw when 4R-ALO was landing 18 minutes late at LHR. Good to see UL is regularly sending these brand new A333s to LHR but I didn't get why they are deploying these brand new birds to low-yield destinations like CAN, RUH, JED. Sorry for the picture quality.

New Bitmap Image (3)

Comment

Working...
                                X