This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SriLankan Airlines adds three more Chennai-Colombo flights

"Around 45% of passengers from India travel beyond Colombo, mostly to Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore, London, Paris, Frankfurt and destinations in the Gulf nations," Mohan said. "There are direct flights from Colombo to China, the Far East, Gulf, Europe and Southeast Asia with convenient connections for travellers from south India."

SriLankan Airlines regional manager, India, Lalith De Silva said, "Last year we had over 2,25,000 arrivals on SriLankan Airlines from Chennai to Colombo. It is certain that Chennai is our fastest growing market in southern India. We see the market as a crucial business hub."

"The increased frequency shows our commitment to Chennai. We will strengthen commercial and bilateral ties between India and Sri Lanka. With the additional flights, both business and leisure customers will have better connectivity."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/48534414.cms

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
      Kunming flights will be stopping very soon.
      Omg why ?? I thought UL is going to expand in China and sometimes they operate A330 to KMG.

Originally posted by Max View Post
      SriLankan Airlines adds three more Chennai-Colombo flights

"Around 45% of passengers from India travel beyond Colombo, mostly to Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore, London, Paris, Frankfurt and destinations in the Gulf nations," Mohan said. "There are direct flights from Colombo to China, the Far East, Gulf, Europe and Southeast Asia with convenient connections for travellers from south India."

SriLankan Airlines regional manager, India, Lalith De Silva said, "Last year we had over 2,25,000 arrivals on SriLankan Airlines from Chennai to Colombo. It is certain that Chennai is our fastest growing market in southern India. We see the market as a crucial business hub."

"The increased frequency shows our commitment to Chennai. We will strengthen commercial and bilateral ties between India and Sri Lanka. With the additional flights, both business and leisure customers will have better connectivity."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/48534414.cms
      Can you please post the new schedule?
      Last edited by Serendib; 19-08-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
        Omg why ?? I thought UL is going to expand in China and sometimes they operate A330 to KMG.

I was wondering what UL129/30 was on flightradar24 the other day and that too operated by MJs A319.

That is the new service to Chennai. As per the flightradar24 history its operated as a mix, its operated once by MJ and once by UL metal as well.

Funny thing is this departs out of CMB bound to MAA right after UL's regular (daily) wide body flight to MAA UL121/2 service.

Comment

Yeah, that's too bad for them to be stopping that route. I still don't have the new schedule with me.
          Haleef Ismail
          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Looks like its time to say good bye to the 340s

Airlineroute.com reports;
            SriLankan Airlines has further revised planned Airbus A340-300 operations, which sees last A340 scheduled operation scheduled on 30OCT15, instead of 01NOV15. As of 21AUG15, planned A340-300 operation for the week of 25OCT15 as follow.

Colombo – Bangkok – Guangzhou 25OCT15
            Colombo – Doha 30OCT15
            Colombo – Riyadh 26OCT15 – 28OCT15
            Colombo – Shanghai Pu Dong 29OCT15 (PVG departure 30OCT15)

Currently, last A340-300 is scheduled on 01NOV15, Doha to Colombo, however further changes remain possible.

Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

Comment

• Is 4R-ADA still in CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                Is 4R-ADA still in CMB?
                4R-ADA and 4R-ADG are already been painted in white livery and have been parked in the CMB hangar , counting the days to leave their base. It's very sad to see retirement of A340 types. But UL needs aircraft which could support the current business model and to turn the company in profit.

Hi Rahalroxz, Any latest update on 4R-ADA and 4R-ADG ? I think 4R-ADG has flew the test flight as UL9 from CMB-CMB on 18th Aug. When 4R-ADE and 4R-ADF are going to be retired from UL fleet? Any pics ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                  No problem. I didn't get much information about the Pilots, but they were SriLankan Pilots. Still inside the B747 hangar and it will stay there for today and tomorrow. No idea of the first flight.
                  I think UL's fourth A333, 4R-ALO is going to make the first revenue flight on the 26th Aug but not sure about destination. I can see from the airport website, four of the UL's A333s are flying out of CMB on the 26-Aug as below.

00:25 - UL553 - FRA
                  13:00 - UL503 - LHR
                  18:45 - UL217 - DOH
                  23:30 - UL455 - NRT

pic source : chehan

Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                  Kunming flights will be stopping very soon.
                  Reservation for Kunming is open throughout Summer 2016. I can be able to see that UL is increasing frequencies to Muscat and Chennai from Winter 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    I think UL's fourth A333, 4R-ALO is going to make the first revenue flight on the 26th Aug but not sure about the destination. I can see from the airport website, four of the UL's A333s are flying out of CMB on the 26-Aug as below.

00:25 - UL553 - FRA
                    13:00 - UL503 - LHR
                    18:45 - UL217 - DOH
                    23:30 - UL455 - NRT

pic source : chehan

DOH always serves with 333's. any reason behind it??

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                      DOH always serves with 333's. any reason behind it??
                      It is because we still have clearance for 343 in doha for summer shedule. So with the phase out of 343 from our fleet replaced 333 sheduled to Doha. Winter sked also planned with 333 to doha. Glad to mention we have a good pax and cargo loads ex doha

Comment

• Hong Kong, 14 August 2015

Hong Kong Aviation Capital (HKAC) delivered today the first 242 tonne Maximum Take Off Weight (242t MTOW) A330-300 to SriLankan Airlines and is the third delivery out of five that HKAC will do on a Purchase and Lease back basis with the airline. This delivery comes just after the airline celebrates its one year anniversary since joining Oneworld alliance.

Donal Boylan, CEO of HKAC said: “We are very pleased to see the continued growth and modernization of SriLankan Airlines as the airline performs on its turnaround into profitability. Furthermore, it is exciting to be delivering this aircraft which is a first for the airline, and for HKAC.”

About Hong Kong Aviation Capital
                        Hong Kong Aviation Capital (HKAC) is a leading aircraft lessor with a global reach in terms of aircraft, airline portfolio quality and asset management capability. With offices in Hong Kong, Dublin and New York, HKAC combines investment expertise in commercial aircraft leasing and financial instruments with aircraft management and advisory services. HKAC’s mission is to create value for its clients and shareholders, and to uphold the reputation and values of its shareholders, the Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd, (Shenzhen Stock Exchange China publicly listed financial service company Public, SLE: 000415), and the HNA Group. Please visit www.hkac.com to learn more about HKAC.

Comment

• delivered today the**first 242 tonne Maximum Take Off Weight (242t MTOW) A330-300 to SriLankan Airlines**and
                          So it's 4R-ALO? Got centre fuel tank? Can it fly NRT & LHR without payload restriction esp during winter season.

Comment

So it's 4R-ALO? Got centre fuel tank? Can it fly NRT & LHR without payload restriction esp during winter season.
                            I think the first 242t MTOW A330-300 was delivered to Delta as of what Airbus tells me.

And for the record, on my last trip to Beijing I had the privilege to meet our pilot and I was flying UL's second A333 4R-ALM. However in our little discussion on SriLankan's fleet renewal, he mentioned that the first 3 A333s ALL/M/N which we delivered to SriLankan were actually to be delivered to some Middle eastern airline, and that we will be receiving our original A333 deliveries starting from the 4th one which is 4R-ALO so chances are, it could be one of the newest 242t MTOW A333s which entered service with Delta Airlines this June.
                            Last edited by AviatorSN; 25-08-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

4R-ALO first revenue flight to LHR today as UL 503

Comment

ALO has a centre fuel tank

Comment

Working...
                                X