This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    4R-ALO flew the first test flight on the 21-Jul-2015 then it flew the one of the acceptance flight on the 24-Jul-2015. Looking forward to see this baby in Sri Lanka.

Wow nic pic

Comment

Yes Cayman, 4R-ADB and 4R-ADC were sent to scrap yard in SFB last month.
      Thanks!

Comment

• Sri Lankan to boost flights to India

SriLankan Airlines is looking to boost flights to India, join new destinations with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau encouraging corporate entities pitching for MICE business from India.

Latest News Hiruja, a Volleyball star from Dhammissara MV Ashan wins coveted HSBC Premier Golf Challenge Trophy Dialog unveils ‘Home Broadband Plans’…

Comment

Yes Cayman, 4R-ADB and 4R-ADC were sent to scrap yard in SFB last month. This already been discussed in the forum so you can find some info in our earlier posts. But 4R-ADA still parked in Colombo hangar for lease return checks. I think lease return check for this bird will take some more time due to it's tail strike incident and the accident it had during the maintenance in the past.

Hi Umedha, Do you have any latest update on 4R-ADA ?
          Looks like 4R-ADA did a test flight today; http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...r-ada/#6f09ec3

Comment

Yes, 4R-ADG already been withdrawn from service in end of June, 4R-ADE will be withdrawn in October and 4R-ADF will be flying the last revenue flight to Doha in November.

Hi Rahalroxz, Rumour has UL has plans to retire one A332 in December but not sure about the reg? So end of this year UL will have the pretty young fleet like 6 X A320, 2 X A321, 6 X A332, 7 X A333 :-)
            hi,

sorry for the delay ...
            Although I'm not sure about the exact time frames for A330 lease returns, I can say the first one will be ALG aircraft... It is the only wide body aircraft in the fleet with old BC seats and old IFE system. (In my point of view the remaining two 340's have a far better condition than this. This should be the first one to go)

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
              hi,

sorry for the delay ...
              Although I'm not sure about the exact time frames for A330 lease returns, I can say the first one will be ALG aircraft... It is the only wide body aircraft in the fleet with old BC seats and old IFE system. (In my point of view the remaining two 340's have a far better condition than this. This should be the first one to go)
              hi RAHALROXZ i take you were talking about A340? so ADG? not ALG? ADG was the ex CX bird.
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                hi RAHALROXZ i take you were talking about A340? so ADG? not ALG? ADG was the ex CX bird.
                Hi,

Hehe No I was talking about our super annoying A330 4R-ALG. The 340, ADG is already half way through its lease return checks so it's just a matter of time to send her back.
                My opinion was, if they plan to retire any 330 in this year, it would be ALG due to its old condition.

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

Hehe No I was talking about our super annoying A330 4R-ALG. The 340, ADG is already half way through its lease return checks so it's just a matter of time to send her back.
                  My opinion was, if they plan to retire any 330 in this year, it would be ALG due to its old condition.

Cheers
                  Lol Oops. ALG was ex bmi if I am not mistaken. Will ALG & ADG get scrapped or return to another airline?
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                    Lol Oops. ALG was ex bmi if I am not mistaken. Will ALG & ADG get scrapped or return to another airline?
                    Hehe yes ALG was taken from BMI and most probably they will be scrapped ... Conditions are not very good for reselling
                    Anyway i today got the news that ALG will be taking into least return checks in next January. Probably they want it to fly during peak christmas months ..

Comment

Hehe yes ALG was taken from BMI and most probably they will be scrapped ... Conditions are not very good for reselling
                      Anyway i today got the news that ALG will be taking into least return checks in next January. Probably they want it to fly during peak christmas months ..
                      Thank RAHALROXZ. ��
                      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                        Sri Lankan to boost flights to India

SriLankan Airlines is looking to boost flights to India, join new destinations with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau encouraging corporate entities pitching for MICE business from India.

http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=local/sri....uKf8ITEZ.dpuf
                        Is it good idea SriLankan expanding more flights to India? Which are the suitable indian destination should be added in UL/MJ network? I thought MJ should be expanding to secondary destionations in SAARC countries while UL focus on medim and long haul destinations i.e Toronto, Shenzhen etc..

Comment

• 4R-ALO is visible in this pic which was taken on 29 Jul

First flight msn204 29/7/2015

Comment

• SriLankan claims Rs. 114 m from Presidential Secretariat -

SriLankan Airlines has written to the Presidential Secretariat claiming nearly 114 million rupees accrued as expenses for Presidential voyages since 2011.

SriLankan Chairman Ajith Dias in a detailed letter has asked the Secretary to the President P.B.Abeykoon to settle a sum of one hundred and thirteen million, four hundred and ninety four thousand and seven hundred and twenty four as expenses incurred for Presidential voyages during the last three years of the tenure of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.

Chairman Dias has given details of the expenses and the taxes levied separately.

The SriLankan invoice to the Presidential Secretariat had also included the charges for the charter flight hired by Rajapaksa to visit Tirupati on December 9 and 10, 2014.

Rajapaksa accompanied by UNP former General Secretary Tissa Attanayake visited the renowned Tirupati temple in South India less than a month before the January 2015 Presidential election.

The expenses incurred for the Tirupati flight which was largely considered as unofficial, amounts to nearly Rupees four million.

See more at: http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=local/sri....z1X0jZNk.dpuf

Comment

• Any news regarding a new CEO for SriLankan?

Comment

Is it good idea SriLankan expanding more flights to India? Which are the suitable indian destination should be added in UL/MJ network? I thought MJ should be expanding to secondary destionations in SAARC countries while UL focus on medim and long haul destinations i.e Toronto, Shenzhen etc..
                                Gayan Peiris, Manager SriLankan Holidays and part of Airlines, told Business Line the airliner currently operates 86 flights to seven destinations in India. The number was higher at about 100 flights per week earlier. Due to business reasons, it was brought down. Now it is proposed to add more connections. The Chennai market is connected with 26 flights per week.

As a part of boosting the tourist traffic flow into Sri Lanka, the airliner is looking at several new destinations, including Vishakhapatnam, Chandigarh and Hyderabad.

Peiris said that the Airlines works closely with the Bureau offering tailor made incentive trips for MICE executives.

Latest news on economy, inflation, micro economy, macro economy, government, policy, government spending, fiscal deficit, trade, trade agreement, tax, policy, indian economy, global economy, exports.

Comment

Working...
                                X