This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
    And seriously, what is wrong with that ??
    There is nothing wrong with that

I mentioned all that to counter the argument that while EK was managing UL, they poached staff.

I have always been a vocal proponent of the EK's management of UL, because that really was the golden era of UL as we know it. Not only were they profitable, they were a genuinely good airline to fly as well. I used to fly them several times a month between DXB-KWI those days.

Since the unfortunate incident that lead to the firing of Peter Hill and EK abandoning UL, they have fallen off the cliff and never recovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
      This is correct. As soon as the moratorium was lifted the talent left UL en-mass, mostly to join EK.

There were also allegations that EK actively poached some of the best talent.
      Very few Pilots joined Emirates - those that left mostly joined Etihad with a few going to Qatar and Air Arabia.
      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Rumour has Cathay Pacific starts daily nonstop flights to Colombo from Winter 2015. Some one please confirm if it's true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          Rumour has Cathay Pacific starts daily nonstop flights to Colombo from Winter 2015. Some one please confirm if it's true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
            Rumour has Cathay Pacific starts daily nonstop flights to Colombo from Winter 2015. Some one please confirm if it's true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chanaka93 View Post
              Daily nonstop flights from Colombo to Hong Kong
              It's a wonderful news!! But several months ago i heard that CX is not doing well at CMB due to poor PLF and yield especially on those nonstop flights. It's making me surprise how come CX now decided to increase the frequency of nonstop flights to CMB. Does this mean CX is now doing well on the CMB route ?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                It's a wonderful news!! But several months ago i heard that CX is not doing well at CMB due to poor PLF and yield especially on those nonstop flights. It's making me surprise how come CX now decided to increase the frequency of nonstop flights to CMB. Does this mean CX is now doing well on the CMB route ?
                Air cargo to HK makes a lot of money

As recent as last month, there was promo for air cargo CMB-HKG- by CX

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                  Air cargo to HK makes a lot of money

As recent as last month, there was promo for air cargo CMB-HKG- by CX
                  That makes a lot of sense. CX currently operates a twise a weekly freighter service on CMB-HKG onboard B744F to transport the garments and perishable products bound for North America and Asia markets. But with an initiation of daily nonstop CX flights on CMB-HKG route those CX freighter services will be fully cancelled from CMB in W15. I believe CX will carry those garments and perishables in the belly cargo of the A333.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                    So are were returning 4R-ADG ? thought ADE & ADF to go 1st?
                    Yes, 4R-ADG already been withdrawn from service in end of June, 4R-ADE will be withdrawn in October and 4R-ADF will be flying the last revenue flight to Doha in November.

Hi Rahalroxz, Rumour has UL has plans to retire one A332 in December but not sure about the reg? So end of this year UL will have the pretty young fleet like 6 X A320, 2 X A321, 6 X A332, 7 X A333 :-)

Comment

• Banu,

So have they returned all three A340 - 311 (4R-ADA/B/C) already?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        Yes, 4R-ADG already been withdrawn from service in end of June, 4R-ADE will be withdrawn in October and 4R-ADF will be flying the last revenue flight to Doha in November.

Hi Rahalroxz, Rumour has UL has plans to retire one A332 in December but not sure about the reg? So end of this year UL will have the pretty young fleet like 6 X A320, 2 X A321, 6 X A332, 7 X A333 :-)
                        I guess 4R-ALG will be first on the line to be retired with the only different J Class from other aircrafts and not at all being refurbished as of now.

Comment

• China Eastern Airlines starting late-September 2015 is launching its 2nd nonstop route to Sri Lanka, as the Skyteam member plans 4 weekly Shanghai Pu Dong – Colombo route. First flight is scheduled to depart Shanghai on 22SEP15, using Airbus A330-200 aircraft.

MU231 PVG1410 – 1900CMB 332 x357
                          MU232 CMB2020 – 0600+1PVG 332 x357

Currently operational schedule is listed until 24OCT15 inclusive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                            Banu,

So have they returned all three A340 - 311 (4R-ADA/B/C) already?
                            Yes Cayman, 4R-ADB and 4R-ADC were sent to scrap yard in SFB last month. This already been discussed in the forum so you can find some info in our earlier posts. But 4R-ADA still parked in Colombo hangar for lease return checks. I think lease return check for this bird will take some more time due to it's tail strike incident and the accident it had during the maintenance in the past.

Hi Umedha, Do you have any latest update on 4R-ADA ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chanaka93 View Post
                              China Eastern Airlines starting late-September 2015 is launching its 2nd nonstop route to Sri Lanka, as the Skyteam member plans 4 weekly Shanghai Pu Dong – Colombo route. First flight is scheduled to depart Shanghai on 22SEP15, using Airbus A330-200 aircraft.

MU231 PVG1410 – 1900CMB 332 x357
                              MU232 CMB2020 – 0600+1PVG 332 x357

Currently operational schedule is listed until 24OCT15 inclusive.
                              Why the schedule is currently loaded until 24 Oct 2015? Is it seasonal flight ?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalairliners View Post
                                Yes not unusual to have interiors and then fly.

1650 flew today (21st) so would think mid August a more likely delivery date if not delayed by French holidays.
                                1669 was seen 15th July on flight line at TLS , the person who saw it does not comment that the tail was painted.

1668 F-WWCC Hong Kong Airlines, primer/tail painted
                                1669 F-WWCO SriLankan Airlines, primer
                                1671 F-WWTJ Garuda Indonesia, primer/tail painted
                                4R-ALO flew the first test flight on the 21-Jul-2015 then it flew the one of the acceptance flight on the 24-Jul-2015. Looking forward to see this baby in Sri Lanka.

Comment

Working...
                                X