This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air China from 27OCT15 will launch its 2nd route to Sri Lanka,
    Why do so many flights fly in China-Sri Lanka when very large number of Sri Lankan disappora live in Europe, Canada and Australia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
      Why do so many flights fly in China-Sri Lanka when very large number of Sri Lankan disappora live in Europe, Canada and Australia?
      Due to chinese people are getting richer and richer so they start to travel.... which European did in 80s

Comment

• Watch this video

Is it true ?????

The Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport has opened its doors to the world. This new and unique international hub promises to spearhead and facilitate the...

Comment

In tourist arrival (Sri lanka) now China is no.2 and its increasing also chines use cmb as transit hub to Male as well as Europe so there lots of Chinese at cmb

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalairliners View Post
            Here is a better picture banuthev. Still needs engines so it will not be flying yet.

F-WWYO / 4R-ALO Airbus A330-300 msn 1650 SriLankan Airlines
            by DigitalAirliners.com, on Flickr

No photos but msn 1669 was being joined together earlier this week.
            Any one has any latest info about 4R-ALO?

Comment

No more information at present, the plane was not outside on the 5th July.

Comment

I think 4R-ALO was off to engine fitting around 22-June-2015. How many days does take to fit the engines on an A330?

Comment

Here is a better picture banuthev. Still needs engines so it will not be flying yet.

F-WWYO / 4R-ALO Airbus A330-300 msn 1650 SriLankan Airlines
                  by DigitalAirliners.com, on Flickr

No photos but msn 1669 was being joined together earlier this week.
                  Originally posted by digitalairliners View Post
                  Hi Digitalairliners, I am quite surprised why 4R-ALO was still inside the production hall on 5th July because this aircraft supposed to be delivered to Colombo by the end of this July. May be since 22nd June, 4R-ALO was getting the engines and the interiors/seats. Still no sign of first test flight of 4R-ALO. Is it normal aircraft does the first test flight after receiving the interiors? any update on msn1650 & 1669?

Comment

• Guess the name of SriLankan's 4R-ALO ?

City of ???????????

pic source : digitalairliners
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      I think 4R-ALO was off to engine fitting around 22-June-2015. How many days does take to fit the engines on an A330??
                      Hello,

If enough technical staff and equipment there it would only take 12 hours or less to fit one engine.... We can compensate for everything and give them 2 days for both because there are numerous associated systems depending on engines. Such as engine driven hydraulics, pneumatics and bleed air etc.
                      however these staff must be very experienced in fitting engines as a routine so i can say it will not take more than 2 days ... But there can be waiting times in ques

Cheers

Comment

Can someone tell me the date it'll arrive to Sri Lanka

Comment

• Originally posted by vihan-perara View Post
                          Can someone tell me the date it'll arrive to Sri Lanka
                          Oh yeah and I heard that ALO will be touching SriLankan soil by the end of this month or the first week of August. Probably on the 1st but I'm not precisely sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moderator View Post
                            Guess the name of SriLankan's 4R-ALO ?

City of ???????????

Something starts with " S r i " I guess . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Moderator View Post
                              Guess the name of SriLankan's 4R-ALO ?

City of ???????????

Mahanuwara. A wild guess

Comment

• Any news about 4R-ADA? Has she already left CMB?

Comment

Working...
                                X