This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalairliners View Post
    Here is a better picture banuthev. Still needs engines so it will not be flying yet.

F-WWYO / 4R-ALO Airbus A330-300 msn 1650 SriLankan Airlines

F-WWYO / 4R-ALO Airbus A330-300 msn 1650 SriLankan Airlines[/url] by DigitalAirliners.com, on Flickr

No photos but msn 1669 was being joined together earlier this week.
    Why is 4R-ALO fully painted before engines are fixed? I have seen A330/A380s doing the test flight with out a paint scheme. May be they are not fully confident of the airframe till they complete the test flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      ET was planning ADD-BOM-CMB few years ago. But I am sure ET is looking at major expansion with their B787 order. Do you think ET could successfully fly CMB route via Gulf or India ? May be ET can fly KUL or SIN with a stop over in CMB?
      I think ET already flies over 13+ B787s. I would prefer ADD nonstop CMB...I think this route would be profitable...It would open up East Africa to Colombo. ET would give another window for North American/European travellers to CMB

Comment

A6-EDM is still parked in Colombo according to flight radar24.
        RAT is clearly visible deployed here
        any update about A6-EDM

Comment

• Originally posted by 88gee View Post
          any update about A6-EDM
          I heard it will arrive dubai on sunday at 02.00L after a delay of 44 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I heard it will arrive dubai on sunday at 02.00L after a delay of 44 hours
            seems A6-EDM is qt often with technical issues

Comment

• Helitours, the Air Force’s domestic air service, has been ferrying passengers to and from Jaffna in an aircraft with an expired Certificate of Airworthiness

...The company’s MA60 aircraft were initially issued Certificates of Airworthiness by the CAA. “They have been operating and we had been renewing it (certificate) but when we see reports saying this aircraft was not certified by international safety authorities, we have to reconsider whether our process was right,” Mr Nimalsiri said.
              Really so all this year SLAF and CAA has been allowed to operate this aircraft without (proper paperwork) safety certificate from European Aviation Safety Agency or the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)...so who purchased this aircraft???

Comment

• Since it opened two years ago, much was done to make Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport viable. Little or nothing has worked. Incentives have included

...The foremost recommendation made by IATA was that, if Sri Lanka were to be a hub, it needed a second, well-spaced runway at BIA...
                Voila I have been saying the same...feels vindicated...I like to see the MRIA supporters commenting on the above news article

eyeopener for me on the above article was; I never knew the runway was perpendicular to wind direction i.e. X/Wind...so we are putting aircrafts on a dangerous situation.

MRIA is nothing more than politician's dream...but unfortunately there are more gullible people in Sri Lanka than I expected.

Comment

• Even the devas could not stop this self-acclaimed kingmaker to those from different political hues at different times from enjoying the real taste of paradise,

Even the devas could not stop this self-acclaimed kingmaker to those from different political hues at different times from enjoying the real taste of paradise, not when every bit of it came free. The SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330 flight (UL 423) had taken off from Hong Kong’s Chek Lap Kok island airport, when he, imbibing too much into the old English tradition, called for a Whisky and Soda. So it was Black Label. He had knocked off quite a few by the time the aircraft touched down at Bangkok’s Swarnabhoomi airport.

As the aircraft was wheels up again and headed for Colombo, the man of many parts decided it was time for some choice wine. So he ordered one glass after another. It was mealtime and he helped himself liberally to some spicy food.And soon, he had reclined his seat flat and was fast asleep, snoring away. The aircraft had by now reached the Sri Lanka Flight Information Region (FIR). It was an hour away from touch down at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) when an officer realised he should make a courtesy visit to seat 1 A. That was to mark his presence with this lordly VIP.

Embarrassed by what he saw – a half-finished glass of red wine on the armrest and curry smeared all over the white serviette still stuck to his neck collar — he questioned a member of the cabin crew. He asked why they had not been removed.

A somewhat embarrassed steward replied, “Sir, he was in a bad mood. He wanted to know how many Chinese were among the 200 passengers flying to Colombo.” The poor guy did not know and had been reprimanded for not having the information at his fingertips. Our freebie VIP did not realise that cabin stewards were not expected to know the nationalities of passengers. As a SriLankan official said later “If he asked that during a British Airways flight, he would have been told to go ask their Border Security.”

That drew the attention of others nearby. “Who is he?” asked one. Another replied “he is on board.” What he meant to say was not the fact that the snoring lord was among the passengers on board. This time, he corrected himself and said “board member”. Which board asked another Business Class passenger? There was no answer. An official later remarked, they were all busier earning air miles than worrying about the turbulent weather their high-flying organisation has got into.
                  So who is this Jackass???

Comment

seems A6-EDM is qt often with technical issues
                    http://www.theeksource.com/tag/a6-edm/
                    Is it true A6-EDM had done emergency landing in Colombo in the past ? i think in 2012 if i am not mistaken

Comment

any update about A6-EDM
                      It seems to be a major problem than smoke in the cockpit

Comment

It seems to be a major problem than smoke in the cockpit
                        Is it still grounded in the apron in Colombo ? any update?

Comment

Is it still grounded in the apron in Colombo ? any update?
                          yes, it's still grounded. I saw some article mention that un-attempted RAT deployment and they also checked RAT in BIA. But I don't know exact connection between smoke and RAT, I think maybe crew shutdown electrical system after smoke detection that's why RAT was deployed
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 28-06-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

yes, it's still grounded. I saw some article mention that un-attempted RAT deployment and they also checked RAT in BIA. But I don't know exact connection between smoke and RAT, I think maybe crew shutdown electrical system after smoke detection that's why RAT was deployed
                            Did Emirates operate any special EK flight to transport the stranded pax of EK413 from Colombo to Dubai?

Comment

Did Emirates operate any special EK flight to transport the stranded pax of EK413 from Colombo to Dubai?
                              I dont know much about that. But according to Fr24 there were no any special flight. But scheduled flights got delayed maybe they took pax of ek413

I saw some article mention that un-attempted RAT deployment and they also checked RAT in BIA. But I don't know exact connection between smoke and RAT, I think maybe crew shutdown electrical system after smoke detection that's why RAT was deployed

Comment

• Found this in the bottom part of this article

"Rajitha Senaratne, Cabinet spokesperson, said the Cabinet had also decided to expedite negotiations on free trade agreements with European Union, United States, India, China and Singapore. Besides, it granted the approval for a “comprehensive restructuring plan” of the Sri Lankan Airlines and the amalgamation of Mihin Lanka, he added"

Comment

Working...
                                X