This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
    oh that's bad. any idea about the rego of the A332? only 193 pax were on board? that's too less for an A332.
    About 70% occupancy

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines UL 564 Turbulence Report

Sri Lankan Airlines UL 564 Turbulence Report

Footage courtesy of Newsfirst Sri Lanka. A SriLankan Airlines plane flying from Paris to the Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake on18th June 2015 ...

Comment

• SriLankan A332 near Colombo on Jun 18th 2015, turbulence injures 4 cabin crew

Discover all inside details about what happened during airplane incident SriLankan A332 near Colombo on Jun 18th 2015, turbulence injures 4 cabin crew

A SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-200, registration 4R-ALC performing flight UL-564 (dep Jun 17th) from Paris Charles de Gaulle (France) to Colombo (Sri Lanka) with 193 passengers and 16 crew, was enroute at FL370 about 280nm northwest of Colombo about to enter Sri Lankan Airspace when the aircraft encountered turbulence causing injuries to a number of cabin crew. The aircraft continued to Colombo for a safe landing about 45 minutes later. Five flight attendants were taken to a hospital.

The airline reported four of the five flight attendants received minor injuries, one was checked and discharged.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
          All 3 have been retired from the fleet in April. Paint removed. All 3 were parked in VCBI till may. I have been told that ADA and ADB flew away to an unknown destination. Furthermore 1of the 3 birds will go to another airline. Presumably ADC.
          I think 4R-ADA & 4R-ADB are still in Colombo. any idea about rego of the A340 in white livery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
            I think 4R-ADA & 4R-ADB are still in Colombo. any idea about rego of the A340 in white livery?

http://www.atapattu.net/Airlines/SriLankan/
            4R-ADC already left VCBI. It could be either 4R-ADA or 4R-ADB.
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
              Sri Lankan Airlines UL 564 Turbulence Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=_tCcwbORgKE
              Janaka doesn't look too comfortable!

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Gives the approximate location. Does not correspond with the details given by Janaka.
              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/digita...s/18853840022/4R-ALO tail near TAM A350 MSN 024 found in Flickr.

Comment

• Originally posted by xyzpoosa View Post
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/digita...s/18853840022/4R-ALO tail near TAM A350 MSN 024 found in Flickr.

Hi Digitalairliner, Thanks for the picture ! It looks like 4R-ALO already been painted in TLS if i am not mistaken ? Any idea when is the test flight?

Comment

• FR24 showing Ethiopian 767 ET-AMG leaving CMB short while ago. Also that JAL 777 from Entebbe to Japan with stop over in CMB.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                      FR24 showing Ethiopian 767 ET-AMG leaving CMB short while ago. Also that JAL 777 from Entebbe to Japan with stop over in CMB.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

http://fr24.com/JAL8830/692adbe
                      Interesting developments here. Was the JAL 777 a charter? Cause I think the Japanese government has its own planes to take diplomats, the prime minister etc... and what about the Ethiopian one? Have no idea about that. I wonder if JAL will eventually start a route to CMB. It seems like there are a fair number of Japanese tourists visiting SL and the Maldives. If they added MLE to that they could surely fill their planes while at the same time making competition with Korean Air.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
                        Interesting developments here. Was the JAL 777 a charter? Cause I think the Japanese government has its own planes to take diplomats, the prime minister etc... and what about the Ethiopian one? Have no idea about that. I wonder if JAL will eventually start a route to CMB. It seems like there are a fair number of Japanese tourists visiting SL and the Maldives. If they added MLE to that they could surely fill their planes while at the same time making competition with Korean Air.
                        Wow! any pics of ethiopian & jal from colombo?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                          Hi Digitalairliner, Thanks for the picture ! It looks like 4R-ALO already been painted in TLS if i am not mistaken ? Any idea when is the test flight?
                          Here is a better picture banuthev. Still needs engines so it will not be flying yet.

F-WWYO / 4R-ALO Airbus A330-300 msn 1650 SriLankan Airlines
                          by DigitalAirliners.com, on Flickr

No photos but msn 1669 was being joined together earlier this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            4R-ADC already left VCBI. It could be either 4R-ADA or 4R-ADB.
                            4R-ADB is enroute to unknown destination as UL 5050 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                              4R-ADB is enroute to unknown destination as UL 5050 now.
                              2015-06-20 UL5050 Colombo (CMB) Karachi (KHI) - 04:21 - Landed 07:13
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Sri Lanka to adopt Open Skies policy

Aviation Deputy Minister Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena yesterday said the government had decided to adopt full Open Skies policy as regards the countries with which Sri Lanka had bilateral air services agreement.

The deputy minister, the Mattala Airport, yesterday said thus some 20 countries which had air services agreement with Sri Lanka could use the Mattala Rajapaksa Airport anytime, while plans were underway to tap more countries through 50 bilateral agreements.

Yapa also said that the government had already given the nod for the Open Skies policy for commercial aircraft operating to and out of Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, since last month.

The MRIA located in the Southern Province, had a code 4-F runway of 3400 metres in length which was capable of accommodating Airbus A380 aircraft, the Deputy Minister said.

Abeywardena also said that shortly he would present a Cabinet paper to bring down the embarkation tax from USD 25 to USD 10. He also would recommend the duty free allowance to be increased.

Comment

Working...
                                X