Sri Lanka Aviation

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 466 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 9301
    Quote Originally Posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    What are the engines; CFM or PW?
    It has to be CFM Leap engines. Components are very similar to CFM56-5B engines.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
    It has to be CFM Leap engines. Components are very similar to CFM56-5B engines.
    I was under the impression that the LEAP was actually based on the GEnx. If that is the case commonality would be out the door and PW has an equal chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheF15Ace View Post
    I was under the impression that the LEAP was actually based on the GEnx. If that is the case commonality would be out the door and PW has an equal chance.
    Might be the case of engine commonality and familiarity for UL. The initial 320s were all CFM, whereas the widebodies were all RR (I might be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    Might be the case of engine commonality and familiarity for UL. The initial 320s were all CFM, whereas the widebodies were all RR (I might be wrong).
    I believe that was the case (except for the A340s which had CFM-56s). As of now though the NB fleet is a mixed bag with 5 A320s having CFM56, while 1 A320 + 2 A321s have IAE V2500.

UL also has a lot of experience with IAE V2500 since we do maintenance for Indigo. I expect UL will have PW1000G maintenance capabilities irregardless of this order, to continue work with Indigo once their A320NEOs require scheduled maintenance checks.

Thought someone said UL will be getting a mixed fleet of A320NEO and A321NEOs and that the 320s had CFM engines and the 321s had P&W engines. May have heard wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    Thought someone said UL will be getting a mixed fleet of A320NEO and A321NEOs and that the 320s had CFM engines and the 321s had P&W engines. May have heard wrong though.
    I was wondering the same.

But it looks like the six A320neos part of the lease contract were signed previously for two A320neo for Mihin and four A321neo for SriLankan. The current gov may have decided to go with A320neo instead of A321neo which may take some more time for EIS.

Again

Very soon insurance rates are going to go up

http://dailynews.lk/2016/10/07/local/95244

SriLankan's A320neo operations are set to begin on February 1, 2017 with daily services from Colombo Int'l to each of Kuala Lumpur Int'l and Abu Dhabi Int'l.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...e_title=153307

-Flights to SEZ will increase
    -Wide-bodies will be deployed on the DAC route (most likely A332s)
    -Long term dry lease will be negotiated with PIA for 3 A333s after the wet lease ends

Quote Originally Posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    -Long term dry lease will be negotiated with PIA for 3 A333s after the wet lease ends
    I thought PIA will be using their new 787s for premier service once they start arriving in 2017

I thought PIA will be using their new 787s for premier service once they start arriving in 2017
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 A333s return back to SriLankan under a new owner who will know how to properly utilise the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 A333s return back to SriLankan under a new owner who will know how to properly utilise the aircraft.
    True. Could be very useful if capacity or flight frequencies are increased to China, Southeast asia and Middle east

Blog Entries

I highly doubt that PIA will extend the Lease agreement with UL.

Blog Entries
    Agreed!
    Currently UL has around 10 A330's (If i'm not mistaken) to use on Long-Haul routes such as China and the Middle East and it would be practical if the New Owners Recover the Leased A330-300's from PIA since they are in pretty much a sad state lacking maintenance.

I feel that Sri Lankan may be given a couple of aircraft from its New Parent Company as well Similar to how Singapore Airlines 777's where given to Scoot which proved to be a very practical decision

Imagine if we were still with Emirates! UL would have been having a fare share amount of 777's operating under them.
    A wasted opportunity

Well said and totally agreed. EK has a few 773 and 77H with fairly enough cycles left. Like you said if UL were still managed by EK we would have got a good chance of operating them. 777-300ER the benchmark for a widebody twin-jet, unfortunately a very sorry state of affairs, bad arrogance, and corrupt politics have destroyed all hopes of all local aviation enthusiasts and placed the burden of debt on the tax payers head.

You will need to disable adblocker software to read this article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshep.../#5b22508115df

I guess even Forbes isn't buying Ajith Dias and his BS. Videos are just more "Big Talk" imho.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/161009/new...-2-211954.html

No surprises here - the "Game of Shape" continues with no justice for those of us who are victims of Abuse of Power.

For the record - I have submitted signed letters, e-mails and a detailed timeline to the Weliamuna Commission - there's more than enough there.

Sorry guys - there's nothing here to be positive about.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Canada, Sri Lanka discuss fully-fledged Code Share Agreement

http://colombogazette.com/2016/10/09...are-agreement/

4R-MRF is not flying for last couple of days. Is it undergoing lease return checks or being painted in SriLankan livery ?

4R-ALH in DAC. Flying as MJ501/502 | Source: Bangladesh Aviation Hub