This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    I can see 4R-ADC is now flying towards western europe via Karachi. What's going to happen to this aircraft?

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...r-adc/#67eb063
    Ferried 10-11 Jun-15 CMB-KHI-PWM-SFB for part-out & scrap.............

By next month..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
      4R-ADC being ferried 10-11jun15 CMB-KHI-PWM-SFB for part-out & scrap
      Can A343 fly directly from KHI to PWM?

Comment

Will she be flown by UL Pilots or Ferry Pilots??
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Thought its ADB? as it had more cycles?? Sad!!! frown emoticon after 20+ years of service.. RIP!!!!
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Will 4R-ADC have stopover between KHI and PWM ? I think it landed at PSM after the departure from KHI.

Comment

Will 4R-ADC have stopover between KHI and PWM ? I think it landed at PSM after the departure from KHI.
              yep, nonstop KHI-PSM (not PWM) enroute time 14:24!

Chris

Comment

yep, nonstop KHI-PSM (not PWM) enroute time 14:24!

Chris
                Ex-SriLankan A340 , 4R-ADC is now in Portsmouth Airport, USA. I think this picture was taken yesterday after arrival from Colombo via Karachi. Sad site

source : flightaware

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                  Will she be flown by UL Pilots or Ferry Pilots??
                  Hi Haleef - Do you know the answer for above question by umedha? Are 4R-ADA & 4R-ADB still in Colombo? Were there any ceremony for the retirement of first A340? more pictures of 4R-ADC are going to be posted on our forum in a few days time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                    Can A343 fly directly from KHI to PWM?
                    I've ferried an A340 14:00 non stop.

With full tanks it will fly 16:00 easily.
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Hi Haleef - Do you know know the answer for above question by umedha? Are 4R-ADA & 4R-ADB still in Colombo? Were there any ceremony for the retirement of first A340? more pictures of 4R-ADC are going to be posted on our forum in a few days time.
                      Hi! I have no idea of whether it was flown by UL pilots or Ferry pilots.. Yes ADA - Inside the B747 Hangar and ADB (I think it has gone) are still in Colombo. No, I didn't see any ceremony for the retirement of the First Airbus 340..
                      Haleef Ismail
                      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                        Hi! I have no idea of whether it was flown by UL pilots or Ferry pilots.. Yes ADA - Inside the B747 Hangar and ADB (I think it has gone) are still in Colombo. No, I didn't see any ceremony for the retirement of the First Airbus 340..
                        Looks like 4R-ADC ended up in Bob Sikes Airport, Clearsview, FL.

Looks like it was ferried by this ferrying firm http://www.jettestandtransport.com/

BTW that picture looks very sad. Did UL gave it a "good bye"?

Comment

• Payed a bit extra to India last year just to fly on this magnificent bird: 4R-
                          ADC. This is the video of the trip-report on board ADC to MAA captured back in September 2014
                          An end of an era, hats off to a brilliant aircraft and a wonderful experience

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A340-300 [4R-ADC] flying as UL 121 on a daily routine flight to Chennai Anna International Airport.4R-ADC is one of the workhorses ...
                          -Aaqib Hussain
                          (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                          www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

I think next one go will be ADB.

Comment

When 4R-ADG , is still in the fleet , why did UL have to retire 4RADC ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                                When 4R-ADG , is still in the fleet , why did UL have to retire 4RADC ?
                                I think because 4R-ADC is older than ADG and it is around 20 years older..
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X