This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
    Sri Lankan Should operate daily flights to NRT.UL have already a stedy load in NRT-MLE sector.
    Few years back UL was planning to increase NRT frequency from 4 to 5 weekly. Not sure what happened to that? UL still operating 4 weekly on CMB-NRT sector .

Hi Haleef - I remember you flew several times to Japan onboard UL. How is the yield on the business class and Passenger load factor on the economy class for UL's CMB-NRT-CMB route.

Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    additional to that they should use 333 equipment to cater this sector.
    UL is using 3 out 4 weekly flights onboard A330-343E - http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul454/

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Few years back UL was planning to increase NRT frequency from 4 to 5 weekly. Not sure what happened to that? UL still operating 4 weekly on CMB-NRT sector .

Hi Haleef - I remember you flew several times to Japan onboard UL. How is the yield on the business class and Passenger load factor on the economy class for UL's CMB-NRT-CMB route.

UL is using 3 out 4 weekly flights onboard A330-343E - http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul454/
      Hi.. yes there is a good load factor, infact the flights are full when coming down from NRT. Going up not that much load, but yet it's almost full..
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
        FitsAir Has a daily flight to Jaffna while Helitours offers flights three times a week to Jaffna via. Trincomalee and one flight per week to Baticaloa....Not sure about the Cinnamon Air schedule though.
        Well, me for once, see HeliTours competing with the private sector as the best way to stifle competition. It's a matter of time before the private sector loses interest, unless they have 'privileges' ..

Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
        Personally i think budget carriers such as FlyScoot, AirAsia India and Malindo have a great opportunity to expand to South Asia even future by venturing into CMB
        This would definitely pave the way for tourist to visit Colombo also contributing to Lankan Budget travelers to get to points in South East Asia and Australia far more easily and at a cheaper rate

What'd do you guys think?

I feel the CMB-SIN route with immediate connections to other prime locations could be catered well by Scoot and also good competition to SG can be initiated by AirAsia India as currently fares to India (MAA,BOM,BLR) are similar to that of flying to KUL or SIN
        The Asean routes are real money spinners for LCCs, and I doubt they want to 'look west' at the near future

TR wound down their CMB op not due to pressure to move to HRI, but due to the profit margin being low, as the route is pretty much getting saturated by EK, UL and CX alone, not to mention the rock bottom prices MH has been pushing, even before the MH 370, as promotion to Malaysia.

Scoot will not look at CMB, again, it's a small market with too much fragmentation, and Scoot is not keen to tie up with others, as their strategy defined by SQ is not to dilute Full service traffic.

Comment

• CAA to consider open sky policy

In a bid to position Sri Lanka’s aviation industry as a prime catalyst to the growth of the national economy, the Government is now considering the implementation of an open sky policy, a senior official said.

A special committee appointed by the Aviation Services Minister will hold a meeting today to discuss the implementation of the policy and outline the focus areas going forward.

“We are now trying to open it up for international operations. After the initial meeting with the appointed committee today, we will have another meeting with the local stakeholders to consider their views before we formulate the policy,” CAA Director General Director General and Chief Executive Officer H.M.C. Nimalsiri told the Daily FT.

See more at: http://www.ft.lk/article/428487/CAA-....BF3MYJvS.dpuf

Comment

• 4R-ADE is back in service and its first flight is to Riyadh.

Comment

• JAL8839 Landed in CMB at around 2355 local time( As to flight radar).Its a 777-246ER with the one world livery.Any news on this flight?

It's Origine shows as Fukuoka.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                  JAL8839 Landed in CMB at around 2355 local time( As to flight radar).Its a 777-246ER with the one world livery.Any news on this flight?

It's Origine shows as Fukuoka.
                  JAL have been operating this charter flight on NRT-FUK-CMB-EBB route for a CONTRAIL project.

Comment

• Does any one know the current status of 4R-ADA, 4R-ADB & 4R-ADC. As far as i can tell they havn't flown since mid-March. Has it been retired? If yes, where is it parked?

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                      Does any one know the current status of 4R-ADA, 4R-ADB & 4R-ADC. As far as i can tell they havn't flown since mid-March. Has it been retired? If yes, where is it parked?
                      @AF777. All 3 have been retired from the fleet in April. Paint removed. All 3 were parked in VCBI till may. I have been told that ADA and ADB flew away to an unknown destination. Furthermore 1of the 3 birds will go to another airline. Presumably ADC.
                      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• http://www.flightradar24.com/JTN828/67e2b84
                        4R-ADC off to?

Comment

• Mihin Lanka relocates sales and ticketing office in Colombo

Mihin Lanka recently relocated its sales and ticketing office to a new central location in Colombo. The new office is located at No.15 A Alfred Place Colombo 3, in the same premises as Mihin Lanka's head office. The opening ceremony was attended by a gathering of distinguished guests and officials, as well as the senior management of Mihin Lanka.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiabike View Post
                            Date - 2015-06-10

From - Colombo (CMB)

To - Karachi (KHI)

Status - Landed 02:19
                            Last edited by Max; 11-06-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                              Date - 2015-06-10

From - Colombo (CMB)

To - Karachi (KHI)

Status - Landed 02:19
                              I can see 4R-ADC is now flying towards western europe via Karachi. What's going to happen to this aircraft?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                                I can see 4R-ADC is now flying towards western europe via Karachi. What's going to happen to this aircraft?

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...r-adc/#67eb063
                                4R-ADC being ferried 10-11jun15 CMB-KHI-PWM-SFB for part-out & scrap

Comment

Working...
                                X