This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
    @banuthev - Thanks a lot for sharing!! Well actually we where 95% Full on the CMB-IST Sector with many getting in at MLE too but sadly on the way back there where just 55 Passengers in the economy cabin (counted myself) with about 15 disembarking at MLE and eventually just 40 Making it to CMB!
    SriLanka Tourism should honestly do more in attracting more tourists from CMB as the way it looks the load factors in-bound are really poor.
    Turkey is looking to boost the bilateral trade volume between the two countries and also looking at increasing tourism between Sri Lanka and Turkey, according to the Turkish diplomat.

Mr. Okyay said that Turkish Airline is also looking at introducing two direct flights to Sri Lanka from mid this year.Currently, Turkish Airlines operatesfrom Istanbul to other destinations. At present,Turkish Airlines operates to Colombo with a stopover in the Maldives.

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
      Sad site! Btw Why your TK flight didn't used the airbridge?
      AF777- I know i too was pretty surprised as we didnt use it both ways to and from CMB
      -Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
        Where's the Centre wheel?
        Yeah..pretty strange
        -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          Turkey is looking to boost the bilateral trade volume between the two countries and also looking at increasing tourism between Sri Lanka and Turkey, according to the Turkish diplomat.

Mr. Okyay said that Turkish Airline is also looking at introducing two direct flights to Sri Lanka from mid this year.Currently, Turkish Airlines operatesfrom Istanbul to other destinations. At present,Turkish Airlines operates to Colombo with a stopover in the Maldives.

http://www.news.lk/news/sri-lanka/it...isit-sri-lanka
          A good move.. TK flies into a lot of non focus/smaller cities in Europe.. opens a lot of stations from CMB. However, IST airport is a nightmare

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
            AF777- I know i too was pretty surprised as we didnt use it both ways to and from CMB
            Because it has a long stayover in CMB

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
              ... However, IST airport is a nightmare
              May I ask why?

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines Anuradhapura office opens today

SriLankan Airlines in a bid to increase its presence in all parts of the country opens its latest passenger sales office in Anuradhapura, today.The Anuradhapura office is the ninth officially declared Passenger Sales Agency (PSA) office of the airline, bringing all sales related services, directly to the people of the city.

Comment

• Airbus has rolled out the first A320neo to be fitted with the CFM International Leap-1A powerplant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                    May I ask why?
                    Transiting through IST is complete chaos.

Old Infrastructure that has not been maintained or upgraded.

Long waits to get through security screening.

The airport is not capable of handling the levels of traffic they currently have. There is a shortage of aerobridges so it's common to travel by bus to your aircraft. They are also short of parking space so some aircraft are parked on the maintenance aprons.

Unfortunately I will be dealing with this again for the next 6 months.
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines finalized agreement to lease four A321neos, two on lease from AerCap (Netherlands) and two on lease from Air Lease (US).

Airbus A320neo stages first flight with CFM engine

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                        Transiting through IST is complete chaos.

Old Infrastructure that has not been maintained or upgraded.

Long waits to get through security screening.

The airport is not capable of handling the levels of traffic they currently have. There is a shortage of aerobridges so it's common to travel by bus to your aircraft. They are also short of parking space so some aircraft are parked on the maintenance aprons.

Unfortunately I will be dealing with this again for the next 6 months.
                        In my case it wasn't that Chaotic but as it was a quick transfer they checked us in through the vacant business class counter.Its great once you get familiar with the place.However a bit of maintainance would do wonders
                        -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakith View Post
                          All 320 aircrafts which we having 20/120 will be reconfigured to 16/120
                          SriLankan A320 4R-ABN is not in service last couple of weeks. Is it getting reconfiguration?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                            SriLankan A320 4R-ABN is not in service last couple of weeks. Is it getting reconfiguration?
                            cabin reconfig

In hangar, Release on day after tomarrow (souce: vishwa)

Comment

• Iran-based Mahan Air has added nine used Airbus aircrafts to its fleet as part of modernization plans.

They recently added six A340-600, one A340-300 & one A321.

Any possibility about Mahan Air getting SriLankan Airlines A340-300 aircrafts?

Comment

• Banuthev, contact me via Flickr with regard to photos of 4R-ALO which is currently in short term storage at TLS. It has been parked here for a couple of weeks without engines.

Airbus Flightline by DigitalAirliners.com, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X