This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Sri Lankan government team in special discussions with Emirates Chairman Tim Clark in Dubai

A group of high officials from Sri Lanka’s civil aviation sector met Emirates Airline’s incumbent Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tim Clark in Dubai recently for consultations to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries, said very reliable sources.

The main objective of this meeting was to draw up a policy to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries from Tim Clark who has wide experience in the airlines sector.

It is also learned that following these discussions Tim Clark has agreed to visit Colombo for further discussions on this issue.

Tim Clark was the Managing Director of SriLankan Airlines till 2008 when the national carrier was managed by Emirates Airlines.

He is a Graduate in Economics from the University of London.

While SriLankan, the national airlines recorded a huge loss of Rs. 29 billion during 2014, the losses incurred so far after the agreement with Emirates Airlines was cancelled in 2008 has been Rs. 122 billion.

However, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka’s annual report for 2014 states that though the revenue of SriLankan Airlines had grown by 5.5 per cent to Rs. 115.5 billion during last year (2014), its expenditure had grown more to Rs. 144.4 billion.

http://www.adaderana.lk/bizenglish/e...lark-in-dubai/
    EK getting involved in UL in any form is the best thing that could happen to it.

The fact that TC has agreed to visit CMB is a very positive sign. He will not spend time to travel to CMB at a time when he is fully consumed by the battle with US3 and his willingness indicates to 'something brewing'.

If I am to hazard a guess EK could be interested in utilizing UL's landing rights in the US, like they used to when UL was part of EK. It is naive to even contemplate that a visionary like TC would not devise a back up plan if in fact the US/UAE open air bilateral gets pulled. UL and its status as a national carrier of a third country provides just the right solution for EK in such a post open-sky environment.

Comment

• Qr b787

Got this from FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Sali View Post
        Got this from FB
        Nice to see... QR has upped CMB significantly from the 3X A320 a day they had. Loads must be really healthy

Comment

• Looks like both CEO and CCO roles for UL have been advertised:

Nows your chance if anyone wants to apply for these roles! Will be interesting to see who they ultimately appoint to these roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
            When will the operational mess and financial mess conspiracy end for UL !!!!

Very Sad ! but I agree with you flylanka

Also SriLankan & Mihin Lanka aircraft fleet are under utilised. Our National carrier urgently need an assistance from the better international airline like QR , EK etc .. I wish the stupid politics stop involving in this aviation business of Sri Lanka. Gov should be interfere in Aviation only when the financial injection is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
              How is TK doing CMB flight...load factor, cargo etc...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWL1ShAJ0pw

source : aaqib/airlines747
              @aaqib - nice to see your trip report video which was filmed when you fly CMB-MLE onboard TK A333. Could you please tell me how is the load factor, service etc.. on TK's CMB flights?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                @aaqib - nice to see your trip report video which was filmed when you fly CMB-MLE onboard TK A333. Could you please tell me how is the load factor, service etc.. on TK's CMB flights?
                Hi.. also... Does TK have 5th freedom rights on CMB-MLE sector?

I know BA (had), KE has, EK has, but thought TK didnt?

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                  Hi.. also... Does TK have 5th freedom rights on CMB-MLE sector?

I know BA (had), KE has, EK has, but thought TK didnt?
                  @banuthev - Thanks a lot for sharing!! Well actually we where 95% Full on the CMB-IST Sector with many getting in at MLE too but sadly on the way back there where just 55 Passengers in the economy cabin (counted myself) with about 15 disembarking at MLE and eventually just 40 Making it to CMB!
                  SriLanka Tourism should honestly do more in attracting more tourists from CMB as the way it looks the load factors in-bound are really poor.

Overall the aircraft was well maintained, good seating and respectable legroom for a long-haul flight, service was great and the best compared to many carriers ive flown with however, some of the meals where just average as both ways at least one meal out of the three served was inedible
                  I would fly with them again though.

@flylanka- Yes they do have authority to operate 5th freedom fights on the CMB-MLE-CMB Sector
                  -Aaqib Hussain
                  (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                  www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                    @banuthev - Thanks a lot for sharing!! Well actually we where 95% Full on the CMB-IST Sector with many getting in at MLE too but sadly on the way back there where just 55 Passengers in the economy cabin (counted myself) with about 15 disembarking at MLE and eventually just 40 Making it to CMB!
                    SriLanka Tourism should honestly do more in attracting more tourists from CMB as the way it looks the load factors in-bound are really poor.
                    How many flights Turkish current operate from colombo?

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                      How many flights Turkish current operate from colombo?
                      Currently they Operate 6 Flights a week to IST, all inbound and outbound via MLE
                      -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

Currently they Operate 6 Flights a week to IST, all inbound and outbound via MLE
                        This is true of flights from Male. When i flew a few times on UL, the outbound flights are always full, mostly Chinese tourists. But the flights back to CMB were almost half empty, except when the late night flights, when again lots of Chinese & East Asians are on the flight to connect to KUL, SIN, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                          This is true of flights from Male. When i flew a few times on UL, the outbound flights are always full, mostly Chinese tourists. But the flights back to CMB were almost half empty, except when the late night flights, when again lots of Chinese & East Asians are on the flight to connect to KUL, SIN, etc.
                          There where mostly holidaymakers to Maldives and also a few to SriLanka from the EU flying TK, surprisingly not many Chinese or Asians on-board...maybe due to the fact that TK's fares are quite expensive compared to other carriers
                          -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• 4R-ADB SriLankan Airlines Airbus A340-300 Spotted at CMB

4R-ADB Spotted onboard Turkish Airlines TK730 on the 10th of May 2015 at around 1415hrs

©AaqibHussain/Airlines747
                            -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

4R-ADB Spotted onboard Turkish Airlines TK730 on the 10th of May 2015 at around 1415hrs

Sad site! Btw Why your TK flight didn't used the airbridge?

Comment

Where's the Centre wheel?
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X