Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the latest around ADA, ADB & ADC? Have they left CMB?
    ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
      What's the latest around ADA, ADB & ADC? Have they left CMB?
      Hi all
      I spotted ADB on the 10th at CMB...its been stripped off its UL livery but its still here.I think I got a glimpse of another A343 I think that was ADC if I wasn't mistaken....I'll be uploading a few videos shortly you can spot them in it
      Stay tuned
      AH.Aviation is a Sri Lankan based Aviation Channel that brings to screen real, unbiased, and unfiltered Flight Reviews along with exclusive Aviation Content from our travels around the world We’re happy to have you here Aaqib & Khatija Hussain
      -Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
        What about name change for Mihin Lanka?

Fly Colombo - The friendly airline

All suggestions are welcome.............
        I agree that a name change would work as MJ already has a significantly horrible brand value and reputation, therefore a name change would be the best so that it can be operated similar to FlyScoot the budget subsidiary of SQ
        Names like FlyColombo and SriLankan Express could be ideal
        -Aaqib Hussain
        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          SriLankan's fourth brand new A330-343E, 4R-ALO (MSN 1650) has came out with a test registration F-WWYO after completing most of it's body-assembly. In TLS, it has now been parked without any engines, wearing just a primer in fuselage and SriLankan tail C/S.
          Super duper.... Will arrive in SL in July?

Comment

• The Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ) is a twin-engine regional jet aircraft seating 70–90 passengers manufactured by Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
              Super duper.... Will arrive in SL in July?
              As they previously planned, expected delivery of 4R-ALO in mid-July. @Skyliner - Could you please confirm this?

Comment

• Rakhita Jayawardena named as Sri Lankan Airlines Chief Executive Officer.

Is he good enough for this role? I thought UL will recruit someone with previous management-experience in Aviation.

SRI LANKA. In big breaking news, inflight retail pioneer Rakhita Jayawardena has been named as the new Director and Chief Executive Officer of Sri Lankan Airlines and its sister airline Mihin Lanka.

Speaking to The Moodie Report at the TFWA Asia Pacific Exhibition in Singapore today, Jayawardena said: “The Chairman and the board of directors of Sri Lankan Airlines recognised the depth of inflight experience I had and as a result asked if I would be willing to step in and help them through an important period of transition for the company.”

Jayawardena confirmed he has taken up the role, effective immediately, on a voluntary, unpaid basis. Speaking about the decision he said: “It was a very conscious decision, I wanted to instill in all members of Sri Lankan Airlines staff one clear mission – Red to Black, every single cent saved is a single cent earned and that begins with my example.”

Antares Cheng, Chairman of King Power Group (HK), who works closely with Jayawardena on the inflight retail company King Power Traveler, commented: "This is a tremendous honour for Rakhita. But, equally importantly, the manner in which he has taken up this role is a reflection of his wish to serve the country he loves at a time of need."

We'll bring you more details and comment soon. In the meantime you can hear Rakhita Jayawardena's reaction to the news by clicking on The Moodie Report Podcast icon on this page.

Comment

• Sri Lankan government team in special discussions with Emirates Chairman Tim Clark

http://www.adaderana.lk/bizenglish/e...lark-in-dubai/

A group of high officials from Sri Lanka’s civil aviation sector met Emirates Airline’s incumbent Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tim Clark in Dubai recently for consultations to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries, said very reliable sources.

The main objective of this meeting was to draw up a policy to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries from Tim Clark who has wide experience in the airlines sector.

It is also learned that following these discussions Tim Clark has agreed to visit Colombo for further discussions on this issue.

Tim Clark was the Managing Director of SriLankan Airlines till 2008 when the national carrier was managed by Emirates Airlines.

He is a Graduate in Economics from the University of London.

While SriLankan, the national airlines recorded a huge loss of Rs. 29 billion during 2014, the losses incurred so far after the agreement with Emirates Airlines was cancelled in 2008 has been Rs. 122 billion.

However, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka’s annual report for 2014 states that though the revenue of SriLankan Airlines had grown by 5.5 per cent to Rs. 115.5 billion during last year (2014), its expenditure had grown more to Rs. 144.4 billion.

Comment

Rakhita Jayawardena named as Sri Lankan Airlines Chief Executive Officer.

Is he good enough for this role? I thought UL will recruit someone with previous management-experience in Aviation.
                    This is a temporary role, as is mentioned in the interview.

Comment

• Who Owns Sri Lankan Airlines?

Government of Sri Lanka - 51.06%

Bank of Ceylon - 23.54%

People’s Bank - 8.23%

National Savings Bank - 8.23%

Employees Provident Fund - 3.62%

Others - 5.32%

Comment

Rakhita Jayawardena named as Sri Lankan Airlines Chief Executive Officer.

As Anthonylk says its a temporary role, and they are looking for a Full time CEO and Chief Commercial Officer to take over- he says ads have already been placed in this regard.

Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                        http://www.adaderana.lk/bizenglish/e...lark-in-dubai/

A group of high officials from Sri Lanka’s civil aviation sector met Emirates Airline’s incumbent Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tim Clark in Dubai recently for consultations to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries, said very reliable sources.

The main objective of this meeting was to draw up a policy to develop the island’s aviation services and its allied industries from Tim Clark who has wide experience in the airlines sector.

It is also learned that following these discussions Tim Clark has agreed to visit Colombo for further discussions on this issue.

Tim Clark was the Managing Director of SriLankan Airlines till 2008 when the national carrier was managed by Emirates Airlines.

While SriLankan, the national airlines recorded a huge loss of Rs. 29 billion during 2014, the losses incurred so far after the agreement with Emirates Airlines was cancelled in 2008 has been Rs. 122 billion.

However, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka’s annual report for 2014 states that though the revenue of SriLankan Airlines had grown by 5.5 per cent to Rs. 115.5 billion during last year (2014), its expenditure had grown more to Rs. 144.4 billion.
                        Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that room. I bet you they begged TC to get EK to buy back its old stake in UL. His reaction probably would've been two words starting with F and O.
                        Last edited by lordvader; 14-05-2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                          As Anthonylk says its a temporary role, and they are looking for a Full time CEO and Chief Commercial Officer to take over- he says ads have already been placed in this regard.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that room. I bet you they begged TC to get EK to buy back its old stake in UL. His reaction probably would've been two words starting with F and O.
                          EK unlikely to get UL shares again.........

Revenue of SriLankan Airlines had grown to Rs.115.5 billion during last year (2014),
                          its expenditure had grown more to Rs.144.4 billion.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            What's the latest around ADA, ADB & ADC? Have they left CMB?
                            ADC & ADB ready to leave.

srilankan-airlines-4r-alg-airbus-a-54690

Comment

• EXCLUSIVE: Sri Lankan government team in special discussions with Emirates Chairman Tim Clark in Dubai

Comment

• Originally posted by randeer View Post
                                ADC & ADB ready to leave.
                                I hope these atleast get a water cannon send off

Comment

Working...
                                X