Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a sad read this report is. The real tragedy is that all this could so easily have been avoided.

For those of you who have questioned my analysis of the financial situation at UL - start reading at page 111.

- Point 4 (c)
    - Point (ii) (b) on page 112

Doesn't get any clearer. Out of money and insolvent (Bankrupt).

Food for thought - This report represents 6 weeks investigation into very specific cases. Just imagine what a full audit of the Airline will turn up. This is the tip of the iceberg.

The security violations could be used to downgrade the Airline and ban them from the EU - I don't expect it will get to that point.

I can only see 2 ways forward :-

-Billions of Rupees more of public money wasted with no end in sight trying to keep this running. UL will never make money in its current form.

-Bankruptcy. Start a new Airline with the proper safeguards in place.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
      Our old forum member friend 'kflyer' is mentioned in page 27 !
      yes I did noticed. but did not want to expose him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        yes I did noticed. but did not want to expose him...
        Well, the report exposed him, not me

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
          Well, the report exposed him, not me
          I know...lol...I was also thinking in previous thread he mentioned UL board did not get a salary...well...Chairman was getting one and the board member CEO as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
            I know...lol...I was also thinking in previous thread he mentioned UL board did not get a salary...well...Chairman was getting one and the board member CEO as well
            Yes, I remember that one amongst the other excrement that he was spewing here!

Comment

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
              "Comment on content, not on the contributor. Personal attacks do not help make a point; they only hurt the Air Sri Lanka community and discouraging users from helping to create a good forum..."

Comment

• 4R-MRE is back into service from yesterday.

Comment

• No Activity on ADB and ADC

Hey guys why there is no activity on 4R-ADB and ADC on flightradar24? Have they already been taken off?
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                    Hey guys why there is no activity on 4R-ADB and ADC on flightradar24? Have they already been taken off?
                    Yes. 4R-ADB and 4R-ADC has been withdrawn from service since February. I suppose 4R-ADA has already been retired this week with 4R-ALN coming into service last week as a replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Bhutans PM visitng Sri Lanka

Does anyone know which SriLankan Airlines flight PM from Bhutan came on?
                      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
                        Yes. 4R-ADB and 4R-ADC has been withdrawn from service since February. I suppose 4R-ADA has already been retired this week with 4R-ALN coming into service last week as a replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                        Thanks for the update janhongladarom. Has anyone got most recent photos of ADB and ADC? Have they already been returned to the lessor? arifleets still shows they are under UL
                        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

Thanks for the update janhongladarom. Has anyone got most recent photos of ADB and ADC? Have they already been returned to the lessor? arifleets still shows they are under UL
                          ADC Withdrawn from Service image credit Isuru Pathirage

​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

No recent shots. Last time I saw ADB and ADC were in 2005 and 2010. Both in LHR and taken with a low quality camera.

Kind regards,
                            Yves

Kind Regards
                            Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              4R-ADC flew a test flight as UL8 on the 30-3-2015. Any idea when this aircraft going to go back to the lessor? any news on this?

Date From To Flight STD ATD STA Status
                              * All dates and times are in UTC timezone
                              2015-03-30 Colombo (CMB) Colombo (CMB) UL8 10:05 10:05 - Landed 10:29

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...r-adc/#5e0ba19
                              Many thanks for sharing the pictures of 4R-ADC but very sad one of my favourite aircraft is leaving the commercial service. 4R-ADC done the last test flight at CMB as UL8 after completed the end-of-lease inspections at the CMB Aircraft-Engineering Hangar on the 30/3/2015. Since 30/3/2015 it's been parked in the CMB tarmac (C25/C26 i guess) and I believe end of this month 4R-ADC will fly to Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées Airport in France for scrap and part out.

Is there any ceremony for the retirement of UL's three x A340-311s which were doing the great job for our national carrier for over 20 years. Has anybody had chance to fly on 4R-ADA, 4R-ADB or 4R-ADC in the past?

Any latest pictures of 4R-ADA, 4R-ADB or 4R-ADC from Colombo Airport? Do you know why 4R-ADA is not flying since 7-4-2015?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                                Many thanks for sharing the pictures of 4R-ADC but very sad one of my favourite aircraft is leaving the commercial service. 4R-ADC done the last test flight at CMB as UL8 after completed the end-of-lease inspections at the CMB Aircraft-Engineering Hangar on the 30/3/2015. Since 30/3/2015 it's been parked in the CMB tarmac (C25/C26 i guess) and I believe end of this month 4R-ADC will fly to Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées Airport in France for scrap and part out.

Is there any ceremony for the retirement of UL's three x A340-311s which were doing the great job for our national carrier for over 20 years. Has anybody had chance to fly on 4R-ADA, 4R-ADB or 4R-ADC in the past?
                                Yes I have flown all 3 while being AIRLANKA and SriLankan... So sad to see them leave... Main work horse in UL during mid 90s to early 2000s.
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

Working...
                                X