Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 477 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 9534
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Haleef, Any latest update on UL taking delivery of three A350s this year? Aren't they going to sub-leased them to another airline? I heard last week MSN60 was moved from parking stand to A380-site for rework. Is UL still going to sub-lease their three A333s to another airline.

According to ATDB, UL's first three A350s will be receiving the registration as below.

MSN52 - 4R-XWA
    MSN55 - 4R-XWB
    MSN60 - 4R-XWC

Can't wait to see them after paint work.
    Hi, dad says that many pilots are saying that we are getting A350s, and thst some of them have been going for training and the rest will go too. The crew's training will start probably this or the following month. That's all I could tell for now, but if I get more information, I will be pleased to update . The A333s, I thinl ALM, ALN & ALO might be subleased, but I cannot be sure as it is unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Hi, dad says that many pilots are saying that we are getting A350s, and thst some of them have been going for training and the rest will go too. The crew's training will start probably this or the following month. That's all I could tell for now, but if I get more information, I will be pleased to update . The A333s, I thinl ALM, ALN & ALO might be subleased, but I cannot be sure as it is unconfirmed.
    Thanks for the info Haleef; Do you know what is happening to our older birds (332s) are they being extended or retired?

https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...es-management/

"In the midst of these sheer difficult times faced by the airline, it is disheartening to note that Chairman Dias,CEO Ratwatte and CCO Ramacandran of the national carrier are behaving in this manner. This is similar to vultures or hyenas feasting on the carcass of a dead animal".
    Time to kick UL out of OneWorld imho - this Airline has become a complete joke!
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    Thanks for the info Haleef; Do you know what is happening to our older birds (332s) are they being extended or retired?
    Your welcome. I think the A332s will be retiring soon, but I think after the other new aircraft comes. Heard that we are also getting Airbus A321 (or 320) Neos/Ceos. Another news is that SriLankan is stopping Doha flights sadly. :/

Your welcome. I think the A332s will be retiring soon, but I think after the other new aircraft comes. Heard that we are also getting Airbus A321 (or 320) Neos/Ceos. Another news is that SriLankan is stopping Doha flights sadly. :/
    Very disappointed with UL's plan on cancelling flights to Doha. Any reason why UL wants cancel Doha? Is it not profitable route for UL? Don't they have expansion plans? I hear nothing but cutting the existing routes.

Very disappointed with UL's plan on cancelling flights to Doha. Any reason why UL wants cancel Doha? Is it not profitable route for UL? Don't they have expansion plans? I hear nothing but cutting the existing routes.
    Sad indeed. My father just came after his last flight from DOH.

Flight is generally full both ways with passengers and cargo is also fairly strong CMB-DOH. Maybe this new codeshare with Qatar Airways has something to do with it. Perhaps they agreed to fly the route exclusively with QR metal. Either way if this is true, it's pathetic that they are axing such a strong performing route.
    Last edited by TheF15Ace; 17-06-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheF15Ace View Post
    Actually the 3 A350s which UL will receive are being leased from ILFC. And even these 3 are constantly being offered to other airlines to be sub-leased but there have been no takers yet.
    MSN52 out of paint yesterday its all white ;(

Quote Originally Posted by AF777 View Post
    What do you mean? SriLankan isn't taking them?

Dear Haleef,

FYI UL will not gonna stop Doh route but they will stop cabin crew layover. There is no such news to stop DOH route and further we applied out winter 16/17 shedule to QCAA and awaiting approval.
    QR UL codeshare agreement for flights which qr operates to US and europe only. Since QATAR and Srilanka having a recipocal aggreement UL still can operate 3 flight to doha per day.

What about the tail?

Unhappy

As I heard UL is not going to stop DOH.they are planning to continue the UL 217 with a A320 /A321because Ek is going to operate DXB -DOH-CMB as i heard.So pax will have EK and QR both direct from DOH..
    and no layovers for the crew in Doha. No more funtimes at mercue Doha .

Quote Originally Posted by shehara343 View Post
    no layovers for the crew in Doha.
    The same crew will not operate the return flight, would they? I assume they will carry a relief crew to operate the return flight, thereby reducing the number of revenue seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    The same crew will not operate the return flight, would they? I assume they will carry a relief crew to operate the return flight, thereby reducing the number of revenue seats?
    I believe they will. Two four and a half hour sectors is not unheard of.

India unveils its new Civil Aviation Policy

Ministry of Civil Aviation, has finalized India's first integrated Civil Aviation Policy following a year-long consultative process.

India says it will pursue a policy of Open Skies, on a reciprocal basis, with members of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka - as well as countries over 5,000 kilometres from Delhi.

Here, unlimited frequencies, above those already specified under existing Air Service Agreements (ASA), will be allowed directly to and from major Indian international airports as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. Service to other airports will continue to be governed by existing ASAs until such time they are renegotiated.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/ne...viation-policy

Rumor is UL will not take the leased 350s also?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    Rumor is UL will not take the leased 350s also?
    Yes it's true. The SriLankan A350 deal is off. Airplane will be delivered in white livery to the lessor.

according to Wikipedia French the first Airbus A350 for srilankan airlines should be delivery in February 2017

MSN052 A350-941 F-WZFA 4R-SriLankan Airlines (1er) prévue 2017-02

MSN055 A350-941 F-WZFI 4R- SriLankan Airlines (2e) prévue 2017-03

MSN060 A350-941 F-WZFK 4R- SriLankan Airlines (3e) 2017

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...irbus_A350_XWB

Quote Originally Posted by kennny15 View Post
    according to Wikipedia French the first Airbus A350 for srilankan airlines should be delivery in February 2017

MSN052 A350-941 F-WZFA 4R-SriLankan Airlines (1er) prévue 2017-02

MSN055 A350-941 F-WZFI 4R- SriLankan Airlines (2e) prévue 2017-03

MSN060 A350-941 F-WZFK 4R- SriLankan Airlines (3e) 2017

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...irbus_A350_XWB
    Wikipedia information need to be validated...Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    Wikipedia information need to be validated...Source?
    No way UL getting A350.
    UL needs more narrowbody to expand, it does not need long-range planes like the A350.