• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    CPT Senanayake Renuke
    CPT Nadarajah Nandanakumar
    CPT Wijesinghe Sajith

are the proud captains bringing ALN to Colombo
    4R-ALN is heading her new home.. She will be replacing our first A340 - 4R-ADA It's sad to see our first A340 go from the UL fleet. Anyway looking forward to see the pictures of our brand new 4R-ALN from Colombo.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      4R-ALN is heading her new home.. She will be replacing our first A340 - 4R-ADA It's sad to see our first A340 go from the UL fleet. Anyway looking forward to see the pictures of our brand new 4R-ALN from Colombo.

Still no picture of ALN?
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Still no picture of ALN?
        4R-ALN got centre fuel tank?

Do we really need more A333s ? A333 is payload restricted on LHR & NRT routes. What a waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyline View Post

Do we really need more A333s ? A333 is payload restricted on LHR & NRT routes. What a waste.
          guys you don't realize we've got a huge parking issue at BIA. increasing the fleet before increasing parking space is not the right thing to do.

Comment

Still no picture of ALN?
            Thanks to Chamith for sharing the picture. I am surprised 4R-ALN still parked in CMB C25 bay. Perhaps currently no space in Engineering Hangar for aircraft check-ups for 4R-ALN before first revenue flight. I think Engineering Hangar currently filled with 4R-ADB, 4R-ADC and 4R-ALC. Also I can't see any movement of 4R-ADA since 25-3-2015 on FR24. 4R-ABJ ferried in Manchester for the new owner Titan Airways on the 22-3-2015.

34xj5t3

Originally posted by ALK511 View Post
            guys you don't realize we've got a huge parking issue at BIA. increasing the fleet before increasing parking space is not the right thing to do.
            All of these new A333s are replacing the A343s in the current fleet so the parking space is not the big issue now but issue comes when UL planning to increase the fleet-size from 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALK511 View Post
              Its better if they start the construction of the new apron first

Comment

• British Airways ends Gatwick-Colombo flights from tomarrow. The last BA2043 flight will be operated onboard G-YMMR.

@flylanka - Any possibilities British Airways re-launching Colombo flights from Heathow?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
                  British Airways ends Gatwick-Colombo flights from tomarrow. The last BA2043 flight will be operated onboard G-YMMR.

@flylanka - Any possibilities British Airways re-launching Colombo flights from Heathow?
                  BA's LGW-MLE-CMB route was very poorly planned.
                  1. The MLE-CMB route has stiff competition.
                  2. LGW is not a lucrative connection port for passengers to and from Americas.
                  3. LGW is BA's Caribbean connection port. Traffic between Caribbean and CMB is very poor.
                  4. BA yes should and could launch CMB from Heathrow.

Comment

I thought so. Is A333 a right choice for SriLankan Airlines?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                      I thought so. Is A333 a right choice for SriLankan Airlines?
                      Yes I believe it is.. the updated version of A330-300s are more fuel efficient that A340-300. And in any case these are good enough till A350-900 comes through.

Comment

Agreed - the wrong aircraft. It is designed for regional flights not long haul.

London is severely payload restricted - operated at maximum weight with minimum fuel (Re-dispatch). No room for cargo so they've lost that market as well.

The entire commercial side of UL needs to be investigated. I don't believe there is a business plan.
                        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                          BA's LGW-MLE-CMB route was very poorly planned.
                          1. The MLE-CMB route has stiff competition.
                          2. LGW is not a lucrative connection port for passengers to and from Americas.
                          3. LGW is BA's Caribbean connection port. Traffic between Caribbean and CMB is very poor.
                          4. BA yes should and could launch CMB from Heathrow.
                          If they operate LHR-CMB , they will definitely have good passenger demand

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                            Agreed - the wrong aircraft. It is designed for regional flights not long haul.

London is severely payload restricted - operated at maximum weight with minimum fuel (Re-dispatch). No room for cargo so they've lost that market as well.

The entire commercial side of UL needs to be investigated. I don't believe there is a business plan.
                            Just sit and criticise.....this fellow is amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              When they fly to Melbourne, will this also have to be load restricted ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                                I think given the circumstances the A333 was the right aircraft and I remember reading somewhere that the last 3 will have a centre fuel tank, hence the delay of their deliveries till the second half of this year (could be wrong though).

In any case what do you think of the old UL management? I remember you were one of the few defending their actions. This is a genuine question as I've heard mixed reports about their performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X