This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
    There's really no such thing as an "A320" - they are all different.

Different Engines/weights/limitations/part numbers/service bulletins/modifications/interior.

Even Emergency procedures may be different between different aircraft.

There is no point leasing an aircraft that is different to the others in the fleet. It becomes very expensive. You need parts that can only be used by a single aircraft in the fleet. If nobody else in the region operates an aircraft with the same specification then even getting parts will be a big issue.

Interior modifications are also very expensive especially things like an upgrade of the inflight entertainment system. Sometimes the leasing company will not even allow this because of the effect on the re-lease of the aircraft.

I've had it happen that the wrong part (IRS) was installed on an A320 I was flying at UL.

The only way this makes sense is to lease an entire fleet where the aircraft all have the same specification.

All the issues outlined above will be present in the Mihin fleet. I believe the UL A320's are now all the same specification.
    A full range of related services can be arranged through the Airbus Asset Management Division, from assistance with service entry and interior reconfiguration, to maintenance support and more.

Leasing companies such as AerCap, ILFC, Air Lease Corporation, ALAFCO, Avolon, AWAS Aviation Capital, BOC Aviation, FLY Leasing, GE CAS & SMBC Aviation Capital have begun to insist on leasing contracts of longer tenures — 08-10 years.

It will be better if UL can get a fleet of stored Airbus planes owned by defunct airlines under long term leasing contracts to increase focus on regional operations as it starts to implement of a new recovery plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
      All the issues outlined above will be present in the Mihin fleet. I believe the UL A320's are now all the same specification.
      SriLankan is operating A320s with a different specifications. Four new A320s (ABM, ABN, ABO, ABP) which were inducted to the fleet three years ago have CFM56-5B4 engines, 20/120 seat config and with a same new IFE. Remaining two A320s are second hand aircraft which have different engines types but same seat config but they dont have IFE in the cabin (ABK has CFM56-5B4 engines, 12/138 seat config and ABL has V2527-A5 engines, 12/138 seat config). A couple of second hand A321s were leased from CIT last year are powered by V2500 engines have 16/153 seat config with new same IFE. SriLankan planning to replace these second hand two A320s and two A321s with four brand new A321NEOs in near future. In my opinion SriLankan better maintain a small new fleet (both narrow body and wide body) consists of approx 25 aircraft and serve the profitable destinations with good products to the customers. Leasing second hand A320s is not a good idea since there are so many passengers complaints about SriLankan's out dated aircraft. Reconfiguring the second hand aircraft is also expensive if i am not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
        heard QR gonna upgrade all 777 connections to Colombo. anyone can confirm this??
        According to AIS, Qatar Airways operates Colombo with 2 x daily B777-300ERs and 1 x daily A333/A321 in Summer & Winter 2015. Kuwait Airways is increasing Colombo flights from 6 weekly to Daily from Summer 2015. In Feb 2015, Air China launched Chengdu-Colombo four weekly service. Turkish Airlines operating Colombo 6 weekly in Summer 2015 and Daily in Winter 2015. It's disappointing British Airways to quit Colombo service from next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          According to AIS, Qatar Airways operates Colombo with 2 x daily B777-300ERs and 1 x daily A333/A321 in Summer & Winter 2015. Kuwait Airways is increasing Colombo flights from 6 weekly to Daily from Summer 2015. In Feb 2015, Air China launched Chengdu-Colombo four weekly service. Turkish Airlines operating Colombo 6 weekly in Summer 2015 and Daily in Winter 2015. It's disappointing British Airways to quit Colombo service from next month.
          And China eastern Airline operated an A332 today. Landed couple of minutes ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
            4R-ALN / F-WWCP f/f 28jan15, ferried 29jan15 TLS-CHR for paint
            When is our 3rd A330 due ?

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
              Not sure about the exact delivery date yet. Btw Here are the dates of movements of 4R-ALN. 4R-ALN has been named as City of Kolomtota. I think Colombo used to be called as Kolomtota if I am not mistaken.

15/01/2015 At the Flight Line as 4R-ALN / F-WWCP / MSN 1604 / A330-343E
              28/01/2015 Test Flight
              29/01/2015 For Paint delivered TLS-CHR
              16/02/2015 After Paint delivered CHR-TLS
              21/02/2015 Acceptance flight
              25/02/2015 Acceptance flight

Comment

• Originally posted by budgetcarrier View Post
                Any further development to this story ??

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  Not sure about the exact delivery date yet. Btw Here are the dates of movements of 4R-ALN. 4R-ALN has been named as City of Kolomtota. I think Colombo used to be called as Kolomtota if I am not mistaken.

15/01/2015 At the Flight Line as 4R-ALN / F-WWCP / MSN 1604 / A330-343E
                  28/01/2015 Test Flight
                  29/01/2015 For Paint delivered TLS-CHR
                  16/02/2015 After Paint delivered CHR-TLS
                  21/02/2015 Acceptance flight
                  25/02/2015 Acceptance flight
                  Yes You are correct. 'Kolomtota' means Colombo Harbour.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                    4R-ALN to leave Toulouse tonight with an estimated arrival time tomorrow at Colombo at 05.45 utc

Comment

• Originally posted by Chathu View Post
                      Any further development to this story ??
                      I submitted the following to the investigating committee last week:-

- Detailed timeline of events.
                      - Copies of e-mails (which show the entire management and board were aware of what was going on).
                      - Copies of signed letters from the Airline (Obviously never thought there would be an investigation).

Been waiting two years for some accountability
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
                        4R-ALN to leave Toulouse tonight with an estimated arrival time tomorrow at Colombo at 05.45 utc
                        The delivery of 4R-ALN 3rd A330-300 is scheduled today.

Airbus A330 -343 1604 4R-ALN Sri Lankan delivery 02mar15 TLS-CMB “City of Kolomtota” ex F-WWCP
                        Credit Skyliner Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
                          The delivery of 4R-ALN 3rd A330-300 is scheduled today.

Airbus A330 -343 1604 4R-ALN Sri Lankan delivery 02mar15 TLS-CMB “City of Kolomtota” ex F-WWCP
                          Credit Skyliner Aviation
                          SrilanKan Airlines

Comment

• Breaking news - Today Mihin Lanka's Jakarta flight MJ603 diverted to Medan ? it was operated by 4R-MRE. any body know why? any news on taking delivery of 4R-MRF (A319)

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                              Breaking news - Today Mihin Lanka's Jakarta flight MJ603 diverted to Medan ? it was operated by 4R-MRE. any body know why? any news on taking delivery of 4R-MRF (A319)
                              MJ 603 was diverted to Medan due to a medical emergency.

Comment

Working...
                              X