X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by budgetcarrier View Post
    Are the reports about safety true?
    Nothing like a little "name and shame"....

Unfortunately the reports are true - I have heard about several of these incidents from former colleagues within the Airline. Several Pilots have had their Licences suspended.

There are plenty more incidents that have not made the papers and don't appear on the CAA website.

SriLankan have come very close to a hull loss - they have been extremely lucky.

As I've stated previously there is a culture of impunity and zero accountability within the Airline. Under the previous government the primary requirement to hold a management position was blind loyalty - competence and suitability were not factors.

As I've stated previously the CEO, COO and the entire board have to go - the sooner the better.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post

SriLankan have come very close to a hull loss - they have been extremely lucky.
      This appears to be the unanimous agreement of the 'people in the know'.

I sincerely hope they get their act together before the worst happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
        Arrival time to CMB is good for transit passangers for Europe. All early morning UL flights to Europe depart between 12 midnight and 3 am. But departure time from CMB is not that great for European transit passengers

MEL is home to more Srilankans than SYD, so that may be the reason for choosing MEL.
        In my opinion SriLankan would have planned the flight timings as below to connect LHR with MEL via CMB because Sri lankan families in London fly to Melbourne to visit their relatives. SriLankan better increase more morning frequencies of London flights which would support the passengers to transit across to US and Canada.

DEP - ARR
        CMB - MEL - 03:15 - 18:45
        MEL - CMB - 20:15 - 01:15
        CMB - LHR - 02:00 - 08:25
        LHR - CMB - 09:55 - 02:25

Have they done any feasibility study before planning to launch the CMB-MEL flights? What's their target market? O&D traffic?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          In my opinion SriLankan would have planned the flight timings as below to connect LHR with MEL via CMB because Sri lankan families in London fly to Melbourne to visit their relatives. SriLankan better increase more morning frequencies of London flights which would support the passengers to transit across to US and Canada.

Have they done any feasibility study before planning to launch the CMB-MEL flights? What's their target market? O&D traffic?
          I agree with your comments Banu

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
            Melbourne makes perfect sense over Sydney. SYD is commercial hub.. but MEL has bigger SL community
            Air Lanka or SriLankan Airlines in the past flew to Sydney and Melbourne. Why did they end such an important route for Australia?

With SriLankan leasing 6 new A333s I wonder whether they are planning new routes other than the already announced destinations: Melbourne. Of course these new 6 A333s will replace the 6 ageing A343s.

I wonder whether any one of you have heard any network expansion plans by SriLankan?..or could you guess what the new routes be. Toronto?

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
              Air Lanka or SriLankan Airlines in the past flew to Sydney and Melbourne. Why did they end such an important route for Australia?

With SriLankan leasing 6 new A333s I wonder whether they are planning new routes other than the already announced destinations: Melbourne. Of course these new 6 A333s will replace the 6 ageing A343s.

I wonder whether any one of you have heard any network expansion plans by SriLankan?..or could you guess what the new routes be. Toronto?
              Toronto is not a very good route. I don't think there would be enough pax to fit an A333.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                Toronto is not a very good route. I don't think there would be enough pax to fit an A333.
                Why do you say that???. YYZ is the only airport EK/EY cannot dump seats. restricted to 3 flights a week

Comment

DEP - ARR
                  CMB - MEL - 03:15 - 18:45
                  MEL - CMB - 20:15 - 01:15
                  CMB - LHR - 02:00 - 08:25
                  LHR - CMB - 09:55 - 02:25

some LHR slots are sold

Comment

SriLankan Airlines to start direct flights between Colombo and Melbourne from 2nd November 2015 onboard A330-300. It will be a four weekly service operating every Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, According to SriLankan Airlines Website.

UL 601: 0100hrs CMB-MEL 1630hrs
                    UL 602: 1800hrs MEL-CMB 2300hrs

Will this Melbourne route become profitable for SriLankan? I am quite surprised SriLankan decided to fly Melbourne instead of Sydney.
                    Hope this time they could turn it around

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                      If UL wants to fly to Toronto, it should be with a stop over at Europe.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines will be operating the following seasonal flights to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport for this Chinese New Year. SriLankan Airlines is already operating flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Kunming and Chongqing in Mainland China.

13FEB - 02:15 - 11:05 - UL4001 - CMB-HGH - FRI
                        20FEB - 01:55 - 10:45 - UL4001 - CMB-HGH - FRI
                        27FEB - 01:00 - 09:50 - UL4001 - CMB-HGH - FRI

13FEB - 12:05 - 17:00 - UL4002 - HGH-CMB - FRI
                        20FEB - 11:50 - 16:45 - UL4002 - HGH-CMB - FRI
                        27FEB - 10:50 - 15:45 - UL4002 - HGH-CMB - FRI

Hopefully Hangzhou will be connected by a SriLankan's schedule flights in the future.

SriLankan's A330-243, 4R-ALB will be back from maintanance on 12/2/15 and it's going to operate as UL229 on CMB KWI. Any idea if 4R-ALB received the new economy cabin/seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                          Melbourne makes perfect sense over Sydney. SYD is commercial hub.. but MEL has bigger SL community
                          SriLankan's Melbourne flight information removed from the AIS/GDS system. Not sure what's going on?

Comment

• Now that the old administration is out, what are the chances that Emirates buys a stake in UL again?

Has that ship sailed or is it not that far-fetched considering Qatar Airways bought 10% of IAG and Etihad has stakes in multiple carriers?

Comment

SriLankan's Melbourne flight information removed from the AIS/GDS system. Not sure what's going on?
                              If Sri Lankan airline wants to make a strong stand in aviation it better make a move into Melbourne cos , Melbourne is the second biggest city out side Colombo...use the new aircraft for worthwhile destinations !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prasad View Post
                                If Sri Lankan airline wants to make a strong stand in aviation it better make a move into Melbourne cos , Melbourne is the second biggest city out side Colombo...use the new aircraft for worthwhile destinations !!!
                                What do you mean Melbourne is the second biggest city outside of Colombo?

Using your logic to decide where UL should fly will only further financially burden UL. Routes should be decided based on commercial factors like yield and profitability, not peoples egos.

Comment

Working...
                                X