This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Are there any under-performing routes in the UL network (in terms of yields and passenger loads)?
    Fco

And would like to know what was wrong in mxp to suspend operations when someone told me that mxp was better than fco...in pax loads cargo and as well for ex's baggage

Comment

• Hope New Government will shut down Mihinlanka soon and merged with UL and appoint a new management to run Airline to a profitable one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
        Hope New Government will shut down Mihinlanka soon and merged with UL and appoint a new management to run Airline to a profitable one.
        Yes because chairman and ceo has runaway without documentations what a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
          Yes because chairman and ceo has runaway without documentations what a joke
          Some interesting articles (the first one seems to confirm the Chairman & CEO have resigned). Won't post them in full since the information in the articles may not be fully verified.

Not sure if its true but apparently the old UL CEO (from EK times) is still in Sri Lanka. If its actually true I wonder if they'll approach him for another stint at UL (although I doubt he'll take it after he was treated). Even Harry J wouldn't be bad as Chairman.
          Last edited by lordvader; 13-01-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
            Not sure if its true but apparently the old UL CEO (from EK times) is still in Sri Lanka. If its actually true I wonder if they'll approach him for another stint at UL (although I doubt he'll take it after he was treated). Even Harry J wouldn't be bad as Chairman.
            Indeed. According to linkedin he is an aviation consultant in Colombo for a company called International Airlines & Aviation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
              Peter Hill is indeed enjoying retirement in Sri Lanka. His wife is Sri Lankan.

He was treated like **** by the previous GOSL - fired for an incident in London that got way out of hand. He is owed an apology.

After the way he was treated I doubt he will be back.
              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• http://www.srilankan.com/corporate/e...irline/profile

acording to the webside Mr. Nishantha Wickremasinghe is the Chairman

Comment

• Why UL using the new birds such as 4R-ALL and ALM on routs such as HRI, PEK and the Middle East? They Should be using these new birds on Far East and Europe where we have more profitable turnarounds?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Any news on 4R-ALN

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      Any news on 4R-ALN
                      4R- SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-343 - cn 1604

Airframe Details
                      Construction Number (MSN) 1604
                      Aircraft Type Airbus A330-343
                      Test registration F-WWCP
                      Airframe Status On Order

Comment

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
                        http://www.srilankan.com/corporate/e...irline/profile

acording to the webside Mr. Nishantha Wickremasinghe is the Chairman
                        Yes and the website hasn't been updated recently, has it? We should maybe see some details fairly soon if there are any management changes.
                        Last edited by lordvader; 15-01-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                          Why UL using the new birds such as 4R-ALL and ALM on routs such as HRI, PEK and the Middle East? They Should be using these new birds on Far East and Europe where we have more profitable turnarounds?

http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/4rall
                          I was thinking the same Umedha. to use those new birds on ME routes is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            Why UL using the new birds such as 4R-ALL and ALM on routs such as HRI, PEK and the Middle East? They Should be using these new birds on Far East and Europe where we have more profitable turnarounds?
                            A333 is not a long haul aircraft - it is designed for short and medium length routes. UL bought these aircraft as an A332 replacement.

A350 is supposed to replace A343.

Operating A333 to London can only be done with payload restrictions - London flight can be as long as 12 hours in the Winter months.

Even the A343 has payload restrictions to London in the Winter months.

UL has the 260000kg version of the A343 (except for - ADG)- my Airline has the 275000kg version of the A343 with the 190000kg landing weight option.

When I flew CMB-LHR-CMB the westbound flights were at maximum weight. Eastbound we didn't reach maximum landing weight until 90 minutes from CMB.

These flights were full - they should have been profitable. London is a premium route for every Airline - except UL.

The entire sales/marketing/commercial departments need to be investigated. What is needed is accountability!

Regarding the integration of UL/Mihin - terrible idea!

You'd saddle UL with all of Mihin's debts and long term liabilities - UL is already a financial disaster.

There are people at Mihin who were not re-hired by UL.

There are people working at Mihin who failed the selection at UL.

I don't see any benefit to merging the 2 companies - hope it doesn't happen.
                            Last edited by ejanson65; 15-01-2015, 08:28 AM. Reason: added details
                            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                              A333 is not a long haul aircraft - it is designed for short and medium length routes. UL bought these aircraft as an A332 replacement.

A350 is supposed to replace A343.

Operating A333 to London can only be done with payload restrictions - London flight can be as long as 12 hours in the Winter months.

Even the A343 has payload restrictions to London in the Winter months.

UL has the 260000kg version of the A343 (except for - ADG)- my Airline has the 275000kg version of the A343 with the 190000kg landing weight option.

When I flew CMB-LHR-CMB the westbound flights were at maximum weight. Eastbound we didn't reach maximum landing weight until 90 minutes from CMB.

These flights were full - they should have been profitable. London is a premium route for every Airline - except UL.

The entire sales/marketing/commercial departments need to be investigated. What is needed is accountability!

Regarding the integration of UL/Mihin - terrible idea!

You'd saddle UL with all of Mihin's debts and long term liabilities - UL is already a financial disaster.

There are people at Mihin who were not re-hired by UL.

There are people working at Mihin who failed the selection at UL.

I don't see any benefit to merging the 2 companies - hope it doesn't happen.
                              As much as Mihin Lanka should be shut down, what is the likelihood of UL taking over certain destinations, which for MJ were doing ok, namely Dhaka and Jakarta.
                              Not sure if Seychelles or Lahore are actually worth pursuing or not. They do seem kind of promising in the long term. Medan, on the other hand, should be given the chop. I have never really understood the rationale with Medan.

Comment

• I recently flew cme kul ul315 business class a320 uncomfortable food and service is excellent 737 mph seats better than a320
                                For short haul like chennai Karachi they use a321 they should use a321 to kul and sin a321 business class better than a320 Hope they have some food change in future also they should stop giving China promotions like usd 500 Guangzhou cmb guangzhou inc 3 night hotel from hk run ticket costs usd700 plus

Comment

Working...
                                X