This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4R-ADA View Post
    Interesting to know what will happen in the aviation sphere? Will the new regime get rid of Mihin Lanka? They said they will. I can't imagine the new regime keen on an airline whose name is a form of "Mahinda"
    This could also spell the end on loss-making UL flights through HRI.

Does anyone know if the Airbus 350 order and the CMB airport expansion could be impacted in anyway by the change of govt?
    Interesting times ahread for sure.
    by not using UL as his VIP bird?   
    ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
      Yes! That's the way to go. Merge UL and MJ and merge the staff also if they are qualified enough to the standard of UL staff.
      I am not sure MJ need to be merge with UL. Why does UL need to carry MJ debt burden. It is preferable to close down.

HRI is a disaster. UNP has said they will make that airport a museum.

Comment

• guys is ul a332 4r-alb sent for Y cabin avod retrofittatiuon cz there aren't any movement since 4th jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
          I am not sure MJ need to be merge with UL. Why does UL need to carry MJ debt burden. It is preferable to close down.

HRI is a disaster. UNP has said they will make that airport a museum.
          Not quite sure about MJ close down. However HRI is an much needed diversion airport and we must have that. Because that will give a better commercial benefits for carriers coming to CMB as they do not need to carry more fuel for longer diversions to south Indian airports. This is the main advantage that HRI given to carriers operating to CMB, as personally I know how the calculations benefits to all carriers with HRI considered as alternate diversion point. Per flight even it doesn't look like a big figure if you calculate it for a daily operations for year, annual savings comes to 6 digit figure in dollars.

Comment

• Well for one, he needs to hire people with the suitable calibre to run the airline. Mainly to provide leadership. The other factors to consider. Route Network, I don't think UL is operating any loss making routes at the moment. Consider what expansion plans are viable using own metal and codeshare agreements. Cut loose MJ. Remove duds and excess staff. Examine aircraft utilisation and see where improvements can be made.

Comment

• I notice hri movements has been zero since 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                I notice hri movements has been zero since 9th
                what do you mean?
                Track real-time flight status, departures and arrivals, airport delays, and airport information using FlightStats Global Flight Tracker.

Comment

• Originally posted by indika7777 View Post
                  Not quite sure about MJ close down. However HRI is an much needed diversion airport and we must have that. Because that will give a better commercial benefits for carriers coming to CMB as they do not need to carry more fuel for longer diversions to south Indian airports. This is the main advantage that HRI given to carriers operating to CMB, as personally I know how the calculations benefits to all carriers with HRI considered as alternate diversion point. Per flight even it doesn't look like a big figure if you calculate it for a daily operations for year, annual savings comes to 6 digit figure in dollars.
                  if it cost 6 figures in dollars saving a year for the airline...then how much does it cost to maintained (HRI)...how do you cover the cost of loan repayment and interest...HRI Project is a disaster period.

alternate should be JAF, TRR and RML (has a short runway needed to strength it to accommodate A320s and B737)
                  Last edited by Speedbird; 10-01-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                    if it cost 6 figures in dollars saving a year for the airline...then how much does it cost to maintained (HRI)...how do you cover the cost of loan repayment and interest...HRI Project is a disaster period.

alternate should be JAF, TRR and RML (has a short runway needed to strength it to accommodate A320s and B737)
                    They should've built the new airport somewhere in the western province such as Beruwala. Close enough to CMB to initially use as a secondary airport (and to take over from CMB in the long term due to land constraints), as well as to the beaches and new expressway.

Has anyone from inside UL heard whats happening re their fleet expansion and management since the new govt was elected? Hope they get someone like Peter Hill in to manage UL.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      I havn't heard anything about SriLankan leasing more A321s after they leased 1st A321 in Feb 14 and 2nd A321 in Sep 14. Actually SriLankan was planning to replace mid-aged A320s (ABK & ABL) in the current fleet with A321s. I think lease period for 4R-ABL has been extended from Oct 14 : https://www.pehub.com/2014/10/fifth-...t-acquisition/ . Any body know if SriLankan going to bring some more A321s to the fleet?
                      This might be of interest to you (although its behind a paywall):

Comment

• Any news on srilankan chairman and ceo

Comment

• The new government has its work cut out for it...

Investigations are needed into HRI and Mihin. Both need to be closed down ASAP. There needs to be a full accounting especially regarding the mis-use of public funds.

The same investigation is needed into SriLankan. This isn't going to be pretty - plenty that needs to be publicly exposed. Given the high debt load and the costs of continuing operations it may be best to close this down as well. I'm not sure this can ever be made profitable - too many useless donkeys employed at all levels.

A good start would be the removal of the Chairman/CEO/COO and the entire Board. Most of the department heads need to go as well - especially HHR.

They all need to be prevented from leaving the country.

Let's have some Accountability!
                          Last edited by ejanson65; 11-01-2015, 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
                          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                            The new government has its work cut out for it...

Investigations are needed into HRI and Mihin. Both need to be closed down ASAP. There needs to be a full accounting especially regarding the mis-use of public funds.

The same investigation is needed into SriLankan. This isn't going to be pretty - plenty that needs to be publicly exposed. Given the high debt load and the costs of continuing operations it may be best to close this down as well. I'm not sure this can ever be made profitable - too many useless donkeys employed at all levels.

A good start would be the removal of the Chairman/CEO/COO and the entire Board. Most of the department heads need to go as well - especially HHR.

They all need to be prevented from leaving the country.

Let's have some Accountability!
                            Are there any under-performing routes in the UL network (in terms of yields and passenger loads)?

Comment

Are there any under-performing routes in the UL network (in terms of yields and passenger loads)?

Very difficult to tell, because such figures aren't released publicly.
                              Last edited by abhijith16; 11-01-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I think Mattala and Rome??

Comment

Working...
                                X