This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    I didn't understand why SriLankan is sending these aged 4R-ADA and 4R-ADB for long-haul flights. In my opinion, these aged birds supposed to serve some short-haul flights. I heard 4R-ADA and 4R-ADB going to retire from the fleet in this month or next month. There are possibilities, SriLankan flights may be black-listed in Europe if this technical issues happen few more times. By the way, 4R-ADC not flying anymore.
    As long as you keep up with the maintenance - there's no issue running these aircraft. Lufthansa is operating older A340s with more hours on them.

Lease costs for an A340-300 are lower than those of an A320. Combined with a lower fuel cost this may have changed the operating economics of the A340-300. You can lease them by the hour - you only pay when you fly.

My understanding is that the A330-300 is even more restricted on London flights than the A330-200. It's not designed for flights of this length - London can go to 12 hours flying time in the Winter.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
      My understanding is that the A330-300 is even more restricted on London flights than the A330-200. It's not designed for flights of this length - London can go to 12 hours flying time in the Winter.
      SriLankan Airlines to operate Colombo-Heathrow route with A330-300 aircraft only from Oct-2015.

Comment

I didn't understand why SriLankan is sending these aged 4R-ADA and 4R-ADB for long-haul flights. In my opinion, these aged birds supposed to serve some short-haul flights. I heard 4R-ADA and 4R-ADB going to retire from the fleet in this month or next month. There are possibilities, SriLankan flights may be black-listed in Europe if this technical issues happen few more times. By the way, 4R-ADC not flying anymore.
        Is there a farewell ceremony for these birds... do we know when they will leave BIA for ever?
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Errr... this can only be confirmed by someone in UL... is it true that UL A330-300 (4R-ALL) has an issue with the fuel tanks?

Comment

I agree whole heartedly with u banu.
            i'm just waiting for the day they retire these old birds. even to operate on short haul routes it deosnt make sense

Comment

• any updates on the remaining a321s for ul

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                any updates on the remaining a321s for ul
                I havn't heard anything about SriLankan leasing more A321s after they leased 1st A321 in Feb 14 and 2nd A321 in Sep 14. Actually SriLankan was planning to replace mid-aged A320s (ABK & ABL) in the current fleet with A321s. I think lease period for 4R-ABL has been extended from Oct 14 : https://www.pehub.com/2014/10/fifth-...t-acquisition/ . Any body know if SriLankan going to bring some more A321s to the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                  Any news about MJ getting an A319?
                  @skyliner - Do you have any information about MJ getting an A319?

Comment

@skyliner - Do you have any information about MJ getting an A319?
                    Nothing yet my end :-( Cheers Chris

Comment

• by the looks of it, maethri is the new president,
                      UL finally will get to show profits as a result of minimal corruption

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                        by the looks of it, maethri is the new president,
                        UL finally will get to show profits as a result of minimal corruption
                        Interesting to know what will happen in the aviation sphere? Will the new regime get rid of Mihin Lanka? They said they will. I can't imagine the new regime keen on an airline whose name is a form of "Mahinda"
                        This could also spell the end on loss-making UL flights through HRI.

Does anyone know if the Airbus 350 order and the CMB airport expansion could be impacted in anyway by the change of govt?
                        Interesting times ahread for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4r-ada View Post
                          interesting to know what will happen in the aviation sphere? Will the new regime get rid of mihin lanka? They said they will. I can't imagine the new regime keen on an airline whose name is a form of "mahinda"
                          this could also spell the end on loss-making ul flights through hri.

Does anyone know if the airbus 350 order and the cmb airport expansion could be impacted in anyway by the change of govt?
                          a350 order and cmb apt wont be affected with new regime.
                          In fact wud be better.
                          Cz maethri did state he would make hri a much more successful apt

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ADA View Post
                            Interesting to know what will happen in the aviation sphere? Will the new regime get rid of Mihin Lanka? They said they will. I can't imagine the new regime keen on an airline whose name is a form of "Mahinda"
                            This could also spell the end on loss-making UL flights through HRI.

Does anyone know if the Airbus 350 order and the CMB airport expansion could be impacted in anyway by the change of govt?
                            Im guessing UL management will be changed and Mihin renamed or shut down? Thats my guess, the next few weeks and months will be interesting for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              Im guessing UL management will be changed and Mihin renamed or shut down? Thats my guess, the next few weeks and months will be interesting for sure.
                              Maithri stated that UL and MJ will be merged.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                                Maithri stated that UL and MJ will be merged.
                                Yes! That's the way to go. Merge UL and MJ and merge the staff also if they are qualified enough to the standard of UL staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X