Sri Lanka Aviation


 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 339 of 466 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 9301
  1. #6761
    A350 XWB Final Assembly: A Step-by-Step Overview

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=W0jlu0ghNIg

  2. #6762
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    There's no money to do anything. The Management are nothing but NATO members.

    No alternative but to cut routes in a desperate attempt to reduce losses (another epic fail...).

    The Management of the Airline are mostly political appointees - their function is to rubber stamp whatever the GOSL decrees and keep the funds flowing to family, friends and cronies.

    Any efforts to investigate obvious theft, fraud and abuse of power have been blocked.

    Rampant corruption and incompetence at all levels within the Airline. I've explained how it works at the office.

    There's only one way this ends imho.

    This was the situation at Flight Ops in 2013 when I left. The holes really were lining up - somehow they managed to avoid an accident.

    http://www.safety-s2s.eu/modules.php...art=4&idp=1412

    PRECIFAC re-examines irregularities at SriLankan Airlines - http://newsfirst.lk/english/2016/01/...irlines/126552

    Nishantha Wickremesinghe at PRECIFAC - http://www.sundaytimes.lk/video/9421...he-at-precifac

    SriLankan Airlines government guaranteed bonds rated 'BB-' - http://www.economynext.com/SriLankan...__-3-4119.html

  3. #6763
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    PRECIFAC re-examines irregularities at SriLankan Airlines - http://newsfirst.lk/english/2016/01/...irlines/126552

    Nishantha Wickremesinghe at PRECIFAC - http://www.sundaytimes.lk/video/9421...he-at-precifac

    SriLankan Airlines government guaranteed bonds rated 'BB-' - http://www.economynext.com/SriLankan...__-3-4119.html
    This has been going on for almost a year - not a single person has been held to account.

    HHR Pradeepa and former COO Druvi are both still employed.

    It's all just a show imho - don't believe anything will happen.


    BB- is considered a "Junk Bond"

    From Investopedia.com
    However, it is important for investors to realize that this higher rate serves as compensation for investing money in a company or government that may not be financially sound and may result in the loss of one's investment.
    Last edited by ejanson65; 29-01-2016 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added Bond info
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  4. #6764
    Does anyone know what is going on with Qatar Airways A340-600? On flight radar24 it was about to take off but returned back to the gate. The status says unknown but there seems to be another Qatar A340-600 about to land in Colombo.

  5. #6765
    Sri Lankan Airlines needs to start a new phase of its long restructuring process with the investments from Foreign & Sri Lankan investors and Sri Lankan government only needs to maintain a minority stake in the airline as it will help to increase the investor confidence, as in the past, government must not interfere with UL Management.

    It will be better in the future if UL management can get below stake holders…….

    49% - Qatar Airways
    30% - Aitken Spence
    21% - Sri Lankan Government

  6. #6766
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Sri Lankan Airlines needs to start a new phase of its long restructuring process with the investments from Foreign & Sri Lankan investors and Sri Lankan government only needs to maintain a minority stake in the airline as it will help to increase the investor confidence, as in the past, government must not interfere with UL Management.

    It will be better in the future if UL management can get below stake holders…….

    49% - Qatar Airways
    30% - Aitken Spence
    21% - Sri Lankan Government
    We are well past the point that this is possible imho. About 10 years too late.

    Qatar has most likely turned this option down already - there is no benefit for them. They'd be smarter to wait for UL to collapse and then start up their own Airline in Sri Lanka.

    Nobody will invest in an Airline that has huge debts and even more future liabilities. Nobody wants a large group of unqualified and incompetent people who can't be fired.

    In its present form there is no conceivable way to ever make this profitable.

    Nobody will touch this Airline imho.

    Make no mistake - this isn't a business. This is a wealth transfer vehicle - public funds in and funds out to family friends and cronies.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  7. #6767
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    We are well past the point that this is possible imho. About 10 years too late.

    Qatar has most likely turned this option down already - there is no benefit for them. They'd be smarter to wait for UL to collapse and then start up their own Airline in Sri Lanka.

    Nobody will invest in an Airline that has huge debts and even more future liabilities. Nobody wants a large group of unqualified and incompetent people who can't be fired.

    In its present form there is no conceivable way to ever make this profitable.

    Nobody will touch this Airline imho.

    Make no mistake - this isn't a business. This is a wealth transfer vehicle - public funds in and funds out to family friends and cronies.
    With the past SL gov record I don't think anyone will want to get into an expensive venture of setting up an airline if UL collapses and risk it being nationalized later.

    UL will continue along as it is; maybe the government should get some consultancy from the NZ government on how to have an airline as a state enterprise and still run it successfully without bungling.

  8. #6768
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    With the past SL gov record I don't think anyone will want to get into an expensive venture of setting up an airline if UL collapses and risk it being nationalized later.
    Well you could always:-

    -Set up a new Airline as a subsidiary of an existing Airline.
    -Register the aircraft outside Sri Lanka.
    -No Sri Lankans in any Management positions
    -Everyone works on a renewable short term contract.

    Government starts causing issues? Pull the plug. Simple.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  9. #6769
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    Well you could always:-

    -Set up a new Airline as a subsidiary of an existing Airline.
    -Register the aircraft outside Sri Lanka.
    -No Sri Lankans in any Management positions
    -Everyone works on a renewable short term contract.

    Government starts causing issues? Pull the plug. Simple.
    In my opinion, UL can do better if they change staff/management from Top to Bottom where we need right people for the job. UL needs to hire a CEO/COO with an Airline Management Experience.

  10. #6770
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    I think Sri Lankan Airline A350 MSN 60 should go into production before February end or March according to this production UL's First A350 MSN 60??

    Part for the first A350 for SriLankan Airlines
    MSN60 section was seen in pre-FAL at XFW yesterday:

    https://flic.kr/p/DyfQB5

  11. #6771



    Is this a new route of SriLankan Airlines?


    ------------------------UPDATE-------------------------------
    Just found out that South Asian Games are scheduled to start on 05th February at Guwahati, Shillong.

    So this flight could be carrying participants for it
    Last edited by Sandaru; 03-02-2016 at 02:17 AM.

  12. #6772
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/i...den-says-eran/

    From the article:-

    So a Deputy Minister doesn't know how business is done in Sri Lanka?

    This is nothing but theft, fraud and corruption - Sri Lankan tax payers get stuck with the bill.

    It's not difficult to figure out. Another MiG deal on a much larger scale.

    Here's a radical idea - if the reasons aren't known how about an investigation?

    A Billion Dollars+ in losses and another Billion in future liabilities - and nothing is being done about it.

    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...nkan-airlines/

    Not a bad article by the former temporary CEO.

    I can't help but remember no action being taken while he was in charge - another useless NATO member!

    Analysis:-

    By doing nothing the problems at UL have only grown - requiring increasingly drastic measures. It's simply not realistic to expect a pack of unqualified, government appointed clowns to be anything more than NATO members.

    At some point the cash will run out and there will no longer be any choices left. I think they're at this point. Choices will be made for them.

    Example:- They don't want to cut European Routes but there's no cash to operate them so they get cut.

    If they're in talks with Skyworks Capital then that's an admission that UL has lost control of the situation. In any normal company this would mean the automatic dismissal of the management and board of directors.

    My guess is that they tried to offload the A350's to Qatar - another act of desperation.

    A real tragedy that things have come to this point.
    But UL is going to get A350 or not?

  13. #6773
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post


    Is this a new route of SriLankan Airlines?


    ------------------------UPDATE-------------------------------
    Just found out that South Asian Games are scheduled to start on 05th February at Guwahati, Shillong.

    So this flight could be carrying participants for it
    As far as I know it's the first time UL is flying to Guwahati. It's only a charter to off load the participants for the South Asian Games. When this flight is going to return to CMB?

  14. #6774
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCeylon View Post
    But UL is going to get A350 or not?
    imho - no they're not.

    They will be built and either be "white tails" or they will go into storage in Lourdes or Chateauroux,

    UL can't pay for them and they are not needed especially if most of the European routes are going to go.

    They've deferred delivery - but the Airline will only be in worse shape next year. They won't be able to pay for them next year either.

    What makes most sense is that they're trying to offload them to another customer. Explains why Qatar CEO was in town recently.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  15. #6775


    SriLankan Airlines flight UL171 Colombo - Bangalore returned back to Colombo after 20 Minutes. The aircraft climbed up to 4100 feet.

    Aircraft Registration - 4R-ABQ

    Anybody knows the reason for this?

  16. #6776
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post


    SriLankan Airlines flight UL171 Colombo - Bangalore returned back to Colombo after 20 Minutes. The aircraft climbed up to 4100 feet.

    Aircraft Registration - 4R-ABQ

    Anybody knows the reason for this?
    Declared the local standby for UL171, reason is engine vibration

  17. #6777
    Quote Originally Posted by AF777 View Post
    Sri Lankan A350 / UL#1 (MSN52) undergoing fuselage join in Station 50
    A fully painted tail fin for MSN52 has just arrived in TLS.

  18. #6778
    Quote Originally Posted by AF777 View Post
    The first is in Parts arriving at TLS and the next two frames are close behind, parts for their third have been seen. MSN52 fuselage sections have been spotted in Station 59 yesterday. So 52 into FAL next week and 60 early March ?

    We will see what happens !

    A parts for MSN55 arriving in TLS

    https://sites.google.com/site/a350xw...roduction-list

  19. #6779
    Senior Member Haleef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ratmalana, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by AF777 View Post
    A fully painted tail fin for MSN52 has just arrived in TLS.
    Wow! Please post some photos

  20. #6780
    Quote Originally Posted by af777 View Post
    a fully painted tail fin for msn52 has just arrived in tls.
    omg!!! Omg!! Omg!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts