Sri Lanka Aviation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 448 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 8941
    Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Wow Xmas Gift... now New Years Gift!!
    UL1506 4R-ALR took off from Toulouse Blagnac Airport

Take off Time - 10:55 AM (Central Eastern Time) *55 Minutes late from the scheduled take off time.
    Arrival Time - 12.44 AM (Sri Lankan Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    UL1506 4R-ALR took off from Toulouse Blagnac Airport

Take off Time - 10:55 AM (Central Eastern Time) *55 Minutes late from the scheduled take off time.
    Arrival Time - 12.44 AM (Sri Lankan Time)
    Captains flying UL1506 to Colombo;

CPT Rambukwelle Nimal
    CPT Sylva Shiran
    CPT Johnpulle Niranjan

Happy New year to each and everyone in the forum! All the best

Sri Lankan Airline's New Year gift 4R-ALR arrived on time to CMB.

Wish you all a very happy new year!!

While there is an uncertainty of Sri Lankan Airlines continuing to operate in Europe and several other destinations of choice, Sri Lanka Tourism today said it hopes to enter into strategic partnerships with new and existing Airlines connecting the regions capitalising on the “Open Sky” policy of the government of Sri Lanka.

http://nation.lk/online/2015/12/30/s...o-tap-tourism/
    Any possibilities European Airlines like KLM, Alitalia, Air Berlin etc.. launching Colombo route if SriLankan terminate the flights to Paris, Rome and Frankfurt.

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Any possibilities European Airlines like KLM, Alitalia, Air Berlin etc.. launching Colombo route if SriLankan terminate the flights to Paris, Rome and Frankfurt.
    If UL has not enough pax why these Airlines should start flights to colombo?

Quote Originally Posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    If the pax demand is bad, why is UL using A333s on routes like FRA when there are smaller aircraft like the A332s which are more than capable of flying the same flight non-stop

Quote Originally Posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    If the pax demand is bad, why is UL using A333s on routes like FRA when there are smaller aircraft like the A332s which are more than capable of flying the same flight non-stop
    It is not the number of pax...it is the yield which matters

Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    4R-ALQ in Cmb..

Source: aviationandenginerring
    4R-ALQ is now flying the first revenue flight to LHR as UL503.

Happy New Year to all. What happened to 4R-ADE? Is it still at the hanger or what?

Quote Originally Posted by ULA340 View Post
    Happy New Year to all. What happened to 4R-ADE? Is it still at the hanger or what?
    Happy New Year!!! Fellow Aviators!!! I heard its 1 of the engines got damaged during the last week's Musical Show in the hanger...

Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Happy New Year!!! Fellow Aviators!!! I heard its 1 of the engines got damaged during the last week's Musical Show in the hanger...
    I also heard of it. But when it will be return to the lessor? I heard some of my colleagues at Srilankan airlines Qatar says that Srilankan airlines going to lease some brand new A320 and 21. Any News?

LHR Winter service by UL

UL has commenced their weekend winter service to LHR. ( UL 505/506)

Quote Originally Posted by ULA340 View Post
    I also heard of it. But when it will be return to the lessor? I heard some of my colleagues at Srilankan airlines Qatar says that Srilankan airlines going to lease some brand new A320 and 21. Any News?
    Thats what the speculation at the moment.. I heard that they may not go with A350s and will go with either 320 or 321s. Just a gossip at this stage.

Got some insider news that Qatar airways going to take over management of srilankan Airlines and according to news source it's almost fixed and confirmed. Let's keep fingers crossed.

Is there is any move to Move to privatize SriLankan Airlines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHjCkmKc8ZI
    Please translate this news in English. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    It is not the number of pax...it is the yield which matters
    Exactly - nobody is asking why these flights are losing money.

Any talk of privatisation is just that - talk.

With the financial liabilities (including those still due) it is impossible for UL to ever make money.

Who wants all the political appointees, jokers and incompetent clowns that infest this Airline like a cancer? Nobody.

I won't even start on the toxic UL culture!

Hard to believe that Qatar wants any part of this. I see zero benefit for Qatar - makes no sense imho.

They'd be smarter to wait for the inevitable bankruptcy then set up their own Airline.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Hotel industry says unwise for SriLankan Airlines to pull out of Europe

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/160103/bus...pe-177034.html
    Mr. Cooray said the THASL has urged the national carrier that this was not the time to withdraw from Europe. “What we are told being discussed is that the airline may retain Frankfurt. But we urge that both Paris and Frankfurt are retained.”He said Europeans are finding it difficult to travel to Islamic countries due to political unrest. Places like Turkey, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Eqypt are popular summer destinations frequented by millions of Germans and French who now find it more and uncomfortable to visit these locations.

does anyone know why UL a320 4r-abo as per flightradar24 has only done cmb-kmg on the 30th Dec and has been inactive since....did it even fly back to cmb??

Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Mr. Cooray said the THASL has urged the national carrier that this was not the time to withdraw from Europe. “What we are told being discussed is that the airline may retain Frankfurt. But we urge that both Paris and Frankfurt are retained.”He said Europeans are finding it difficult to travel to Islamic countries due to political unrest. Places like Turkey, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Eqypt are popular summer destinations frequented by millions of Germans and French who now find it more and uncomfortable to visit these locations.
    It is a fact that SriLankan (UL) should not pull out of European destinations at this point. Among the reasons UL doesn't get sufficient customers at present is, it's lack of competitiveness, from the passengers' point of view. UL has to improve it's standards on cabin services/products. Introduction of new A330-300s is a good decision towards gaining back it's past popularity with customers. During the years of recent past, UL was more seen as a competing airline with regional low cost carriers than as a competitor at full fledged carrier market, even though it is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    does anyone know why UL a320 4r-abo as per flightradar24 has only done cmb-kmg on the 30th Dec and has been inactive since....did it even fly back to cmb??
    According to Flightstats, UL829 from KMG was cancelled on the 31/Dec for some unknown reasons. I could also notice UL's LHR flights have been delayed since 1-Jan. 4R-ALQ is the only work-horse for UL503/4 for last three days. @Haleef - Do you know why? 4R-ALG & 4R-ADE are undergoing lease-return checks. Our new 4R-ALR undergoing pre-flight checks, which will be start flying the UL revenue flights from coming weekend.

4R-ALQ A330-343 (1687) Flight Timings for last 3 days,

01-JAN - CMB-LHR - 12:55 - 19:26 - UL503 - LHR-CMB - 20:58 - 12:33 - UL504
    02-JAN - CMB-LHR - 13:47 - 20:11 - UL503 - LHR-CMB - 21:38 - 12:59 - UL504
    03-JAN - CMB-LHR - 14:18 - 20:54 - UL503 - LHR-CMB - 22:15 - 14:15 - UL504