This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    i doubt he will fly to Tirupati on 4R-ALL or any other widebody A/C as the runway at TIR is just around 22000meters
    I was told that because of VVIP movement at airport several other flights get delayed.

Comment

i doubt he will fly to Tirupati on 4R-ALL or any other widebody A/C as the runway at TIR is just around 22000meters
      where has the 4R-ABO gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
        On return journey from Paris UL 564 ( 4R-ALD) delayed by more than 29 hrs. Could be a mechanical problem? It is flying now as UL 564D
        4R-ALD flying to Singapore today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          4R-ALD flying to Singapore today.
          Ul 564 ( 4R-ALD) was delayed from Paris on outbound journey. It was on time from CMB to CDG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
            http://airlineroute.net/2014/12/08/ac-dxb-w15/

Will UL & AC codeshare UL DXB Flight?
            This is a good option for Srilankans living in Toronto. I think UL should codeshare with AC.Now EK flies 3 times a week on YYZ-DXB route using 380

Comment

2200m is enough for A330.

Not sure if this runway has enough structural strength to support A330.
              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                4R-ALA back in service from maintanance as of today she operated on CMB>BKK>HKG UL422. Any idea if 4R-ALA got new seats like 4R-ALD? 4R-ALD seats looks lovely. Interior work for 4R-ALM has been completed and she flew the first acceptance flight yesterday so we can expect she will be coming to her new home (CMB) by the end Dec. But notsure why 4R-ALD not in service again since yesterday.
                is 4r-alc in hangar now for retrofittation?? cz no movements since 08dec

Comment

• Any idea about UL1? Is it a VVIP Flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                    This is a good option for Srilankans living in Toronto. I think UL should codeshare with AC.Now EK flies 3 times a week on YYZ-DXB route using 380
                    EY also does 3 flights a week using a 77W. Both EY and EK flights are generally full. I was wondering why both only do 3 flights a week and then I found out its because the Canadian government won't release slots, protecting AC.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajutoms View Post
                      Any idea about UL1? Is it a VVIP Flight?
                      Looks like it. It was UL1 when he flew to Kathmandu for SAARC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sali View Post
                        beijing-colombo dominate by ul, now more chinese use ul to reach middle east , male as well as some European destinations.
                        SriLankan Airlines sees load factors to China exceeding 90%, according to CAPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                          SriLankan Airlines sees load factors to China exceeding 90%, according to CAPA.
                          Good news! i think SriLankan has to increase more flights to their existing destinations : Beijing, Shanghai and they should consider flying nonstop flights to Guangzhou. Nishantha said to TTG Asia, that SriLankan Airlines is waiting for the delivery of new aircraft before embarking on major expansion plans in Australia, China and India. SriLankan is planning to add two more destinations in China to it's network. Not sure about the name of those two new destinations and when they are going to be launched. SriLankan planning to double the frequency to Delhi and Mumbai and contemplating to resume flights to Melbourne and Sydney from next year. SriLankan better take advantage of China routes before other airlines take even more advantage. SriLankan currently have China flights as below

CMB-PEK-___ - 2 WEEKLY
                          CMB-PVG-___ - 2 WEEKLY
                          CMB-KMG-___ - 3 WEEKLY
                          CMB-CKG-___ - 1 WEEKLY (seasonal)
                          CMB-HRI-PEK - 2 WEEKLY
                          CMB-HRI-PVG - 2 WEEKLY
                          CMB-BKK-CAN - 4 WEEKLY
                          CMB-BKK-HKG - 3 WEEKLY

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                            is 4r-alc in hangar now for retrofittation?? cz no movements since 08dec
                            4R-ALC is flying as normal - http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/4r-alc

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              Good news! i think SriLankan has to increase more flights to their existing destinations : Beijing, Shanghai and they should consider flying nonstop flights to Guangzhou. Nishantha said to TTG Asia, that SriLankan Airlines is waiting for the delivery of new aircraft before embarking on major expansion plans in Australia, China and India. SriLankan is planning to add two more destinations in China to it's network. Not sure about the name of those two new destinations and when they are going to be launched. SriLankan planning to double the frequency to Delhi and Mumbai and contemplating to resume flights to Melbourne and Sydney from next year. SriLankan better take advantage of China routes before other airlines take even more advantage. SriLankan currently have China flights as below

CMB-PEK-___ - 2 WEEKLY
                              CMB-PVG-___ - 2 WEEKLY
                              CMB-KMG-___ - 3 WEEKLY
                              CMB-CKG-___ - 1 WEEKLY (seasonal)
                              CMB-HRI-PEK - 2 WEEKLY
                              CMB-HRI-PVG - 2 WEEKLY
                              CMB-BKK-CAN - 4 WEEKLY
                              CMB-BKK-HKG - 3 WEEKLY
                              I think they should stop flying via HRI. May be the reason for Guangzhou flight via BKK load factor its not like PEK,PVG load factor is bit less

Comment

• Originally posted by Sali View Post
                                I think they should stop flying via HRI. May be the reason for Guangzhou flight via BKK load factor its not like PEK,PVG load factor is bit less
                                Yeah we wish but I doubt they will stop flying via HRI because SL GOV are trying to keep the aircraft movements at HRI and they are trying to mull the traffic of Maldives-China via HRI. Perhaps UL have to increase the frequency of Colombo nonstop flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai.

Comment

Working...
                                X