This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
    Is UL 4R-ALD equipped with the new business class and is it reconfigured with 18 Business class or 12 seats. Thanks.
    4R-ALD has got 18/251 according to UL sources. @Haleef or Sakith - Do you any pictures of new cabin of 4R-ALD?

I heard SriLankan's 4R-ALA and 4R-ALB have now been leased back from Apollo Aviation Group after Air Castle sold the aircraft on the 31 October 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
      Why doesn't UL fly nonstop flights Hong Kong, ? I would think it would be very successful for UL.
      Now that CX has been flying the nonstop flights to CMB for nearly a month, how are their load factors? Achieving the results they had hoped for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
        Now that CX has been flying the nonstop flights to CMB for nearly a month, how are their load factors? Achieving the results they had hoped for?
        Not good

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
          Not good
          Yeah i agree with you SriLankan should be flying nonstop flights to Hong Kong and it will be better if they stop operating Beijing and Shanghai flights via HRI. They should consider adding Chengdu in the network. Colombo geographically better transit point for passengers fly between China and Africa. But UL management has to plan and promote the China-Africa market correctly.

Any body know the list of flights operated between Colombo and Africa in the past?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
            Not good
            How is HKG-MLE route by CX?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              Yeah i agree with you SriLankan should be flying nonstop flights to Hong Kong and it will be better if they stop operating Beijing and Shanghai flights via HRI. They should consider adding Chengdu in the network. Colombo geographically better transit point for passengers fly between China and Africa. But UL management has to plan and promote the China-Africa market correctly.

Any body know the list of flights operated between Colombo and Africa in the past?

UL had flights to JNB in the 1990s operated by a A340-300. Lasted only for 3 months. When BAs BA Asia Subsidiary was active in 1980/90 BA had a B747-200 service from HKG to JNB via CMB. My father used to take this flight from HKG to CMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                UL had flights to JNB in the 1990s operated by a A340-300. Lasted only for 3 months. When BAs BA Asia Subsidiary was active in 1980/90 BA had a B747-200 service from HKG to JNB via CMB. My father used to take this flight from HKG to CMB.
                Additionally Air Lanka had flights to Durban via Johannesburg, Air Ceylon had flights to Gatwick via Cairo and Korean Airlines had a DC10 service to Tripoli via Dammam.

For instance on June 4, 1996 when Sri Lanka's national airlineAir Lanka flew into South Africa, 100 Tamils demonstrated in Durban. The LTTE placards said "Sri Lanka go home, Stop fighting before flying." To satisfy the Indian community, the placards also called for South Indian intervention in Sri Lanka. Durban, a strong Indian Tamil community was the first stop of the flight. Air Lanka flew both to Durban and Johannesburg. Through their ANC colleagues, the LTTE monitored the deliberations of the Sri Lankan delegation engaged in promoting the airline. The delegation had arrived in South Africa on May 28, 1996. LTTE also infiltrated Travel Directions (Pty) the Air Lanka General Sales Agent in South Africa. For economic reasons, Air Lanka stopped flying to South Africa from April 1, 1997. Sri Lanka continued to make efforts to influence South Africa in her favour. For instance, Justice and Constitutional Affairs Minister Dr G.L. Pieris met with his counterpart in South Africa early 1997. But, without a Sri Lankan mission in South Africa, Colombo could not advance its foreign policy goals because the LTTE propaganda machinery was already operational : http://www.sinhaya.com/SA_Connection.htm
                Air Lanka terminated flights to South Africa after protest by Tamilians to stop the UL service to JNB and DUR. I think SriLankan should resume Durban/Johannesburg and start Nairobi/Dar Es Salaam service.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT_c3ZkAfg

guys please watch this vdeo
                  i think this is the interior of UL's 4r-ald looks lovely

Comment

• Paint work for 4R-ALM finished. today she came back to TLS. looking forward to see the pics!!

Date From To Flight STD ATD STA Status
                    * All dates and times are in UTC timezone
                    2014-11-22 - Toulouse (TLS) 12:34 12:34 - Landed 13:15

Originally posted by 330_340 View Post
                    Hi from Chateauroux again,

I have news pics for your ... A330-343 with registration "4R-ALM ( F-WWKF )".
                    Châteauroux (LFLX or CHR) is a pleasant place for airplanes, specialy for Airbus.
                    They come to get livrery ... some weeks before delivrery !!
                    "4R-ALM" will live LFLX in a fornight, back to TLS.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT_c3ZkAfg

guys please watch this vdeo
                      i think this is the interior of UL's 4r-ald looks lovely
                      Nice video. Cabin looks new!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        Air Lanka terminated flights to South Africa after protest by Tamilians to stop the UL service to JNB and DUR. I think SriLankan should resume Durban/Johannesburg service.
                        That was a 'dead loss' route. Don't think the time is ripe to start flights back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                          That was a 'dead loss' route. Don't think the time is ripe to start flights back!
                          What do you think of SriLankan flying Colombo-Nairobi-Dar es Salaam-Colombo route?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                            Well if you look at all major airlines are eyeing on this route in strategic commercial perspective, China to Soth/East Africa is one of the strongest and highest yield market with steady demand. Which was domonated by South African and Kenya Airways, which now been eyed by main middle eastern carriers. However geographical location wise UL has benefit of optimum path to serve this if we are using right metal, better service & strategic fares.

Comment

• 4r-alm

Hi,
                              I have some good news from Châteauroux......
                              The "4R-ALM" has its livrery !!!

Taken yesterday ( 11/22nd ) just before take-off runway 21. On the back to TLS ( LFBO )

Please enjoy !!!
                              I did my best.

330_340
                              Best regards.
                              330_340

https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340/

Comment

• Originally posted by 330_340 View Post
                                Hi,
                                I have some good news from Châteauroux......
                                The "4R-ALM" has its livrery !!!

Taken yesterday ( 11/22nd ) just before take-off runway 21. On the back to TLS ( LFBO )

Please enjoy !!!
                                I did my best.

330_340
                                beautiful pics!!! can anyone make out its name "City of -----"??

Comment

Working...
                                X