Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are few more pictures of 4R-ALL when she was departing from London Heathrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Here are few more pictures of 4R-ALL when she was departing from London Heathrow!
      Lovely pics

Comment

Here are few more pictures of 4R-ALL when she was departing from London Heathrow!
        Nice Pic. By the way MJ 4R-MRD is not in service for past two days. Any reason?

Comment

Wow

Comment

Lovely ! Thank you very much.

Comment

• Awesome pix. Do we know when will be the last revenue flight for 4R-ADA?
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines is gearing to go to Africa; initially to Nairobi in Kenya, Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and Johannesburg in South Africa, in a bid to leverage on Chinese transit passengers via Colombo, Kapila Chandrasena, CEO SriLankan told the Business Times on the sidelines of the launch of its new wide body A330-300 aircraft last week. He said currently the national carrier is doing the analysis and modelling on routes to Africa. “We’ll be taking a decision on this by next winter,” he said. e said the national carrier will expand to the broader Asian region and that December will see them fly to Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province, China while Melbourne is on the cards. According to the IATA (International Air Transport Association), the highest growth in the air transport will be centered mainly on the Asia Pacific region, fuelled by India and China. “This is why we aim our future expansions in the Asian region,” Mr. Chandrasena said, reiterating that this move will fetch critical mass into the airline. (source : Sunday Times 8/11/2014)
                Good news!! But do we have sufficient aircrafts for expansion ? Do you think SriLankan can make China-Africa route successful?

Comment

Good news!! But do we have sufficient aircrafts for expansion ? Do you think SriLankan can make China-Africa route successful?
                  I hope they have done a proper feasibility on route viability unlike previous JNB operation. But that being said, I agree with the CEO comment, there is a huge amount of Chinese traffic to tap into

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                    I hope they have done a proper feasibility on route viability unlike previous JNB operation. But that being said, I agree with the CEO comment, there is a huge amount of Chinese traffic to tap into
                    Currently UL operates 4 weekly flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou. Some of these flights are operating via HRI and some via BKK They also operate 1 weekly seasonal service to Chongqing and four weekly Kunming service starting from 1st Dec 2014. I believe UL's current frequencies to China is not sufficient for competetion. ET already flies Daily nonstop flights to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in China. KQ operates daily flights to only Guangzhou in China and SA operates three weekly service to only Beijing in China. So UL should be operating daily flights to main stations like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou with Daily nonstop flights. China's Chengdu also should be added to the network as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                      China is the best destination for any company wanting to make big money. SriLankan Airlines should look into more China destinations.

Comment

Its fare too early to venture into the African continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lankaavi View Post
                          China is the best destination for any company wanting to make big money. SriLankan Airlines should look into more China destinations.
                          I think they SHould do some improvement in HK sector since 1986 they fly 3 times a week via bkk

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                            I think they SHould do some improvement in HK sector since 1986 they fly 3 times a week via bkk
                            Small correction. UL used to operate four weekly on BKK-HKG in 2000-2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                              Its fare too early to venture into the African continent.
                              Why do you think it's too early for UL to venture into the African continent? Mihin is already doing well in Seychelles route. I think SriLankan is better start the Nairobi (with 4 weekly) and Johannesburg (with 3 weekly) routes before other local airlines take even more advantage of China-Africa connection. I am not sure if Addis Ababa will work for UL.

Comment

....ET already flies Daily nonstop flights to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in China. KQ operates daily flights to only Guangzhou in China and SA operates three weekly service to only Beijing in China...
                                & EK operates...EY...QR

Comment

Working...
                                X