Sri Lanka Aviation


 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 470 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 9386
  1. #6421
    Quote Originally Posted by edthenna View Post
    ...
    I propose members to rethink my argument....did they really lose their Frequent flyers of Europe & North America to ME3 carriers or not? I know they lost, and what number of them were premium travelers? Did UL gain back those lost to their current frequent flyer program?...
    Loss of UL Premium passengers; was mainly due to quality of the product and service was not par with ME3 or any Asian airlines.

  2. #6422
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1

    SriLankan Airlines to begin flights to Vishakapatnam

    SriLankan Airlines would be starting a scheduled service to Vishakapatnam commencing on the 15th of February 2016

    http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2908171.ece
    Last edited by Aaqib; 18-11-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Additional data

  3. #6423
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    SriLankan Airlines would be starting a scheduled service to Vishakapatnam commencing on the 15th of February 2016

    http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2908171.ece
    Thanks for the news! Wow! How did you findout UL to commence VTZ flights from 15 Feb 2016. Good to hear its going to be finally materialised but They have been planning this route for over 2 years.

  4. #6424
    Quote Originally Posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
    Hello
    As you may already know it is now flying to heathrow under UL503
    I don't think they will expans the network because there is no addition to the fleet in fact as another aircraft is about to e taken away from the service. ALG lease return check is
    Scheduled to be started by 15th of December... ADF was in hangar for a couple of weeks and now she is about to rejoin the fleet and will fly until late January as far as I kmow ( or probably until ALG is finished) ...
    Cheers
    Is 4R-ALG going to be scrapped? Can't UL be able to extend the lease agreements for those A332s if they are in the flying condition for next few years? UL recently announced they will cancel the european routes (exc LHR) so no point of having A350 in the fleet when they have a very few long haul routes. So I feel that UL better delay the A350 deliveries until they back to normal. May be those 3 A350 ordered from ILFC should be cancelled or changed to A332s instead of A350s. UL should be taking the direct orders of 4 A350 from Airbus to avoid the heavy penalty charges for cancelling the order. In my humble opinion only LHR & NRT are capable of meeting the demand of UL's A350 other long haul routes easily be served by A332/A333s.

  5. #6425
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    SriLankan Airlines would be starting a scheduled service to Vishakapatnam commencing on the 15th of February 2016

    http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2908171.ece
    I hope UL takes their word with Indian expansion, and adds IXE, PNQ, AMD and resume their old CJB & CCJ flights. There's so much potential for SriLankan to take this traffic now that India is tightening bilateral expansion.

  6. #6426
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1

    Saudia to Commence JED-MLE-CMB Route

    SV JED-CMB to operate via MLE but without 5th freedom rights.
    Saudia in summer 2016 season is introducing scheduled operation to Maldives, on board 341-seater (J14Y327) Boeing 777-200ER aircraft. From 30MAR16, the Skyteam member will be offering twice weekly operation on Jeddah – Male – Colombo route, operating on Wednesdays and Sundays.
    SV786 JED0035 – 0805MLE0925 – 1130CMB 772 37
    SV787 CMB1310 – 1410MLE1530 – 1915JED 772 37


    Last edited by Aaqib; 19-11-2015 at 03:00 AM.

  7. #6427
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
    I hope UL takes their word with Indian expansion, and adds IXE, PNQ, AMD and resume their old CJB & CCJ flights. There's so much potential for SriLankan to take this traffic now that India is tightening bilateral expansion.
    I agree with you....they should benefit quite a bit from increasing frequencies to the Indian Sub-continent.....they should also take GOI and HYD into consideration
    @abhijith16 any information on the re-naming of the TRZ airport?

  8. #6428
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    I agree with you....they should benefit quite a bit from increasing frequencies to the Indian Sub-continent.....they should also take GOI and HYD into consideration
    @abhijith16 any information on the re-naming of the TRZ airport?
    Yes yes, HYD, PNQ, AMD has to be timed to connect to Southeast Asia, while IXE, CCJ, CJB, GOI should be timed to both GCC and Southeast Asia. SriLankan has to reinvigorate the old India strategy.

    P.S - I don't think they are renaming TRZ at all.
    Last edited by abhijith16; 19-11-2015 at 04:48 AM.

  9. #6429
    QR A321 A7-AIB has positioned itself to shannon as per QR SOURCE.COM. Is this by any chance the 3rd A321 for UL??

  10. #6430
    Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    QR A321 A7-AIB has positioned itself to shannon as per QR SOURCE.COM. Is this by any chance the 3rd A321 for UL??
    It says it's headed for Maintenance, so probably not.

  11. #6431
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
    It says it's headed for Maintenance, so probably not.
    But as per QR SOURCE.COM, a321 a7-aia had maintenance done in Doha itself. hence thats why i was wondering.

  12. #6432
    Junior Member mohamed_naqeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Is 4R-ALG going to be scrapped? Can't UL be able to extend the lease agreements for those A332s if they are in the flying condition for next few years? UL recently announced they will cancel the european routes (exc LHR) so no point of having A350 in the fleet when they have a very few long haul routes. So I feel that UL better delay the A350 deliveries until they back to normal. May be those 3 A350 ordered from ILFC should be cancelled or changed to A332s instead of A350s. UL should be taking the direct orders of 4 A350 from Airbus to avoid the heavy penalty charges for cancelling the order. In my humble opinion only LHR & NRT are capable of meeting the demand of UL's A350 other long haul routes easily be served by A332/A333s.
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6553687/

  13. #6433
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
    I hope UL takes their word with Indian expansion, and adds IXE, PNQ, AMD and resume their old CJB & CCJ flights. There's so much potential for SriLankan to take this traffic now that India is tightening bilateral expansion.
    Lots of South Indian passengers fly to Europe via CMB. If UL cancels most of their European routes,then it will affect Indian routes also according to my opinion.
    Last edited by channa; 19-11-2015 at 11:59 PM.

  14. #6434
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Is 4R-ALG going to be scrapped? Can't UL be able to extend the lease agreements for those A332s if they are in the flying condition for next few years? UL recently announced they will cancel the european routes (exc LHR) so no point of having A350 in the fleet when they have a very few long haul routes. So I feel that UL better delay the A350 deliveries until they back to normal. May be those 3 A350 ordered from ILFC should be cancelled or changed to A332s instead of A350s. UL should be taking the direct orders of 4 A350 from Airbus to avoid the heavy penalty charges for cancelling the order. In my humble opinion only LHR & NRT are capable of meeting the demand of UL's A350 other long haul routes easily be served by A332/A333s.
    Hello

    No ALG is not going to be scrapped. It's scheduled as a mod+lease return which means aircraft cabin configuration will be modified as a part of the lease return check.
    As far as i know it will be reconfigured to full EY.
    Since UL is very concerned about the young fleet concept they will anyway retire those 332s and it's a very good decision I must say. Because the cabin condition of those olf aircrafts are very hard to maintain with old equipment and specially we struggle a lot with seats of ALG.

    Cheers

  15. #6435
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    I agree with you....they should benefit quite a bit from increasing frequencies to the Indian Sub-continent.....they should also take GOI and HYD into consideration
    @abhijith16 any information on the re-naming of the TRZ airport?
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Lots of South Indian passengers fly to Europe via CMB. If UL cancels most of their European routes,then it will affect Indian routes also according to my opinion.
    UL better continue serving LHR & FRA. Lots of passengers from India, Far east and Maldives are flying onboard UL to access LHR & FRA which are the current key destinations and these airports gives convienient connections towards other airports in the west. However UL should be cancelling the flights Rome and Paris. I would like to see UL expanding in Japan, China, India & Saudia. In the future UL better consider operating Toronto via LHR and New York via FRA to make it profitable.

  16. #6436
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1

    More Domestic Airports

    2016 Budget Proposals;
    Three new domestic airports to be built in Badulla, Digana and Puttalam areas: Government Sources

    My personal opinion would be to work on the Ratmalana Airport as its in quite a state and also Katunayake needs a bit more attention to come into par with other major airports in Asia.
    Opening airports in Badulla and Digana maybe okay as it would provide a quick link to Nuwara Eliya and the Central Province but why Puttalam?

  17. #6437
    Loss making SriLankan Airlines will drop all its remaining European services with exception of LHR.
    Under its ‘Red to Black Programme’ services to Frankfurt, Paris and Rome will be discontinued.

  18. #6438
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Loss making SriLankan Airlines will drop all its remaining European services with exception of LHR.
    Under its ‘Red to Black Programme’ services to Frankfurt, Paris and Rome will be discontinued.
    According to Budget Sri Lankan Airlines total outstading debt is at Rs.157 billion

  19. #6439
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Loss making SriLankan Airlines will drop all its remaining European services with exception of LHR.
    Under its ‘Red to Black Programme’ services to Frankfurt, Paris and Rome will be discontinued.
    Its sad to see EU routes (except LHR) goes out, but from business point of view it make sense.

    Question for few experts in the forum - Does the OneWorld alliance making money for UL or does it costing too?

  20. #6440
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    1

    FitsAir MD 82 in operation

    FitsAir operating Cargo flights from BLR to CMB on their MD82
    Notice the similar flight number to UL's scheduled BLR flights
    Hope UL and FitsAir team up and launch a few domestic flights soon

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts