This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
    Think I discussed this in detail earlier as well. CMB-SYD/MEL-CMB wont work on a stand alone basis. AUS to CMB has to be carefully planned with continuing traffic to Europe. Air India that has launched DEL-MEL/SYD-DEL is performing very badly. (Mind you there is a bigger Indian Community in AUS than SL). UL operates a small J cabin and Y fares have to be competitive. All this whilst balancing yields. Coming to AUS has to be planned carefully.
    I hope you're aware that Malaysia Airlines cutting flights to Europe and it's going to codeshare with their Oneworld parter SriLankan on the Europe routes. So I am thinking SriLankan better take advantage over Malaysia Airlines's current situation and grab the opportunity to transport the Australian passengers to Europe via CMB.

All of the SriLankan's brand new A333s are configured with 28 Business class seats, so SriLankan can make money out of the high-spenders. SriLankan currently planned to operate the brand-new A333s to destination where is the good demand for business class. We can expect all these new A333s will be utilised to serve mainly Orient and Far East destinations like Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Bangkok, Hong Kong etc.. You can't compare Air India with SriLankan. In my opnion Air India is one of the worst airline in the world.. even if they operate the new B787s etc. Still most of the overseas passengers loved to fly with SriLankan.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      I hope you're aware that Malaysia Airlines cutting flights to Europe and it's going to codeshare with their Oneworld parter SriLankan on the Europe routes.
      Is this actually confirmed? Wouldn't it make more sense for MH to codeshare with QR to Europe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
        The first Revenue flight is to Canton on the 9th of November.. Then later on to Narita
        I wouldn't be surprised , if the 9 th NOV ALSO gets postponed.

Comment

According to Flightglobal & Ceylon Independent, Mihin Lanka is looking add more Airbuses in the coming years. A 112 seater, A319 joining the fleet in March 2015 and followed by two A320 joining in 2016 and 2017. With an addition of A319, Mihin is going to introduce direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Chittagong and Kathmandu during the Summer 2015 schedule. It is also looking to increase more flights to existing destinations. Mihin Lanka currently operates an A320 and two A321s and serving destinations in Bahrain, Dhaka, Gaya, Jakarta, Madurai, Medan, Seychelles, Sharjah, Varanaci and introducing new flights to Lahore effective 17/11/2014.
          Originally posted by 88gee View Post
          DAMN HAPPY WITH THE NEW move A319 . once I mentioned here that MJ or UL must introduce new routes with A319 or A318 so once the new rout become popular they can shift it to a regular A320/330 .

yes Royal Nepal Airline visited sri lanka long ago I hv a docket provided by Gabo travels , in that KLM n RNA are mentioned . will try to put a photo on tht
          Sri Lanka-Nepal to start a direct airlink : http://khabarsouthasia.com/en_GB/art.../06/feature-02

Comment

• Sri Lanka's other state-owned airline, Sri Lankan Airlines, will likely begin its own direct service to Kathmandu once it completes renewal of its long-haul fleet, the ambassador said.
            UL and MJ should avoid flying to same destinations.....

Comment

It seems SriLankan's second A330-343E, 4R-ALM (F-WWKF/MSN 1583) was sent to TLS-flightline on the 22/10/2014.
              F-WWKF flew the first test flight on 3/11/2014 and sent to Chatteauroux for paint work on 4/11/2014. [Picture]

Comment

F-WWKF flew the first test flight on 3/11/2014 and sent to Chatteauroux for paint work on 4/11/2014. [Picture]
                What will be the name of 4R-ALM?

Comment

wow the second new bird

Comment

• Originally posted by AirCeylon View Post
                    wow the second new bird
                    4R-ALM

source : https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                      Wow.....i wonder if UL is gonna get the Oneworld livery on any of the A333s?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                        Wow.....i wonder if UL is gonna get the Oneworld livery on any of the A333s?
                        Yes. UL better take delivery of one A333 with Oneworld livery. It will be expensive if they repaint the A333 in Colombo.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                          Is this actually confirmed? Wouldn't it make more sense for MH to codeshare with QR to Europe?
                          Malaysia Airlines may cancel some European flights & reduce some Australia routes effective S15. As per my knowledge, in the codeshare agreement, one of the leg has to be operated by one of the codeshare partner. In this case MH doesn't operate direct flights to Doha so they can't codeshare on European destinations out of Doha using QR metal.

So I think it's a good chance for UL to launch direct flights to Australia!!

PETALING JAYA - Malaysian Airlines System Bhd is expected to cut as much as 25% of the capacity of its network in 2015, which would spell bad news for Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) as 2.2 million seats vanish from its airports, all of which are international passengers that provide the highest revenue per passenger.

Maybank Investment Bank Research analyst Moshin Aziz estimates MAS, which had indicated plans to focus on regional routes within the sphere of Asia and Australia, to terminate up to six international routes namely Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Dubai and Kunming.

He also reckons that MAS to further cut or reduce another routes – Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin, Brisbane, Kochi and Osaka – as part of its restructuring plan.

"We estimate as many as 18-19 aircraft will need to be taken out of the fleet due to these route cuts alone. For MAHB, this is bad news as 2.2 million seats will vanish from its airports, all of which are international passengers that provide the highest revenue per pax," he said in his report last Thursday.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/in...#ixzz3INRgaAgf
                          Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

Comment

Malaysia Airlines may cancel some European flights & reduce some Australia routes effective S15. As per my knowledge, in the codeshare agreement, one of the leg has to be operated by one of the codeshare partner. In this case MH doesn't operate direct flights to Doha so they can't codeshare on European destinations out of Doha using QR metal.

So I think it's a good chance for UL to launch direct flights to Australia!!
                            Srilankan should also consider resuming flights to Amsterdam at least 3 times per week. Same as Frankfurt, it is a good transit point for European and North American passengers.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                              Srilankan should also consider resuming flights to Amsterdam at least 3 times per week. Same as Frankfurt, it is a good transit point for European and North American passengers.
                              Agreed, what I've always thought! This year and even last year, they had more Dutch nationals visit the country than Italians (where UL flies) and Switzerland (Where UL has been flying on an off). I am sure that by the end of 2016, KLM will announce flights to Sri Lanka. With its amount of connections it has within Europe and North America, it will be a successful, potentially more so than if UL commenced on the route.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLAA View Post
                                Agreed, what I've always thought! This year and even last year, they had more Dutch nationals visit the country than Italians (where UL flies) and Switzerland (Where UL has been flying on an off). I am sure that by the end of 2016, KLM will announce flights to Sri Lanka. With its amount of connections it has within Europe and North America, it will be a successful, potentially more so than if UL commenced on the route.
                                Because of Emirates / Etihad /Qatar Most of the International Airlines are cutting down there routes... For Example Oz-Europe Sector / India - Us Sector / far East - Eu Sectors.. Is it because of Fuel? I hope there should be some airline to Competitive with them

Comment

Working...
                                X