X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Rotana Jet quit Hambantota?

Comment

• Who did this strange ad for Mihin Lahore service?

Last edited by newsflasher; 03-11-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
        Has Rotana Jet quit Hambantota?
        How did you findout Rotanajet going to quit the flights to Hambantota? Curiously I just checked the Rotanajet flight booking site which shows Hambantota booking is available though out the W14. Unfortunately Rotana's AUH-CMB-HRI-AUH service going to be downgraded from two weekly to once weekly in S15. Wondering if Rotanajet making loss in Sri Lanka route.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          How did you findout Rotanajet going to quit the flights to Hambantota? Curiously I just checked the Rotanajet flight booking site which shows Hambantota booking is available though out the W14. Unfortunately Rotana's AUH-CMB-HRI-AUH service going to be downgraded from two weekly to once weekly in S15. Wondering if Rotanajet making loss in Sri Lanka route.
          RotanaJet flew to HRI yesterday: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...pe=0&x=17&y=14

Comment

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
            Could somebody care to translate this please? The only things I understood were 'SriLankan Airlines' and 'A330-300' and 'WiFi'.....

Regards
            Jish
            Setting a new milestone in the Sri Lankan aviation history, a brand new Airbus A330 aircraft was delivered and inducted to SriLankan Airlines' fleet.

Manufactured by the French company Airbus, this brand new aircraft is an Airbus A330-300 with the latest technology and luxurious features.

This aircraft has a seating capacity of 297 including 28 business class seats.

A total of 6 A330-300s and 8 A350-900 aircraft are to be delivered by to SriLankan Airlines by 2020.

Kapila Chandrasena: According to our 5 year plan, we are to replace the 13 wide-body aircraft of SriLankan Airlines with brand new aircraft starting from this year to finish by 2020.
            This is the 1st aircraft, 2nd one is expected in December, and the other 4 will be delivered within next year.
            An A330-300 aircraft is capable of burning less fuel compared to an existing A340-200 (300?) thereby to reduce 6-8% in fuel costs.

This aircraft, A330-300, has special features including the Thales Avant IFE system, mood lighting and WiFi. SriLankan Airlines is said to be the worlds first customer to
            receive an aircraft with Thales Avant IFE on-board an A330-300.

Flights are scheduled to start in the next month (December) with the new aircraft.

Captain Perera: As a Sri Lankan and as a pilot of SriLankan Airlines it is a very proud day for us. Today, along with me Captain
            Janaka Perera and Captain Ranga, flew the aircraft from Toulouse to Colombo. In our history this is the
            2nd time that we bought new aircraft, therefore its a very proud day for us. Delivering this aircraft would
            be a story that I could tell my kids and my nieces and nephews in the future.

Including the aircraft delivered today, a total of 12 aircraft are to be delivered within the next few years. Thereby SriLankan Airlines is aiming to provide a better service towards the passengers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
              There was an aricle about Rptana shifting ops to AUH and DWC from Bateen and DXB, it only mentioned Colombo and not Hambantota as destinations served outside the Gulf, so wondered if they had left.

Rotana Jet, which was set up in 2011, offers international flights to Salalah, Bahrain, Muscat and Colombo, while offering flights within to the UAE to Al Ain and Fujairah among other destinations.
              Last edited by newsflasher; 03-11-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
                Banuthev - UL certainly seem to be heading the right way for now: a decent hard product, member of a major alliance, etc. Now, its all down to the soft product, such as food, crew (crew I've seen to be largely on the positive side, but I've read some not-so-nice things, too ), routes offered, etc. With these fixed, UL are well on their way to be a 4 or 5 star airline

Huge congratulations to UL on their induction of the A330-300. I haven't seen anything more exciting than this, I can only imagine would the atmosphere will be like when the A350s come in soon! Its a long shot, but I hope to try this new bird on some route

Regards
                Jish
                Looking at the reviews on skytrax the recent reviews have been quite positive. I hope this helps them to move to a 4 star airline.
                Read Verified [name] customer reviews, view [name] Photos, check customer ratings and opinions about [name] standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roshan View Post
                  Looking at the reviews on skytrax the recent reviews have been quite positive. I hope this helps them to move to a 4 star airline.
                  http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/sri_lan.htm
                  Seems like lots of Australians using CMB-FCO-CMB flight. I think UL should consider increasing frequency

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                    Seems like lots of Australians using CMB-FCO-CMB flight. I think UL should consider increasing frequency
                    It looks like UL is benefiting as MH is using UL's metal to access Rome these days (MH Codeshare with UL). That's why recently UL upgraded the capacity to Rome with 3 x A343. I heard MH is also going to terminate direct flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt from Summer 2015. so UL should consider flying direct to Australia (using brand new A333) and increasing current frequency of flights to Paris (now 4 weekly) and Frankfurt (now Winter = 5 weekly, Summer=4 weekly) and Kuala Lumpur ( now 14 weekly)

Comment

• Biman Bangladesh Airlines is once again planning to fly Colombo and Male, according to Dhaka Tribune. Will Biman be able to materialize the Colombo route this time?

Comment

Biman Bangladesh Airlines is once again planning to fly Colombo and Male, according to Dhaka Tribune. Will Biman be able to materialize the Colombo route this time?
                        unless Biman come up with a price lower than MJ, they will fail big time!!! The last bangladeshi airline to operated on this route was BestAir with a Boeing 737-200Adv....it was cancelled within weeks
                        Last edited by dilushasg-bdavi; 04-11-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

It looks like UL is benefiting as MH is using UL's metal to access Rome these days (MH Codeshare with UL). That's why recently UL upgraded the capacity to Rome with 3 x A343. I heard MH is also going to terminate direct flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt from Summer 2015. so UL should consider flying direct to Australia (using brand new A333) and increasing current frequency of flights to Paris (now 4 weekly) and Frankfurt (now Winter = 5 weekly, Summer=4 weekly) and Kuala Lumpur ( now 14 weekly)
                          What happened to UL plans for CMB SYD MEL route?
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            What happened to UL plans for CMB SYD MEL route?
                            Think I discussed this in detail earlier as well. CMB-SYD/MEL-CMB wont work on a stand alone basis. AUS to CMB has to be carefully planned with continuing traffic to Europe. Air India that has launched DEL-MEL/SYD-DEL is performing very badly. (Mind you there is a bigger Indian Community in AUS than SL). UL operates a small J cabin and Y fares have to be competitive. All this whilst balancing yields. Coming to AUS has to be planned carefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by lansoft View Post
                              Setting a new milestone in the Sri Lankan aviation history, a brand new Airbus A330 aircraft was delivered and inducted to SriLankan Airlines' fleet.

Manufactured by the French company Airbus, this brand new aircraft is an Airbus A330-300 with the latest technology and luxurious features.

This aircraft has a seating capacity of 297 including 28 business class seats.

A total of 6 A330-300s and 8 A350-900 aircraft are to be delivered by to SriLankan Airlines by 2020.

Kapila Chandrasena: According to our 5 year plan, we are to replace the 13 wide-body aircraft of SriLankan Airlines with brand new aircraft starting from this year to finish by 2020.

This is the 1st aircraft, 2nd one is expected in December, and the other 4 will be delivered within next year.
                              An A330-300 aircraft is capable of burning less fuel compared to an existing A340-200 (300?) thereby to reduce 6-8% in fuel costs.

This aircraft, A330-300, has special features including the Thales Avant IFE system, mood lighting and WiFi. SriLankan Airlines is said to be the worlds first customer to
                              receive an aircraft with Thales Avant IFE on-board an A330-300.

Flights are scheduled to start in the next month (December) with the new aircraft.

Captain Perera: As a Sri Lankan and as a pilot of SriLankan Airlines it is a very proud day for us. Today, along with me Captain
                              Janaka Perera and Captain Ranga, flew the aircraft from Toulouse to Colombo. In our history this is the
                              2nd time that we bought new aircraft, therefore its a very proud day for us. Delivering this aircraft would
                              be a story that I could tell my kids and my nieces and nephews in the future.

Including the aircraft delivered today, a total of 12 aircraft are to be delivered within the next few years. Thereby SriLankan Airlines is aiming to provide a better service towards the passengers.
                              lansoft, SriLankan has ordered 6 x A333s and 7 x A359s. I doubt there will be any growth either in fleet size or number of flights until 2020.

Comment

lansoft, SriLankan has ordered 6 x A333s and 7 x A359s. I doubt there will be any growth in fleet size until 2020.
                                The first Revenue flight is to Canton on the 9th of November.. Then later on to Narita
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X