Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text the flight path of SriLankan’s new A330 and win exciting prizes : http://www.news.lk/news/business/ite...xciting-prizes

SOURCE : SRILANKAN AIRLINES / NEWS.LK

Comment

• According to Flightglobal & Ceylon Independent, Mihin Lanka is looking add more Airbuses in the coming years. A 112 seater, A319 joining the fleet in March 2015 and followed by two A320 joining in 2016 and 2017. With an addition of A319, Mihin is going to introduce direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Chittagong and Kathmandu during the Summer 2015 schedule. It is also looking to increase more flights to existing destinations. Mihin Lanka currently operates an A320 and two A321s and serving destinations in Bahrain, Dhaka, Gaya, Jakarta, Madurai, Medan, Seychelles, Sharjah, Varanaci and introducing new flights to Lahore effective 17/11/2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        According to Flightglobal & Ceylon Independent, Mihin Lanka is looking add more Airbuses in the coming years. A 112 seater, A319 joining the fleet in March 2015 and followed by two A320 joining in 2016 and 2017. With an addition of A319, Mihin is going to introduce direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Chittagong and Kathmandu during the Summer 2015 schedule. It is also looking to increase more flights to existing destinations. Mihin Lanka currently operates an A320 and two A321s and serving destinations in Bahrain, Dhaka, Gaya, Jakarta, Madurai, Medan, Seychelles, Sharjah, Varanaci and introducing new flights to Lahore effective 17/11/2014.
        Wow! In the past any direct flights flew between Colombo and Kathmandu, Ho Chi Minh and Chittagong? I doubt A319 can fly nonstop on Colombo-Ho Chi Minh route?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          Wow! In the past any direct flights flew between Colombo and Kathmandu, Ho Chi Minh and Chittagong? I doubt A319 can fly nonstop on Colombo-Ho Chi Minh route?
          there was no direct connection between Colombo and chittagong before!!! i wud be really pleased if it happens!! btw an A319 has a range of 6700-6900km (the highest in the A320 family)...... i recall an Australian Govt. A319 performing direct flights from Christmas Island to CMB to send back refugees

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            there was no direct connection between Colombo and chittagong before!!! i wud be really pleased if it happens!! btw an A319 has a range of 6700-6900km (the highest in the A320 family)...... i recall an Australian Govt. A319 performing direct flights from Christmas Island to CMB to send back refugees
            Great to know that they are starting some sensible route expansion.
            Hope to see the new Airbus aircraft soon
            -Aaqib Hussain
            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

Before there was no direct flights on Colombo-Ho Chi Minh and Colombo-Chittagong routes. I think Royal Nepal Airlines flew once a week on Kathmandu-Colombo onboard B727 in the 1980s.

DatukQQ adalah situs agen PKV GAME terpercaya dengan permainan poker online uang asli dan judi dominoqq online terbaik No 1 Indonesia. ✅winrate88% ✅Banjir Jackpot

Comment

Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                Great to know that they are starting some sensible route expansion.
                Hope to see the new Airbus aircraft soon
                I agree Mihin's new management doing quite well. I'm glad Mihin Lanka now flying different routes instead of competing on the SriLankan Airlines routes i.e. Bangkok, Singapore, Trichy, Delhi, Male', Dubai and Kuwait. but do you think there are sufficient passenger demand between Colombo and Ho Chi Minh, Chittagong and Kathmandu? I think Mihin should consider flying to Yangoon, Phuket, Ahmedabad etc.. A319 is coming on two years lease and it will be replaced by A320 in 2017.

Comment

I agree Mihin's new management doing quite well. I'm glad Mihin Lanka now flying different routes instead of competing on the SriLankan Airlines routes i.e. Bangkok, Singapore, Trichy, Delhi, Male', Dubai and Kuwait. but do you think there are sufficient passenger demand between Colombo and Ho Chi Minh, Chittagong and Kathmandu? I think Mihin should consider flying to Yangoon, Phuket, Ahmedabad etc.. A319 is coming on two years lease and it will be replaced by A320 in 2017.
                  I agree too.

the purpose of a low cost airline is to create new demand and hence tap into uncontested markets (eg: Air Asia, Air Arabia and many other lccs) hence if MJ is trying totally new routes which weren't served before - its in the right direction.

Comment

i dont know about Ho Chi Minh city and Kathmandu......but i have seen many domestic flights between Chittagong and Dhaka filled with Srilankans trying to catch MJ's CMB-DAC flight

Comment

i dont know about Ho Chi Minh city and Kathmandu......but i have seen many domestic flights between Chittagong and Dhaka filled with Srilankans trying to catch MJ's CMB-DAC flight
                      Ah ok.. Why they are using the domestic flights when Mihin Lanka is already providing coach services between Chittagong and Dhaka airports?

Comment

Text the flight path of SriLankan’s new A330 and win exciting prizes : http://www.news.lk/news/business/ite...xciting-prizes

SOURCE : SRILANKAN AIRLINES / NEWS.LK

What is the radio station?

Comment

Ah ok.. Why they are using the domestic flights when Mihin Lanka is already providing coach services between Chittagong and Dhaka airports?
                          well bangladesh is popular for its notorious traffic problems......it would take around 8-10 hours to move between the two cities.........every1 prefers a 30-45minute hop on a B777 or a Dash8

Comment

What are the facts you have for this statement. are they going to make profits? or better say at least going to cut the losses?

Comment

According to Flightglobal & Ceylon Independent, Mihin Lanka is looking add more Airbuses in the coming years. A 112 seater, A319 joining the fleet in March 2015 and followed by two A320 joining in 2016 and 2017. With an addition of A319, Mihin is going to introduce direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Chittagong and Kathmandu during the Summer 2015 schedule. It is also looking to increase more flights to existing destinations. Mihin Lanka currently operates an A320 and two A321s and serving destinations in Bahrain, Dhaka, Gaya, Jakarta, Madurai, Medan, Seychelles, Sharjah, Varanaci and introducing new flights to Lahore effective 17/11/2014.
                              DAMN HAPPY WITH THE NEW move A319 . once I mentioned here that MJ or UL must introduce new routes with A319 or A318 so once the new rout become popular they can shift it to a regular A320/330 .

yes Royal Nepal Airline visited sri lanka long ago I hv a docket provided by Gabo travels , in that KLM n RNA are mentioned . will try to put a photo on tht

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                                What are the facts you have for this statement. are they going to make profits? or better say at least going to cut the losses?
                                I meant to say, since the new management took over Mihin Lanka, Mihin don't compete on SriLankan's routes. It's good Mihin is going to order from Airbus instead of from Boeing. Obviously, Sri Lanka is loosing money because of the poor management decisions. Hopefully it will change!

Comment

Working...
                                X