This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Thanks Haleef. 4R-ABQ flew today as UL157/158 on CMB-HRI-CMB then UL113/114 on CMB-MLE-CMB.
    Wow.. Good to hear that
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines Downloadable System Flight Timetable - http://www.srilankan.com/en-US/plan-and-book/timetable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
        SriLankan Airlines Downloadable System Flight Timetable - http://www.srilankan.com/en-US/plan-and-book/timetable.
        Did u Notice the cover photo on the Timetable page for UL website has 4R-ADD... RIP
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          SriLankan Airlines Downloadable System Flight Timetable - http://www.srilankan.com/en-US/plan-and-book/timetable.
          It's a Cathay Pacific Timetable. Why it's a loaded on the SriLankan Airlines website : http://www.srilankan.com/download/ultimetable.pdf . Confused ;(

Comment

It's a Cathay Pacific Timetable. Why it's a loaded on the SriLankan Airlines website : http://www.srilankan.com/download/ultimetable.pdf . Confused ;(
            same here.......

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
              same here.......
              Hey guys I have been collecting Srilankan Airlines timetable booklets since year 2000. Unfortunately i couldnt get these booklets since last two years. Any idea how to get Summer 2014 timetable booklet from Srilankan? I spoke to local ticket office who says they no longer do these booklets.

Comment

• What are the forum members thoughts on FlySmiles? We have talked about everything except UL loyalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULlove View Post
                  What are the forum members thoughts on FlySmiles? We have talked about everything except UL loyalty.
                  its just alright i feel.
                  maybe they might be better now cz of the ability to redeem miles and rewards on other oneworld member airlines. to be very honest i feel that all FFP's just keeps pulling you in to the same airline every time you travel even if the type of benefits differ from one FFP to another, their sole purpose is to retain business at the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                    its just alright i feel.
                    maybe they might be better now cz of the ability to redeem miles and rewards on other oneworld member airlines. to be very honest i feel that all FFP's just keeps pulling you in to the same airline every time you travel even if the type of benefits differ from one FFP to another, their sole purpose is to retain business at the end of the day.
                    I ve seen other airlines do plenty of mileage bonuses.. I have nt seen UL do that, except during tht period when they were newly crowned oneworld member... I feel it is a very sleepy program compared to British Airways Executive Club or some of its oneworld partners. I wonder why they donot look for new and exciting partners.

Comment

I ve seen other airlines do plenty of mileage bonuses.. I have nt seen UL do that, except during tht period when they were newly crowned oneworld member... I feel it is a very sleepy program compared to British Airways Executive Club or some of its oneworld partners. I wonder why they donot look for new and exciting partners.
                      things move slow I feel too. but let's see. since entry into oneworld they mite do more

Comment

• Cathay Pacific Airways announced that it will enhance its services from Sri Lanka by operating four non- stop flights to Hong Kong commencing 27 October.

Is there any reason why UL doesn't have non-stop flights?

Comment

What are the forum members thoughts on FlySmiles? We have talked about everything except UL loyalty.
                          I think it is managed very badly.

When they started the program back in 2008, I registered online and my membership number was 16! (if I remember correctly).I used to fly UL a great deal those days and I was GOLD on Skywards with over 150K tier miles in that year (Skywards did not have the Platinum tier back then).

I asked UL to match my EK status which most airlines do even if they were not related, but in this case up until that time Skywards was UL's program too. So, the least they could have done was to give me GOLD status on FlySmiles straight away. When my emails were not responded to I called them and they said I have to "earn it" from scratch again.

Then they had a system crash or something and lost my membership registration and asked me to re-register and at that point I said "Thanks, but no thanks".

Never set foot on UL metal ever since. Shame because I used to put over a 50K miles on them those days.

I am not a great fan of EKs program either because they have diluted the value of the Skywards miles tremendously:

- Firstly by reducing the number of miles awarded per sector
                          - Secondly by introducing the "Saver" fares which only accumulate 50% of the miles at the reduced rates.
                          - Then they increased the number of miles needed for rewards.
                          - Now they have also introduced the "Carrier imposed charge" which is a new way of ripping off the FFs

Not to mention the non-availability of J class in ULH flights even at the higher rates of redemption.

I have over the time distanced myself from being loyal to any particular airline and just take the one that has the most convenient schedule (and the reasonable price). This way I fee liberated as I am open to flying any safe airline and do not have to arrange my travel around the timing of EK or UL flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by ak892 View Post
                            Cathay Pacific Airways announced that it will enhance its services from Sri Lanka by operating four non- stop flights to Hong Kong commencing 27 October.

Is there any reason why UL doesn't have non-stop flights?
                            Good news if CX go ahead with a plan. According to FT, CX planning to operate four weekly nonstop flights on HKG-CMB-HKG onboard A330-300 (J39/W28/Y175) effective Winter 2014. This four weekly flights will be replacing existing HKG-SIN-CMB. I think they will be continuing to operate HKG-BKK-CMB that operates three weekly utilising B777-3ER.

Comment

Good news if CX go ahead with a plan. According to FT, CX planning to operate four weekly nonstop flights on HKG-CMB-HKG onboard A330-300 (J39/W28/Y175) effective Winter 2014. This four weekly flights will be replacing existing HKG-SIN-CMB. I think they will be continuing to operate HKG-BKK-CMB that operates three weekly utilising B777-3ER.
                              Great news but they will not have enough pax may be they are trying to cater usa and canada via hkg

Comment

Indeed, very good piece of news and I guess already anticipated by many. The Sri Lankan market must be up and coming for CX. The existing HKG-BKK-CMB most certainly won't be using the 777-300ER though as CX has only got enough for its long haul routes. That service will remain with the 777-300. Hopefully UL could catch up and at least make the flight daily, if not non-stop to HKG.

Link to article:

UPDATE: The existing HKG-BKK-CMB will be changing to A340-300 from current 777-300 from 26 Oct to 30 Nov. From 2 Feb 2015 it will be operated by the A330-300.
                                Last edited by wtjc; 11-08-2014, 06:02 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Working...
                                X