This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SLion123 View Post
    What are the chances of UL ordering the newly launched, fuel efficient A330neo?

Could they switch their current A330 orders to that or is it too late?
    A330-900neo will face the same fate as A330-500

Comment

• http://airlineroute.net/2014/07/14/ul-nrt-jan15/

Now Tokyo Narita is added to the list of UL A330-300 destinations

Comment

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
        There are sources citing that Sri Lankan Airlines is also evaluating the possibility of adding 777-8X's to the Sri Lankan Fleet to improve the current long haul routes. Also with these aircrafts the airline would be able to serve cities in North America and South America. The demands for New York and Toronto are to be tested using the existing A340's after November before being retired by flying these aircrafts temporarily to both John F. Kennedy International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport. If ordered, sources cite that there is a high chance of adding at least 10 of these aircrafts
        Fairy tale - I give this zero credibility.

1- UL is in dire straits financially - they are struggling to get funds to keep the current operation going. The last thing they need are additional losses and that is all that will happen trying to operate these routes.

2 - EK/EY/QR have already captured this market - this would have been a great strategy 15 years ago but now its too late. UL simply cannot compete.

3 - UL still losing experienced Pilots - more Expat colleagues to leave as well. Experience levels in the cockpit are getting dangerously low. It was already an issue when I left. They simply do not have the people to operate the current schedule let alone any additional routes.
        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Yeah although the 777-8Xs are at least 7-8 years away from first delivery, so maybe UL think they can turn the ship around before then, or think demand for those flights will be higher by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            http://airlineroute.net/2014/07/14/ul-nrt-jan15/

Now Tokyo Narita is added to the list of UL A330-300 destinations
            Does this means SriLankan is going to use the first A333 (4R-ALL) for FRA and second A333 (4R-ALM) for NRT ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
              There are sources citing that Sri Lankan Airlines is also evaluating the possibility of adding 777-8X's to the Sri Lankan Fleet to improve the current long haul routes. Also with these aircrafts the airline would be able to serve cities in North America and South America. The demands for New York and Toronto are to be tested using the existing A340's after November before being retired by flying these aircrafts temporarily to both John F. Kennedy International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport. If ordered, sources cite that there is a high chance of adding at least 10 of these aircrafts
              Getting Boeing and flying JFK, YTZ is not a priority for SriLankan now.. I should say UL has done the sensible move of replacing ageing A343s with A333s and replacing A332s with A359s. UL has to try routes like Chengdu, Nairobi, Goa etc instead of Trans atlantic routes. I think also UL should take over the Seychelles from Mihin and UL should stop wet leasing aircraft with Mihin. Also punchuality and Cabin service needs to be improved at UL.

Comment

• Any new destinations Sri Lankan Airlines planning to start ?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  Does this means SriLankan is going to use the first A333 (4R-ALL) for FRA and second A333 (4R-ALM) for NRT ?
                  I thnk they will keep announcing what routes wud see the a333 over the next few months becz maybe airport authority documentation might be required to even place new birds of the fleet into place so I'm assuming as the paper work gets verified they keep announcing like this. cz now fra and nrt both are open for a333 bookings from the respective dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by madusanka333 View Post
                    Any new destinations Sri Lankan Airlines planning to start ?
                    Just few weeks ago, UL launched charter flights to Chongqing but the booking is not available on UL website as tickets are being sold by the tour operators only. I am not sure UL interested in new destinations these days as their fleet is not going to be increased until 2016. I think they are now focusing on improvising their product and returning to profit by 2016/9 not sure it will be happening though.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines selects Accelya's eSmash to accurately measure their market

SriLankan Airlines, the national carrier of Sri Lanka wants to monitor their market share in their key markets across the globe. The airline will use eSmash across Europe, Middle East, Far East and Indian sub-continent, among others to do this job.

SriLankan Airlines have doubled its passenger volume in last 4-years and have aggressive plans to grow their passenger count. With eSmash, SriLankan Airlines will be able to monitor their regional as well as global market share by origin & destination, agent, issue month and class. It will also help the regional and station managers to identify their loyal sales agents and prospective agents.

“SriLankan Airlines has been constantly looking for ways and means to expand its reach globally. In this endeavor, we believe eSmash service will provide us accurate information on the airline’s market share; specifying our strength in our prime markets. Thus, we have decided to use eSmash in all our key markets across the globe”, said Mr. Lal Perera, Head of Worldwide Sales, SriLankan Airlines.

“We are confident that eSmash will provide insights to SriLankan Airlines to support them in their expansion plans and manage their global and regional sales strategy”, said Emmanuel de Lassagne, General Manager – Airline Business Intelligence Solutions, Accelya.

Accelya’s eSmash is the most accurate market share analysis solution for airline station managers and sales teams. It is a web-based solution and provides instant information on airline market share versus the competition, at a few clicks. eSmash enables superior decision-making to improve market share and be more competitive.

Over 120 airlines globally use eSmash to monitor their market share.

About Accelya Group

Accelya is a leading provider of financial and business intelligence solutions to the Airline and Travel industry. Accelya helps airline and travel companies manage their financial processes and gain insights into their business performance.

Accelya’s expertise spans across all critical airline financial processes – BSP Processing, Revenue Accounting, Audit & Revenue Recovery, Card Management, Miscellaneous Billing, Cost Management and Business Intelligence. Accelya partners with airlines right from the time a ticket or an air waybill is issued, all the way through its entire financial life cycle, until the data is converted into actionable decision support.

With over 200 airline customers, our operations are spread across 9 countries and Accelya employs over 2000 professionals worldwide.

Accelya has been voted as ‘IT Company of the Year’ at Air Transport News Awards 2014 and ‘Information Technology for the Air Cargo Industry’ at ACW World Air Cargo Awards 2014. Visit us at: www.accelya.com

Tracing its origins back to 1947, SriLankan Airlines today is the flag carrier airline for Sri Lanka but also the largest international airline serving the Maldives and with a significant presence in southern India too.

It has virtually doubled in size since peace returned to its home country four years ago and plans further substantial expansion to its fleet and network in the next few years.

It now operates a fleet of 21 aircraft – including seven Airbus A320s, five A330-200s and six A340-300s, with an average age of nine years.

Using the airline code UL, it carried 4.7 million passengers last year between its Colombo base and 32 destinations in 20 countries across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, including Oneworld hubs Doha, Hong Kong, London Heathrow, Kuala Lumpur, Moscow Domodedovo and Tokyo Narita, along with Bangkok and Singapore.

SriLankan Airlines joined oneworld airline alliance on May 1st, this year as the first carrier from the Indian subcontinent to become part of any global airline groups.

Central Asia

source: http://www.eturbonews.com/47948/sril...celya-s-esmash
                      Last edited by Serendib; 17-07-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Any updates of Mihin Lanka business class?
                        -Aaqib Hussain
                        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                          Any updates of Mihin Lanka business class?
                          I think only 4R-MRE have configured with business class not yet 4R-MRC/MRD. Correct me if i'm wrong ?? I was noticing Mihin was providing business class seats to their customers by wet-leasing SriLankan's 4R-ABJ/L.

Comment

Yes, SriLankan Airlines is short of aircraft, I think 4R-ALB is not in service since 4R-ALG back in service last week. @haleef - do you know the latest status of 4R-ALB?
                            Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                            I don't know bro :/ Dad said he's also not sure about ALB.. He hasn't even seen it recently !!
                            4R-ALB back in revenue service as it's operated flight UL225 two days ago.

Comment

I think only 4R-MRE have configured with business class not yet 4R-MRC/MRD. Correct me if i'm wrong ?? I was noticing Mihin was providing business class seats to their customers by wet-leasing SriLankan's 4R-ABJ/L.
                              I don't think so. Business class first started in Dhaka route with 4R-MRC. Both MRC and MRD were not in service for one week in mid May. I think it was for reconfiguration. The next week, MRE was not in service for the same I think. All the three have 12 business seats as far as I know. Don't know about economy seat numbers.

Comment

• i believe all 3 MJ aircraft now provide business class because -ABL/J has not flown to DAC for the last 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X