X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    SriLankan launches direct flights to Chongqing

SriLankan Airlines has started first ever weekly flight between Colombo and Chongqing today (1-Jul-2014), carrying a full load of 140 passengers. These charter flights will be represented by Chongqing Huapont International Travel Service Co. Ltd and John Keels Travel Group.

The flight is scheduled to depart Colombo every tuesdays at 2340 hrs to arrive in Chongqing at 1015 hrs local time. It left Chongqing at 1115 hrs to arrive in Colombo at 1605 hrs on every Wednesdays. As such, the flight will now operate weekly until November 25, 2014 and will thereafter resume operations on January 13, 2015. Passengers get the opportunity to enjoy the relaxing ambience and the best of Sri Lanka’s hospitality on board a SriLankan Airlines’ A320 aircraft that will be operated on the route, according to source : Colombo Gazzette.

Hope SriLankan Airlines will upgrade this flight as schedule flight and increase the frequency on Chongqing in near future.

What do you think?? Any idea about the rego of the A320 flew to Chongqing today?

Share your comments..
    it was operated as ul 884/5 and rego was 4r-abp as I did track the flight on tue thru flightradar24

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
      it was operated as ul 884/5 and rego was 4r-abp as I did track the flight on tue thru flightradar24
      the flight route was cmb bkk ckg bkk cmb ( operated both ways via bkk)

Comment

• is it true SriLankan to change the flight timings of Singapore flights? can somebody post the information about the new changes?

Comment

is it true SriLankan to change the flight timings of Singapore flights? can somebody post the information about the new changes?
          yes it is. and all 14 flights are to be operated with a321's than the present a320's. http://airlineroute.net/2014/07/04/ul-sin-w14/

Comment

• any updates on UL's second a321??

Comment

any updates on UL's second a321??
              Unfortunate SriLankan couldn't take delivery of A7-ADV last month due to some leasing issues. Seems like A7-ADV in operation with Qatar again?

Comment

Unfortunate SriLankan couldn't take delivery of A7-ADV last month due to some leasing issues. Seems like A7-ADV in operation with Qatar again?
                oh i see. wasn't UL to take delivery of 3 to 4 ex-QR a321's?? they still have only one in service and they also plan to make SIN ops all a321's by 26th OCT.
                I hope everything will work alright xD

Comment

oh i see. wasn't UL to take delivery of 3 to 4 ex-QR a321's?? they still have only one in service and they also plan to make SIN ops all a321's by 26th OCT.
                  I hope everything will work alright xD
                  if im not mistaken 4R-ABQ already operating the SIN flights, any idea where do they fly their current A321?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                    if im not mistaken 4R-ABQ already operating the SIN flights, any idea where do they fly their current A321?
                    they do operate it at present too, but from oct its gonna be all 14 flights to SIN with a321 cz atm its all a320's with UL to SIN except sometimes where a flight or two is with their only a321.

The present a321 also operate some of the flights to SIN, KUL, AUH, DXB, MCT, KHI, and i have seen on flightradar the a321 flying to BOM, TRV, TRZ, BLR as well.

Comment

• Hello, I am new to this forum, thank you for letting me aboard.

My first question here is related to the latest aircraft configuration of Srilankan Airlines. May I ask whether any of you know which A330-200s and A340-300s currently have the newer AVOD PTVs on board in economy class? Could you give me the aircraft registration numbers of these?

Second question: Is there a schedule as to the progress and projected progress of the refurbishment of economy class of the A332 and A343 fleet?

Third question: Is anyone able to match the various configurations listed on UL's website to the precise aircraft registration numbers?

I have found quite a lot of information on UL's Business Class refurbishments/configurations but unfortunately not for Economy Class.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by wtjc View Post
                        Hello, I am new to this forum, thank you for letting me aboard.

My first question here is related to the latest aircraft configuration of Srilankan Airlines. May I ask whether any of you know which A330-200s and A340-300s currently have the newer AVOD PTVs on board in economy class? Could you give me the aircraft registration numbers of these?

Second question: Is there a schedule as to the progress and projected progress of the refurbishment of economy class of the A332 and A343 fleet?

Third question: Is anyone able to match the various configurations listed on UL's website to the precise aircraft registration numbers?

I have found quite a lot of information on UL's Business Class refurbishments/configurations but unfortunately not for Economy Class.

The new UL interiors are currently in place with the following a/cs:

A330-200's (4R-ALA/B/C - in these a/c's the Business Class has all Lie Flats with AVOD but in Economy only interior is new but still the loop system IFE)

A330-200's (4R-ALH/J - in these two other a/c's, both Business and Economy features AVOD)

where as presently there are 2 A330-200's which are (4R-ALD/G) which does not have the new product at all - only the economy features the new seat covers but Business is still the same and no AVOD at all.

THen amongst the A340-300's

(4R-ADE/F both feature the new product offering of UL, with AVOD in both cabin classes)

Besides all this, the UL websites fleet is up to date with a new display of their fleet info which consists of a/c registrations and the interior available.

http://www.srilankan.com/en/flying-with-us/fleet

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum, thank you for letting me aboard.I have found quite a lot of information on UL's Business Class refurbishments/configurations but unfortunately not for Economy Class.

@wtjc - Wow!! can you shed any light on information you found out about UL's business class refurbishment/configuratons?

Comment

The new UL interiors are currently in place with the following a/cs:

A330-200's (4R-ALA/B/C - in these a/c's the Business Class has all Lie Flats with AVOD but in Economy only interior is new but still the loop system IFE)

A330-200's (4R-ALH/J - in these two other a/c's, both Business and Economy features AVOD)

where as presently there are 2 A330-200's which are (4R-ALD/G) which does not have the new product at all - only the economy features the new seat covers but Business is still the same and no AVOD at all.

THen amongst the A340-300's

(4R-ADE/F both feature the new product offering of UL, with AVOD in both cabin classes)

Besides all this, the UL websites fleet is up to date with a new display of their fleet info which consists of a/c registrations and the interior available.

http://www.srilankan.com/en/flying-with-us/fleet
                            Thank you so much indeed 4R-ALA, you have been of enormous help and I really appreciate it!

Yes, I wasn't entirely sure whether 4R-ALD had AVOD but thanks for confirming, while it did seem that ALH and ALJ have it. Such a shame only two out of seven A330-200s have AVOD in Economy, I wonder if you know whether there are still plans/timetables to retrofit the rest of the fleet in Economy? I know the new A330-300s are arriving soon but I guess the A330-200s aren't retiring anytime soon?

Good to know that UL's website is actually up to date and accurate too (given how they've mixed up photos between the A320 and A330 there...)

Thanks once again!

Comment

@wtjc - Wow!! can you shed any light on information you found out about UL's business class refurbishment/configuratons?
                              Sorry I don't actually know that lot either haha, I have mostly been reading about it from fly**talk which has a dedicated thread on UL's A330/A340 business class configurations, although I think a few comments are already out of date.

Comment

Thank you so much indeed 4R-ALA, you have been of enormous help and I really appreciate it!

Yes, I wasn't entirely sure whether 4R-ALD had AVOD but thanks for confirming, while it did seem that ALH and ALJ have it. Such a shame only two out of seven A330-200s have AVOD in Economy, I wonder if you know whether there are still plans/timetables to retrofit the rest of the fleet in Economy? I know the new A330-300s are arriving soon but I guess the A330-200s aren't retiring anytime soon?

Good to know that UL's website is actually up to date and accurate too (given how they've mixed up photos between the A320 and A330 there...)

Thanks once again!
                                anytime. but as far as I knw one of the technicians did say that 4ralg of UL wud most prolly get AVOD interiors both classes by either july or August this yr but he himself was not sure at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X