Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the 16th July, Sri Lankan Airlines will move from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 at LHR

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
      Why are they using the same sequence as our A332? I thought they are going use different Sequence as 4R-AXX etc
      maybe becz a333 is still a product of the a330 family and UL already operates the a332 - again i may be very wrong, but that's what i assume atm.
      i'm anxiously waiting to see the pics of its interior. btw does the a330-300E have an economy seating configuration of 3-3-3 than the usual 2-4-2 cz Philippine Airlines brand new a333 have a 3-3-3 config.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
        SriLankan Airlines makes changes at London Heathow.

National carrier of Sri Lanka, SriLankan Airlines has now been planned to make three changes to the flight operations at London Heathrow International Airport.

First change is : starting from 13th July 2014, SriLankan Airlines is going to increase the frequency of London Heathrow flights from seven weekly to nine weekly by re-introducing weekend flights with UL505/506.

Second change is : SriLankan Airlines is going to increase the flight parking hours of UL505/506 flights to approx three hours at London Heathrow. Previously SriLankan flights has spent average two hours at London before returning to Colombo.

Third change : Starting from 16th July 2014, all of the SriLankan Airlines flights will be moving the flight operations from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. SriLankan Airlines has been operating at Terminal 4 for over 20 years. However this sensible move of operating out of Terminal 3 will be helping the newest member of oneworld alliance, SriLankan Airlines to allow their passengers to transit easily across to North American hubs in New York, Washington, Chicago etc.. by American Airlines, who is the another member of oneworld alliance. Also airlines like Air Canada also operating via Terminal 3.

Colombo - London Flight Schedule

Saturday - 02:20 - 09:20 - UL505 - A343 (effec 19th July)
        Sunday - 02:45 - 09:45 - UL505 - A343 (effec 13th July)
        Daily - 13:00 - 20:00 - UL503 - A332

London - Colombo Flight Schedule

Sunday - 12:50 - 04:05 - UL506 - A343 (effec 13th July)
        Saturday - 13:35 - 04:50 - UL506 - A343 (effec 19th July)
        Daily - 21:30 - 12:45 - UL504 - A332

Share your comments on this forum..
        Good to see A343 flying to LHR again
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
          maybe becz a333 is still a product of the a330 family and UL already operates the a332 - again i may be very wrong, but that's what i assume atm.
          i'm anxiously waiting to see the pics of its interior. btw does the a330-300E have an economy seating configuration of 3-3-3 than the usual 2-4-2 cz Philippine Airlines brand new a333 have a 3-3-3 config.
          even the new air asia x a333s hav 3-3-3 config.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            even the new air asia x a333s hav 3-3-3 config.
            oh wow. i prefer a 3-3-3 config than the usual 2-4-2 in economy. hope UL gets the 3-3-3

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
              SriLankan Airlines makes changes at London Heathow.

...deleted.. Also airlines like Air Canada also operating via Terminal 3...deleted...
              AC has moved to T2

Heathrow Airport’s new Terminal 2, known as The Queen’s Terminal, will serve as Air Canada’s new home for all flights into and out of London.

Comment

• is BA the only airline that operates out of T5???

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                  is BA the only airline that operates out of T5???
                  No - Iberia also operates out of T5.
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Civil Aviation And Finance Ministries Clash Over SriLankan Airlines: Minister reveals

Civil Aviation Minister Priyankara Jayarathne has admitted that there is a tug of war between the Civil Aviation Ministry and the Finance Ministry over the administration of SriLankan Airlines.

The Civil Aviation Minister has said that the SriLankan Airlines does not act in accordance with certain decisions made by the Civil Aviation Ministry.

“Although I have the authority over the institution through regulations, SriLankan Airlines is controlled by the Finance Ministry. There is a difference of opinion between the two parties. The present administrative structure of SriLankan Airlines creates problems, “ the Minister has said in an interview with the ‘Lankadeepa’ newspaper today (26).

“Although I am the Minister, I am helpless sometimes. That creates disappointment and frustration!” the Minister has said in the interview adding that there should be a drastic change in the administration of SriLankan Airlines.

Responding to a question in Parliament a few months ago, Minister Jayarathne said that Sri Lankan Airlines has incurred a loss of Rs. 25 billion during the last financial year (2013-2014).

The Minister also added that the daily expenditure of one employee at Sri Lankan Airlines stands at Rs. 166722. “Although 6523 employees are presently working at Sri Lankan Airlines, the company is still short of staff,” he said.

“Total debts of Sri Lankan Airlines stand at USD 4o million while total bank overdrafts stand at USD 50 million. In addition, there are mid-term loans standing at USD 140 million. The total indebtedness of Sri Lankan Airlines amounts to USD 230 million,” the Minister said explaining the present state of affairs in the institution.

Comment

• Regarding the Bonds.

BB- and B+ ratings carry the following warning:-

An obligor is LESS VULNERABLE in the near term than other lower-rated obligors. However, it faces major ongoing uncertainties and exposure to adverse business, financial, or economic conditions which could lead to the obligor's inadequate capacity to meet its financial commitments.

I'm no financial expert but to me this looks like another desperate attempt to raise money to keep things going. It's a short term solution - long term UL is just getting deeper into debt with no way to ever repay.

This may buy more time but will not change the inevitable bankruptcy imho.

Saw another Expat colleague doing an interview at my Airline three weeks ago and I know more will be doing the same. I heard another Expat colleague went to EY.

The concept of "People Management" is completely missing at Flight Ops. They don't have a clue.

Even Sri Lankans are leaving for EY. That says it all right there. The number leaving are close to the maximum training capacity. Of course it's not just a numbers game - you can't replace experienced Pilots with Cadet Pilots.

Once again the real tragedy is that this could all have been avoided - there needs to be accountability.
                      Last edited by ejanson65; 27-06-2014, 03:21 AM. Reason: added text
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Any update on the 2nd A321 for UL??
                        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• President is onboard 4R-ADE from MLE to Seychelles (SEZ)
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            President is onboard 4R-ADE from MLE to Seychelles (SEZ)
                            Why it's operated from Male'? It's looks like 4R-ADE had been allocated as a VIP aircraft in SriLankan fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              Why it's operated from Male'? It's looks like 4R-ADE had been allocated as a VIP aircraft in SriLankan fleet.
                              Hi Banu, President was on a VIP visit to MLE for 2-3 days then visitng SEZ. ADE was in MLE during the days of his visit. All his previous visits were also using call sign UL1/ALK1 (south america, china, etc)
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

Working...
                              X