Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Air received a Boeing 737 (PK-LOV) recently according to planespotters. Any news about their route network?

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
      Lion Air received a Boeing 737 (PK-LOV) recently according to planespotters. Any news about their route network?
      Is it for flight operations out of Sri Lanka? I thought it's for Lion Air in Indonesia as this bird delivered at Jakarta Airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Is it for flight operations out of Sri Lanka? I thought it's for Lion Air in Indonesia as this bird delivered at Jakarta Airport.
        seat configuration is Y189.

so sure not for Domestic operations.

Any of the guys in Colombo knows about this Aircraft. Is it in Colombo already??

Comment

• But according to Airfleetsnet this aircraft operates by lion Airlines Indonesia.

Dont know whats going on. wrong info from planespotters???

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
            But according to Airfleetsnet this aircraft operates by lion Airlines Indonesia.

Dont know whats going on. wrong info from planespotters???
            I think itz lion air indonesia. Bcz lion air in srilanka not operational any more

Comment

• I remember good old days Lionair with AN 32s
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• this has to be some mistake in the planespotters website........

Comment

• acrdng to Boeing store it is Lion air SL :O

Comment

• I don't think so ! Because that's not the logo Lion Air, Sri Lanka has.. Besides all of a sudden why did they think of buying a 737 ? They didn't operate for a long time noh ?

And this logo belongs to Lion air Indonesia and the Sri Lankan Lion Air logo is this.. See below.

Haleef Ismail
                    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                      Hii guys !! Sri Lankan Airbus A330-300 aircraft delivery schedule from 4R AIB is as follows.

First is 4R-AIB ..

A330-300 Aircraft 10/2014
                      A330-300 Aircraft 12/2014
                      A330-300 Aircraft 02/2015
                      A330-300 Aircraft 07/2015
                      A330-300 Aircraft 09/2015
                      A330-300 Aircraft 10/2015

(Not sure with the Dates)
                      According to ATDB Fleet Database, SriLankan's first A330-343E going to become as 4R-ALL (msn 1564). Delivery of the first aircraft planned in October 2014 and this new bird due to replace 4R-ADA, SriLankan's first A340-311.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                        I don't think so ! Because that's not the logo Lion Air, Sri Lanka has.. Besides all of a sudden why did they think of buying a 737 ? They didn't operate for a long time noh ?

And this logo belongs to Lion air Indonesia and the Sri Lankan Lion Air logo is this.. See below.
                        It will be better if Lion Group open a subsidery in Sri Lanka as they already operate subsideries in Indonesia and Thailand. Lion Air currently has a fleet comprise of over 100 aircrafts and they have plans to increase their route network and fleet size in near future. Perhaps they can connect Far East and Gulf via Mattala using B737-800s. In my opinion, SriLankan has to operate out of only Colombo and it doesn't makes sense SriLankan flying routes out of Mattala e.g. CMB-BKK-HRI-CMB, CMB-HRI-MLE, CMB-MAA-HRI-CMB etc.. SriLankan has to provide nonstop flights to their destinations out of Colombo. What's the point Mihin Lanka providing business class product for low-cost destinations which were previously served by SriLankan then transfered to Mihin Lanka. Routes like Seychelles should be served by SriLankan and Mihin Lanka simply should shut!

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
                          According to ATDB Fleet Database, SriLankan's first A330-343E going to become as 4R-ALL (msn 1564). Delivery of the first aircraft planned in October 2014 and this new bird due to replace 4R-ADA, SriLankan's first A340-311..
                          This is good news ! But sad ADA is going out !! May I wish her all the best !
                          Haleef Ismail

Comment

It will be better if Lion Group open a subsidery in Sri Lanka as they already operate subsideries in Indonesia and Thailand. Lion Air currently has a fleet comprise of over 100 aircrafts and they have plans to increase their route network and fleet size in near future. Perhaps they can connect Far East and Gulf via Mattala using B737-800s. In my opinion, SriLankan has to operate out of only Colombo and it doesn't makes sense SriLankan flying routes out of Mattala e.g. CMB-BKK-HRI-CMB, CMB-HRI-MLE, CMB-MAA-HRI-CMB etc.. SriLankan has to provide nonstop flights to their destinations out of Colombo. What's the point Mihin Lanka providing business class product for low-cost destinations which were previously served by SriLankan then transfered to Mihin Lanka. Routes like Seychelles should be served by SriLankan and Mihin Lanka simply should shut!
                            Hmm yes your correct !!
                            Haleef Ismail

Comment

According to ATDB Fleet Database, SriLankan's first A330-343E going to become as 4R-ALL (msn 1564). Delivery of the first aircraft planned in October 2014 and this new bird due to replace 4R-ADA, SriLankan's first A340-311.
                              Guys, Any idea how long does it takes to build Airbus A330-343E? Wondering when will they start building our first A333 :-)

As per Airlinereporter, to build a Boeing 777 takes approx three months.

B777
                              From first part to out of the Boeing factory in Everett: 49 days
                              Time in the paint booth: 4 additional days
                              Flights and testing: About 30 additional days
                              Total from first part to delivery: About 83 days — less than three months.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
                                Why are they using the same sequence as our A332? I thought they are going use different Sequence as 4R-AXX etc
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Working...
                                X