This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
    4R-MRE not in service last few days , it looks like it has now been sent for Business Class Cabin Upgrades. What's the whole point of upgrading these A320/A321s with Business class when they are planning to replace them with new B737-800s from next year.
    ^^will -ABJ and -ABL get into the MJ colours?????????

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
      ^^will -ABJ and -ABL get into the MJ colours?????????
      I dont think so! UL and MJ sharing their aircraft as Mihin is shortage of aircraft due to refurbishment work going on for the business class cabins.

Comment

• Mihin Lanka (MJ, Colombo Int'l) has signed an agreement with the Air Lease Corporation (ALC) for two B737-800s due for delivery in June and July 2015. In an interview with FlightGlobal, CEO Kapila Chandrasena said the deal marked his airline's first steps in phasing out its fleet of two A320s and an A321 in favour of Boeing (BOE, Chicago O'Hare) metal.

On the logic of the move given that sister carrier, SriLankan Airlines (UL, Colombo Int'l), is an entirely Airbus Industrie (AIB, Toulouse Blagnac) operator, Chandrasena said the decision gave his carrier "a positioning with the two manufacturers”.

[CH AVIATION]

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
        4R-MRE not in service last few days , it looks like it has now been sent for Business Class Cabin Upgrades. What's the whole point of upgrading these A320/A321s with Business class when they are planning to replace them with new B737-800s from next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          Mihin Lanka (MJ, Colombo Int'l) has signed an agreement with the Air Lease Corporation (ALC) for two B737-800s due for delivery in June and July 2015. In an interview with FlightGlobal, CEO Kapila Chandrasena said the deal marked his airline's first steps in phasing out its fleet of two A320s and an A321 in favour of Boeing (BOE, Chicago O'Hare) metal.

On the logic of the move given that sister carrier, SriLankan Airlines (UL, Colombo Int'l), is an entirely Airbus Industrie (AIB, Toulouse Blagnac) operator, Chandrasena said the decision gave his carrier "a positioning with the two manufacturers”.

[CH AVIATION]
          I should say as usual what a waste!!!! If its a budget airline then keep with Y class :S
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• "Chandrasena said the decision gave his carrier "a positioning with the two manufacturers”.

Seriously, is he worried that Airbus will go bankrupt before Mihin?

If he was talking about and airline the size of United, Delta, American, Emirates or Singapore, I can understand this comment, but with Mihin ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SLion123 View Post
              Will UL's new A330-300s and A350s be in a three class configuration?

Whens the first A333 delivery, this December?
              Woow Great News!!! We too waiting to see ur 4tos @banuthev !! Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                "Chandrasena said the decision gave his carrier "a positioning with the two manufacturers”.

Seriously, is he worried that Airbus will go bankrupt before Mihin?

If he was talking about and airline the size of United, Delta, American, Emirates or Singapore, I can understand this comment, but with Mihin ?
                One of the Presidents brothers is the Boeing representative for Sri Lanka.

All about $$$ - nothing more.
                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• and what is his name?

Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by slaviator View Post
                    and what is his name?
                    I dont condone the last comment but do you really think that Mihin operating a Boeing 737 fleet is a good decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                      I dont condone the last comment but do you really think that Mihin operating a Boeing 737 fleet is a good decision?
                      You are right lordvader even a genuine LCC like Flydubai has all Boeing fleet.So they sticks with 1 manufacturer and what Mihin going to do??

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post

get out of ur fairytale and face the reality!!!!! every govt. in the world has corruption and foul play to a certain extent!!!!! and ur ryt it is indeed all about "$$$" ,,, caz every organisation runs on it!!!!

Comment

• I don't think Mihin will last very long in any case! if there is any justification for 737, is that there can be a more competitive bidding process when planes are needed (basically more options), but its doubtful whether such a small hybrid carrier with no real growth options, should take on such a change.

but what I'm trying to point out with my comment is that people publish elaborate stories, without facts, give me the facts and I'll believe you, if you tell me a story from the street without any evidence then is it even worth coming up on this thread!
                          Last edited by slaviator; 22-05-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slaviator View Post
                            I don't think Mihin will last very long in any case! if there is any justification for 737, is that there can be a more competitive bidding process when planes are needed (basically more options), but its doubtful whether such a small hybrid carrier with no real growth options, should take on such a change.

but what I'm trying to point out with my comment is that people publish elaborate stories, without facts, give me the facts and I'll believe you, if you tell me a story from the street without any evidence then is it even worth coming up on this thread!
                            disagree. As long as current Government stays nothing will happen to Mihinlanka. UL might go from bad to worse. But MJ will stay as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by airsrilanka View Post
                              4R-MRE resumed its operation today, did CMB-BKK-CMB-IXM-CMB on 22nd and currently flying CMB-BKK. So is it upgraded with Business Class? If so, what is its configuration?

What about 4R-MRC/MRD? Will that also be upgraded?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                                get out of ur fairytale and face the reality!!!!! every govt. in the world has corruption and foul play to a certain extent!!!!! and ur ryt it is indeed all about "$$$" ,,, caz every organisation runs on it!!!!
                                I stand by my statement - this was published in the Sri Lankan newspapers around the time Boeing sent a sales team to Sri Lanka. I have not been able to find this article - not really a surprise.

My comment about $$$ refers to certain individuals being the only beneficiaries when a deal is made. I know how "business" is done in Sri Lanka.

There is a long history of corruption when it comes to aircraft orders in Sri Lanka.

Of course there is corruption everywhere - I have not claimed otherwise.

However in my country people are arrested, charged and sent to prison when they get caught. There is accountability. Politicians in my country are not immune from prosecution.

The country where I live was recently voted joint first (with 2 other countries) for freedom of the press.
                                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Working...
                                X