Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Uthum.....So whats ur plan "Non-ITN & Rupavahini" people,,, to deconstruct or to make hri even more deserted????? u ppl have ideas worse than those UNP idiots!!!!!!!!!!! L.M.F.A.O

Comment

• Trust me, we had lot of problems when Alitalia shifted their operations from Malpensa back to Fiumicino...It was the same story when MXP was created, none believed it could become one of the most importants airports in Europe and the world...of course can't be like DXB but HRI has a lot of potentials like every airports in the owrls...Example?? Bergamo International Airport it's now Ryanair main hub! and it was nothing before! Take a look also to other new small airports borning in Italy, I speak about Italy because I'm in the ENAC (Ente Nazionale Aviazione Civile) that is the the Civil Aviation Authority in Italy...I know what I?m talking about and I'lll be flying too very soon (I hope ) A pilot doesn't know the airport situation as they just fly IN and OUT, the ENAC and the CAA knows the real situation of an airport...same in Sri Lanka...The SL CAA knows what's going on they will do everything in order to make some profits with HRI...Be positive guys and most important...Be Patient!

Comment

• Good Saying!! Ppl in SL just listen to wat UNP and other parties says on TV and they believe them...0 sense on critics...just reading newspapers and repeating it loudly! No c'mon we must use our mind and say...guys maybe this is not the best place to place an airport but the problem it's not where u place it but how u market it to the world...a good Businees Plan makes something that seems to be 100% a fail a 100% world success

Comment

• Given that HRI has already been built, there is no point going on about whether its good or bad or for what reasons it was made (Political of course, who are we trying to fool), the only thing worth discussing at this point is how to revive HRI from a ghost airport into something with abit more value. Dont get me wrong, I was pro BIA expansion-RML upgrade than HRI creation, but in the long (very long) run, it has potential value. We can seriously start considering options for HRI only once the basic infrastructure in is place in terms of mainly 'quick' connectivity to the capital (both road and rail, which I think is happening within 2-5 years) in addition to hotels, towns etc Personally, once that is done, I believe HRI should be turned into a LCC hub-MRO facility. In a way SL's version of Sharjah. Currently, airlines have no real reason to fly to/via HRI. Build it and they shall come doesnt really work in the aviation industry. Tourism alone is not going to get the job done for a tiny island like ours. We need to give them a legit reason. If UL get connectivity to the states and AUS (not codeshare!) and start operating to potential (which is very high tbh if by some miracle they can eradicate the political aspect of its management and operations), we are in a really good position (if done right!) to turn BIA into a major south asian international HUB. Lower costs for airlines compared to other airports in the region. The more BIA grows and develops demand, the higher the likelihood HRI standing a chance at becoming successful the way I see it. I also believe for both airports to work in tandem with each other, regular low cost domestic services need to be in place. I could be completely wrong of course. This is just my opinion
          Last edited by AB; 26-04-2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• any updates of UL's new a333 to be delivered this yr, according to the delivery schedule the first 3 are to be delivered in oct 2014, dec 2014 and feb 2015. any idea hw the cabin configurations are and the interior?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
              hahahahahahahaha.....even if HRI becomes a Heathrow, Srilankan1 will always have something to say!!!!!!!! 99.99% hatred 0.01% thinking
              Crticising a failed project is hater for you.

no wonder may be for a some one from chittagong is HRI is huge thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLARMYNFF View Post
                Good Saying!! Ppl in SL just listen to wat UNP and other parties says on TV and they believe them...0 sense on critics...just reading newspapers and repeating it loudly! No c'mon we must use our mind and say...guys maybe this is not the best place to place an airport but the problem it's not where u place it but how u market it to the world...a good Businees Plan makes something that seems to be 100% a fail a 100% world success

Are you from a different planet or What?????? in Srilanka people sees only what government says not the real truth.HRI and mihinlanka are both failed projects.both of this projects exicts because of Mahinda. pump all these money to Colombo Airport and national Airline Srilankan.then you will see what we can achieve.people with blue coloured sunglasses wont see this.thats why Srilanka is and will remain as developing country and never be a developed state.

Comment

• 2013 - The newly opened second airport in Mattala had handled 36,137 passengers and 1,362 aircraft. It has an annual capacity of one million passengers and 50,000 metric tonnes of cargo.

can some one tell me how much difference between 1 million abd 36167 ?? so are you going tell me this is a successful project? can you see any kind of interest from any major Airlines flying into Mattala???

Comment

• The government has revealed that state owned budget airline Mihin Lanka has made losses of Rs.2.2bn so far in 2013/4.

And why we need to have a seperate LCC?? why cant we have a budget carrier under UL flag?? like Air India or lufthansa has.

Comment

• ^^^does this guy even knw dat HRI is barely a year old!!!! he wants 1 million passengers in the first year.... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                        Are you from a different planet or What?????? in Srilanka people sees only what government says not the real truth.HRI and mihinlanka are both failed projects.both of this projects exicts because of Mahinda. pump all these money to Colombo Airport and national Airline Srilankan.then you will see what we can achieve.people with blue coloured sunglasses wont see this.thats why Srilanka is and will remain as developing country and never be a developed state.
                        i knw how much u hate the SL govt.,MJ, HRI or maybe the new airport expressway lol !!!!!!!! but just get over it caz this govt. is going to be there for a LONG LONG tym,,,, nd they will do anything bring up Hambantota to a major city!!!! BTW, let me ask u a question,, wat do u prefer: hri being a successful airport in the future or it being a ghost airport... im guessin u wud prefer it be deserted so u can continue callin it a failed project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i knw how much u hate the SL govt.,MJ, HRI or maybe the new airport expressway lol !!!!!!!! but just get over it caz this govt. is going to be there for a LONG LONG tym,,,, nd they will do anything bring up Hambantota to a major city!!!! BTW, let me ask u a question,, wat do u prefer: hri being a successful airport in the future or it being a ghost airport... im guessin u wud prefer it be deserted so u can continue callin it a failed project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I think HRI should be developed now that it is built. Same goes with MJ. But do you honestly think that both these projects were created with a proper business plan? If it was then MJ would be profitable and would be operating more than 3 aircraft (look at FlyDubai which was created around the same time). And HRI wouldve had expressway connectivity to make it a LCC hub upon opening. I agree with you though that airports are a long term investment and we cant expect 1 million passengers in the first year. But you need to honestly stop defending these projects which couldve been executed better in the first place.

Comment

i knw how much u hate the SL govt.,MJ, HRI or maybe the new airport expressway lol !!!!!!!! but just get over it caz this govt. is going to be there for a LONG LONG tym,,,, nd they will do anything bring up Hambantota to a major city!!!! [B]BTW, let me ask u a question,, wat do u prefer: hri being a successful airport in the future or it being a ghost airport... im guessin u wud prefer it be deserted so u can continue callin it a failed project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Answer is what are the planes your beloved government has to make this failed projects into successful ones.exept landing possible Direct srilankan flights there just to show we have Airtraffic at Mattala.

And I have a question too.have you ever visted Mattala Airport,Hambanthota Harbour or Sooriyawewa Cricket stadium??

Comment

• ^^^^buhahaha..............i watched the opening match of the icc world t20 2012 from that stadium

Comment

^^^^buhahaha..............i watched the opening match of the icc world t20 2012 from that stadium
                                only that.shame on you.

BTW I went to see Mattala 5 days before the opening. I realized how difficult this going to get a status of a fully functional airport.should have build in Wayamba or north Central province IMO.

Also visited Hambanthota harbour and didnt see a single vessel there.Why we didnt develop Galle instead of wasting money at Hambanthota.

and the stadium too.just to play 3-4 matches for year why you need to have a jungle ground there?? there are so many other grounds in Srilanka where you develop them to international stadiums.

NOW this is off topic and lets get back to Aviation.

Comment

Working...
                                X