This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    to this: the a320's previously in UL colors i.e: 4R-ABJ/L are now with mihin becoz these two a320's lease terms are over with UL (this i got to knw from an employee of the airline) and i remember faintly though that in the 5 yr biz plan of UL which was recently a news article mentioned that 2 a320 will walk out of UL fleet becz 3 ex-QR a321's are taken delivery of by the airline.

In addition the SL cricket team arrived from DAC to CMB on board MJ502 with UL livery and ex- UL J/Y interiors where seat head covers with MJ logo. I assume the a/c is still not retrofitted with MJ interiors or livery. the pics are available on the SL cricket facebook fan page.
    But 4R ABJ/L is still being used by UL for all Indian destinations.

Comment

• Rotana Jet’s first flight to Mattala and Colombo receives warm welcome

http://www.travelandtourworld.com/ne...And+Tour+World)

Comment

• Talk, Text And Tweet On SriLankan Airlines

Comment

to this: the a320's previously in UL colors i.e: 4R-ABJ/L are now with mihin becoz these two a320's lease terms are over with UL (this i got to knw from an employee of the airline) and i remember faintly though that in the 5 yr biz plan of UL which was recently a news article mentioned that 2 a320 will walk out of UL fleet becz 3 ex-QR a321's are taken delivery of by the airline.

In addition the SL cricket team arrived from DAC to CMB on board MJ502 with UL livery and ex- UL J/Y interiors where seat head covers with MJ logo. I assume the a/c is still not retrofitted with MJ interiors or livery. the pics are available on the SL cricket facebook fan page.
          So UL gonna retire their A320s?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
            So UL gonna retire their A320s?
            Yes they are using ABJ for DAC operating two classes bc and economy

Abg and Abj will be retire within next two months

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakith View Post
              Yes they are using ABJ for DAC operating two classes bc and economy

Abg and Abj will be retire within next two months
              Mihin Business Class
              Your favorite low cost airline now puts you up in the clouds with a new service will keep you smiling all the way to your destination.

PREDIKSI168 adalah situs judi slot online gacor hari ini dan slot88 terpercaya dengan pilihan permainan rtp live slot tertinggi dibekali server dan pelayanan terbaik.

Comment

• Anyone know why RJ is suspending CMB flights?

Comment

• Hi there , i recently got an idea so im posting it here . While I was going through airbus web I came across A 318 n A 319 are much fuel efficient .

The A318 seats 107 passengers in a typical two-class cabin layout over a range of up to 3,250 nm/6,000 km,

The A319 seats 124 passengers in a typical two-class cabin layout over a range of up to 3,700 nm/6,850 km,

so why can't we start using either these two models and start new destinations in asia sector rather trying to fly bigger ones sucking lot of fuel compared to these 2 models . As I know out flights doesnt get full pax in some sectors so i guess this 2 models will be ideal .

we can start new destinations in asia ( Nepal / Vietnam / Myanmar / Philippines ) .

so i want to ask u guys isn't this is possible idea ?

Comment

• Up, up and away with 2 more domestic airlines

Two more companies have applied for certification to the Director General of Civil Aviation to start domestic private and charter services, bringing the total number of such firms to nine.

Existing private airline companies already own 14 aircraft- eight airplanes and six helicopters, a spokesman for the Civil Aviation Dept said.

The latest to apply for air operations certificates are Fly Me (Pvt) Ltd and IWS Aviation (Pvt) Ltd. The directors of Fly Me are Captain Anil Jayasinghe, a former Singapore Airlines pilot, and Cyril Fernando, a businessman investor.

The Director of IWS Aviation is listed as Arthur Senanayake, who is also the Chairman of IWS Holdings, a logistics firm with a large number of government, private and NGO clients. Its website states that it expects to offer a wide range of tours and charter services.
                    Several companies are now flying helicopters for private use and to ferry corporate passengers. Most do not operate scheduled flights, but are available for charter. For instance, an Arab Prince last year hired one company’s entire fleet of helicopters for use during his stay in Sri Lanka.

“For some, the helicopters are mainly for private use, while commercial charters may be on a smaller scale,” a Dept source said. “There are many today who are willing to pay for personal convenience.”

Prices to charter a helicopter can range from US$ 2,000 per hour (most expensive) to US$ 1,000 per hour. Some companies are also running flying schools. Capt. Jayasinghe, who brought hot-air ballooning to Sri Lanka, said Fly Me is hoping to acquire three Cessna Caravan aircraft, while conceding that the private aviation industry was a gamble.

“The returns are absolutely limited,” he said. “It’s a very competitive trade. To make a million in aviation, you have to start off with a billion. But our aim is to have an absolutely low cost Sri Lankan operation.”

Capt. Jayasinghe said his main competitor was presently using foreign pilots. “As such, cost overheads are really, really high,” he explained. “We want to use Sri Lankan people and offer a low-budget service catering to the domestic market at under US$ 100 a ticket. We will start off with charter flights.”

They will hire four local pilots at the outset. “We are not bringing all three aircraft down immediately. We hope to steadily improve,” he said. “In our tourism, although there is a lot of hype, those who use these services are a very, very limited, a niche market. That’s the ground reality, and one has to learn to admit to that reality.”

The companies currently certified by the Department of Civil Aviation are Millennium Airlines (formally Deccan Aviation Lanka), Cosmos Aviation Services, Air Senok, Saffron Aviation, Daya Aviation, Expo Aviation and Helitours (Sri Lanka Air Force).

Two more companies have applied for certification to the Director General of Civil Aviation to start domestic private and charter services, bringing the total

Comment

• Guys.. Any update on second A321 for SriLankan? Also I'm curious to know about the seat config of first A321 (4R-ABQ)? Currently SriLankan flying 4R-ABQ on CMB-KUL-CMB, CMB-SIN-CMB & CMB-MCT-CMB. But May 2014 Flight Schedule is showing SriLankan also operating Daily A321 service to Bangkok. Perhaps second A321 coming to service in May 2014.

In the picture 4R-ABQ in Singapore. Pic credits to Andrew Hunt @ a.net

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
                        Anyone know why RJ is suspending CMB flights?
                        I assume that they are short of mid size aircraft...they retired all of A310/A300 and A330/A340 they operate to North America/Europe

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                          Guys.. Any update on second A321 for SriLankan? Also I'm curious to know about the seat config of first A321 (4R-ABQ)? Currently SriLankan flying 4R-ABQ on CMB-KUL-CMB, CMB-SIN-CMB & CMB-MCT-CMB. But May 2014 Flight Schedule is showing SriLankan also operating Daily A321 service to Bangkok. Perhaps second A321 coming to service in May 2014.

In the picture 4R-ABQ in Singapore. Pic credits to Andrew Hunt @ a.net
                          Flew 4R-ABQ last SAT from CMB - DXB, still in QR colors so confg 12/165, but must say the legroom was very generous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                            Guys.. Any update on second A321 for SriLankan? Also I'm curious to know about the seat config of first A321 (4R-ABQ)? Currently SriLankan flying 4R-ABQ on CMB-KUL-CMB, CMB-SIN-CMB & CMB-MCT-CMB. But May 2014 Flight Schedule is showing SriLankan also operating Daily A321 service to Bangkok. Perhaps second A321 coming to service in May 2014.
                            ul is using mj ac for cmb-bkk direct flight sectors. its a very disadvantage for our company name and same happend with Bahrain sector a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakith View Post
                              ul is using mj ac for cmb-bkk direct flight sectors. its a very disadvantage for our company name and same happend with Bahrain sector a year ago.
                              so UL is not going to operate to BKK with their name and metal at all, or is this move just temporary.............

Comment

so UL is not going to operate to BKK with their name and metal at all, or is this move just temporary.............
                                Name is ours but aircraft is Mihin. Passengers are very dissapointed. Same thing happend to Bahrain some times ago. Passengers are complaining

Comment

Working...
                                X