This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
    Hey Guys, I checked on SriLankan Website, where I unable to find SriLankan flights operating out of Mattala from 16 Dec 2013. Does this mean SriLankan to cancel operating the Mattala flights. Please confirm.
    Let's be honest here, I think Mattala has been a huge bust. Honestly, HRI seems to just be a hindrance for passengers trying to get elsewhere from Colombo. I mean really, if you are flying from Colombo to the Maldives or Riyadh say, the idea of flying backwards to Mattala just seems crazy. I wouldn't think that the passenger loads on to HRI are very good, as Air Arabia certainly didn't have enough passengers to even keep the route up for 6 months. It's sad to see this new airport in such a state.

Comment

• My friend from KUL took the CMB/HRI sector some 3 weeks back. Mind you, only 6 pax on board. Some 10 customs officers had a field day ransacking the luggage of a single foreign lady arriving at HRI who merely wanted to go to a village vihara to do charity and brought gifts for sunday school children.... Hmmmmm! Can't blame her for not wanting to land in HRI again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyler View Post
        Hello Guys It is nice to see more actives in MRIA Mattala international air port to me. Also There are 2 new flights added on Sri Lankan air lines flight Schedules too. One is UL 549 CMB Zurich CMB depart on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays and another UL886 CMB/Bangkok/Portsmouth depart on mon,Tue,Thur & Satur.It looks UL start to fly Zurich again and What/Where is "Portsmouth"?. Any one have any information, please post here.
        Portsmouth is in the UK, I think you misread this?

Comment

• Just thought of posting this here, you guys decide if it is not appropriate

Spanish ‘ghost airport’ cost a whopping US$1.5B to build — now it’s on sale for as little US$137M

A barely used Spanish airport that cost some 1.1-billion euros ($1.5-billion) to build and became a symbol of the country’s wasteful spending ahead of an…

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
            Just thought of posting this here, you guys decide if it is not appropriate

Spanish ‘ghost airport’ cost a whopping US$1.5B to build — now it’s on sale for as little US$137M

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=a3ab-5f69
            yeah... as i said... hope this wont happen to HRI
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
              Just thought of posting this here, you guys decide if it is not appropriate

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=a3ab-5f69
              THANKS FOR POSTING THIS !

REMINDS me of a newly built airport in a South Asian nation , which might suffer the same fate in a few years time !

Comment

• but who wanna buy HRI ? I am not a supporter of MR, but I believe, it may still have some use, as a Domestic terminal, diversion terminal .. and what not .. if not as a replacement to BIA

Comment

• howz MJz load factor on the CMB-SEZ route ?????

Comment

• Guys, I heard that 4R-ADA has been withdrawn from the fleet... Please confirm.
                    ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Guys, I heard that 4R-ADA has been withdrawn from the fleet... Please confirm.
                      According to Flighradar24, 4R-ADA still in service. May I know what did you get this info? As far as I know 4R-ADA will be removed from fleet early 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                        howz MJz load factor on the CMB-SEZ route ?????
                        Mihin Lanka sees strong cargo potential on Colombo-Mahe sector. Mihin Lanka, Sri Lanka’s low cost airline is making headway on the Colombo –Mahe sector flying twice weekly with a load factor of around 45 percent and the airline’s Head of Commercial, Rohana Perera expressed confidence that it would reach 55 percent or more during the season. ihin’s A- 320 aircraft flying on this sector would undergo some changes with 12 seats upfront coming under a new class which would provide more comfort to the passengers added with sufficient leg space, inflight entertainment and a full meal as the airline is already catering to a more up market clientale on this sector, he said. (island.lk)

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                          According to Flighradar24, 4R-ADA still in service. May I know what did you get this info? As far as I know 4R-ADA will be removed from fleet early 2014.
                          Yes Banu it is gong away from our fleet in 2014 ....
                          Haleef Ismail
                          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            Guys, I heard that 4R-ADA has been withdrawn from the fleet... Please confirm.
                            4R-ADA is active according to FlightRadar24.com
                            It is currently in BKK
                            -Aaqib Hussain
                            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                              Mihin Lanka sees strong cargo potential on Colombo-Mahe sector. Mihin Lanka, Sri Lanka’s low cost airline is making headway on the Colombo –Mahe sector flying twice weekly with a load factor of around 45 percent and the airline’s Head of Commercial, Rohana Perera expressed confidence that it would reach 55 percent or more during the season. ihin’s A- 320 aircraft flying on this sector would undergo some changes with 12 seats upfront coming under a new class which would provide more comfort to the passengers added with sufficient leg space, inflight entertainment and a full meal as the airline is already catering to a more up market clientale on this sector, he said. (island.lk)
                              Errr... so two class aircraft? Kinda like, y'know, UL...

Comment

• Originally posted by dramirez View Post
                                Errr... so two class aircraft? Kinda like, y'know, UL...
                                and while on the same subject, why not rename it to UL-2.0 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X