This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
    I guess the both Ex AOM french airline air craft will be phase out thats what i think,
    Ex Cathay aircrafts are quit good interior.
    If phasing out, that should be the older three, who have logged more cycles. However, none will be phased out.
    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Sri Lanka is to sign an air services agreement with the United Kingdom enabling increased flights between the two countries, a government statement said. The air services agreement would enable the frequency entitlement to be increased to 21 flights a week from 14 today between the two countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
        If phasing out, that should be the older three, who have logged more cycles. However, none will be phased out.
        The 4R ade and f if I'm not mistaken the one leAsed from aom French the lease would have been expired.

Comment

• Guys... there is a Flight tom from CAN to CMB A320 registration 4R-ABL.... (source: AirCeylon)

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines New Airbus A320 (4R-ABL) Flight Has Arrived To Bandaranayaka Intonational Airport Today At 0925hrs. Now Flight Is on SriLankan Airlines Hanger...

I'm Waiting to get new photos of 4R-ABL... (source: RyanEvan)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Guys... there is a Flight tom from CAN to CMB A320 registration 4R-ABL....
              Thanks. I thought MSN2569 to be 4R-ABL. Finally UL acquired the 5th A320 aircraft from CAN.
              Do you know what is the construction number of 4R-ABL ? Is this brand new airframe ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
                SriLankan Airlines New Airbus A320 (4R-ABL) Flight Has Arrived To Bandaranayaka Intonational Airport Today At 0925hrs. Now Flight Is on SriLankan Airlines Hanger...

I'm Waiting to get new photos of 4R-ABL... (source: RyanEvan)
                Arrived as UL1423 CAN-CMB ( with a likely tech-stop intermediate ). Will let you know if I find rego data. Not 2569, I can assure.
                The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• @ Kflyer - I just spotted your post in A.Net ref: 4R-ABL : http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5113443/. I am thinking 4R-ABL could be MSN4694 the brand-new airframe, may be this airframe has been assembled in Tianjin. However I am not 100% sure with the C/N of ABL. Yes, please update here when you get more information ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                    @ Kflyer - I just spotted your post in A.Net ref: 4R-ABL : http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5113443/. I am thinking 4R-ABL could be MSN4694 the brand-new airframe, may be this airframe has been assembled in Tianjin. However I am not 100% sure with the C/N of ABL. Yes, please update here when you get more information ?
                    No, MSN4694 is yet to fly ( and will, likely in a few days ). This could be MSN2345, an ex CZ frame. It is a used one, that is for sure.

Comment

• The following site claims that UL will also get MSNs 4869 and 4915 after 4694. It doesnt mention anything about ABL/2569 which is interesting and probably means that ABL isnt 2569 after all.
                      Most extensive and up to date airline knowledge base: More than 50,000 aircraft, 6,500 airports and 5,000 airlines, access to fleet lists, worldwide airline schedules and route networks, airline management contacts, airline capacity and frequency analysis, airline PSS directory, up to date airline and route network news.

@KFlyer: If ABL isnt 2569 your probably right about it being a ex CZ one (especially since it originated from CAN). Maybe UL will configure it as an all economy workhorse (like 2584) and as such didnt want to spend much on the lease. Im surprised Mihin hasnt got more of these aircraft (instead of the longer A321).

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        The following site claims that UL will also get MSNs 4869 and 4915 after 4694. It doesnt mention anything about ABL/2569 which is interesting and probably means that ABL isnt 2569 after all.
                        Most extensive and up to date airline knowledge base: More than 50,000 aircraft, 6,500 airports and 5,000 airlines, access to fleet lists, worldwide airline schedules and route networks, airline management contacts, airline capacity and frequency analysis, airline PSS directory, up to date airline and route network news.

@KFlyer: If ABL isnt 2569 your probably right about it being a ex CZ one (especially since it originated from CAN). Maybe UL will configure it as an all economy workhorse (like 2584) and as such didnt want to spend much on the lease. Im surprised Mihin hasnt got more of these aircraft (instead of the longer A321).
                        I doubt they will want any extra all Economy frames. The single one is hardly used to the max plus it is worth capturing the biz demand on some routes as that is what drives the profits. It is not 2569.
                        MJ quite obviously is still not running under a sound business plan. An LCC that offers free meals and generous free baggage ? Oh come on.
                        I'll be really happy if they turn a profit. But I doubt it.
                        On the other hand, UL is doing good - at least with a management consisting of professionals - and they are self financing all the deals. 4R-ADG too, should be arriving soon.
                        Kudos to Mr. Manoj, he's getting things to a good track.
                        Last edited by Kflyer; 09-04-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                          Any news/images on arrival of C-GLKB twotter in CMB?
                          Itz has arrived CMB one week ago... (source: RyanEvan)

Comment

• It is MSN2345 http://airlineindustryreview.com/sri...ds-fifth-a320/

Comment

• Dollar shortage threatens to ground local airline sales

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                                Thanks for the info. They mustve gone for this aircraft due to the fact its IAE engined and wouldve been quite cheap to lease. That said its a bit weird that they sourced MSN2584 as the lone CFM engined aircraft in the fleet. UL couldve also taken this much newer aircraft instead of 2345 (which is stored according to the following source): http://www.planespotters.net/Product...&fleetStatus=2

Anyway yeah I agree Mihin doesnt seem to have a proper plan. That said they have been supposedly successful with their flights to Dhaka and Jakarta so they may be profitable. That said if they limit baggage to a max of 10kg and cut the meals down to say water or a bag of nuts, then they could easily increase profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X