This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by budgetcarrier View Post
    Kapila went to Manila on the same flight as the Pope. He's back now.
    I posted this from Inquirer, in the other thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
      For sure a Cargo aircraft only.. I spoke to the Owner (Also the chairman of my school) but I forgot to ask about the aircraft :/ ..
      New Company Name : Cosmos Aviation (formerly Lankan Cargo)

Cosmos Aviation Services (Pvt) Ltd. operates Cargo Services in collaboration with the National Carrier Sri Lankan Airlines. We operate a B727-200F aircraft to serve all SAARC countries for onward carriage. Our Cargo fleet consists of one B727-200F palletised cargo aircraft and future plans include one more B727 and a A300 aircraft - http://cosmosaviation.com/cosmosavia...ndex.php/cargo

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
        is ul a332 4ralb/j getting new look of Y cabin ??
        C-Check??
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
          C-Check??
          i think so.. what happened to 4R-ADC is it out of service?

Comment

is ul a332 4ralb/j getting new look of Y cabin ??
            4R-ALB & ALJ still out of service. not sure why?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Originally posted by jetcruzer View Post
            i think so.. what happened to 4R-ADC is it out of service?
            4R-ADC flying today as UL121/122 http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/4r-adc . When UL plans to retire 4R-ADA/B/C?

Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            any updates on 4raln?
            According to TLS Watch, 3rd A330-343E, MSN1604, F-WWCP, SriLankan, tail only painted in owners c/s, Parked outside a330 production hangar on 14/1/15..

Check this out: Air Sri Lanka fleet-watch shows airframe numbers for all A330-300 orders: http://www.airsrilanka.org/flightinfo/fleet.htm . Did UL order 6 or 7 A333s??

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ADA View Post
              Agree, it does seem like a waste to just totally abandon it. It is good news that UL are going to abandon serving this loss-making "city", however I really hope that there is some other strategy being formulated to make use of this, either as:

1) Cargo airport
              2) MRO facility
              3) Low-cost/charter airport (like what Clark is to Manila)
              The best comment I've seen so far is to turn the airport into a 3 - Wheeler stand. Love it!

The big picture is that debt to GDP in Sri Lanka is sitting at 78%. This is one of the highest levels amongst developing nations. 40% of government revenue goes towards paying the interest on this debt.

The country cannot afford to waste more money. I don't believe the options listed are viable - the real problem is that this airport was built for political reasons. There was never a business case for this airport. I don't believe there is any way to make this airport viable.

Anyone seen the monthly operating costs for this airport? I think that will simplify things.

At a certain point - you have to cut your losses and walk away. I think this is the only logical option.
              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                Check this out: Air Sri Lanka fleet-watch shows airframe numbers for all A330-300 orders: http://www.airsrilanka.org/flightinfo/fleet.htm . Did UL order 6 or 7 A333s??
                The first A330-300 is leased from ALC, the remaining 6 are on direct order with Airbus

Comment

• Finally - some of the corruption is being made public. This is just the tip of the iceberg...

Time for some Accountability
                  Last edited by ejanson65; 19-01-2015, 07:40 AM.
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by budgetcarrier View Post
                    So what will they do with Mattala airport now? Seems a waste to just abandon it.
                    The New SL Government is not going to close the Mattala Airport completly but SriLankan and Mihin Lanka has cancelled the Bangkok, Chennai, Jeddah, Bodh Gaya, Medan flights out of HRI. Rotana Jet already has pulled out from HRI service. FlyDubai operating normal Daily x DXB-CMB-HRI-DXB, SriLankan is only operating HRI with 2 weekly CMB-HRI-PEK-CMB, 2 weekly CMB-HRI-PVG-CMB and 4 weekly CMB-MLE-HRI-CMB (UL using HRI as a transit airport for some of the Maldives pax who fly towards PEK and PVG). Mihin Lanka is only operating 1 weekly CMB-IXM-HRI-CMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      The New SL Government is not going to close the Mattala Airport completly but SriLankan and Mihin Lanka has cancelled the Bangkok, Chennai, Jeddah, Bodh Gaya, Medan flights out of HRI. Rotana Jet already has pulled out from HRI service. FlyDubai operating normal Daily x DXB-CMB-HRI-DXB, SriLankan is only operating HRI with 2 weekly CMB-HRI-PEK-CMB, 2 weekly CMB-HRI-PVG-CMB and 4 weekly CMB-MLE-HRI-CMB (UL using HRI as a transit airport for some of the Maldives pax who fly towards PEK and PVG). Mihin Lanka is only operating 1 weekly CMB-IXM-HRI-CMB.
                      ul isnt operating any flight out of hri anymore.

even the pek and pvg flights are all non stop to and from cmb becz as per flightradar24 ul848 which usually is cmb-hri-pek-cmb operated on 17th of jan as ul848 cmb pek cmb

Comment

ul isnt operating any flight out of hri anymore.

even the pek and pvg flights are all non stop to and from cmb becz as per flightradar24 ul848 which usually is cmb-hri-pek-cmb operated on 17th of jan as ul848 cmb pek cmb
                        Good news! Thanks bro. May be the new Flight Schedules still not been updated on Amadeus.

Sri Lankan Airlines cancels all flights to Mattala

Sri Lankan airlines has canceled all flights to the Mattala Rajapaksa International airport.

Addressing a media briefing alongside Minister of State for Aviation Faiszer Mustapha, Sri Lankan Airlines CEO Kapila Chandrasena stated that an additional cost of 10% was incurred when operating the flights from Mattala.

Minister of State Faizer Mustapha speaking to the media stated that he did not order the cancellation of flights to Mattala and merely instructed the officials to discontinue all unproductive routes. He went on to note that the CEO would not have had the power to make such a decision during the previous administration.

Responding to a question raised by a journalist on the fate of Mihin Lanka the Minister stated that the decision on whether or not the carried would be shut down would be decided following a discussions with the President and Prime Minister.

He went on to note that it is not practical for an airline operator to function with just three aircraft adding that an evaluation would be done to determine the operators fate .

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                          4R-ALB & ALJ still out of service. not sure why?

http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/4r-alj
                          I think 4R-ALB undergoing cabin refurbishment while 4R-ALJ is in C-Check. I flew on 4R-ALJ couple of years back, it has a very nice cabins I don't think refurbishment is required for 4R-ALJ urgently. But SriLankan needs to refurbish the economy cabins for those A332s still have the old cabins.

Please take a look at the Economy Cabin of 4R-ALD. Really Looks nice! Do you know which UL's A332's have the new economy cabins like below.

source : Airline Service Review

Comment

I think 4R-ALB undergoing cabin refurbishment while 4R-ALJ is in C-Check. I flew on 4R-ALJ couple of years back, it has a very nice cabins I don't think refurbishment is required for 4R-ALJ urgently. But SriLankan needs to refurbish the economy cabins for those A332s still have the old cabins.

Please take a look at the Economy Cabin of 4R-ALD. Really Looks nice! Do you know which UL's A332's have the new economy cabins like below.

source : Airline Service Review
                            I came in ALA with the same seats :3 Simply hated the headrests! It feels like your head is lying on a hard rock!! My 1st worst experience ever!
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Sri Lankan Airlines cancels all flights to Mattala
                              Today Ul846 Mattala/Shanghai flight operated directly not via Mattala. looks like they have already stop flight operating via Mattala.

Comment

Working...
                              X