This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    Any source to verify this info? I remember MJ was going to get Chinese turboprops earlier but Im guessing the deal fell through?
    I think it is much to early to speculate on the C919. It will take minimum 5 years from now the first aircraft might be ready for delivery and till then lots will have changed in aviation. Have a look at the ARJ21, its first flight was 7 years ago and they try to deliver the first aircraft maybe later this year. The ARJ21 is based on the DC-9 / MD80 family while the C919 is even something completely new. Till then we will have probably the "A320neo neo" family or similar with even better performance than the A320neo. The C919 might be as good as the current A320 but that one is then outdated by two generations. I do not think these are good basics for a possible export.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
      I think it is much to early to speculate on the C919. It will take minimum 5 years from now the first aircraft might be ready for delivery and till then lots will have changed in aviation. Have a look at the ARJ21, its first flight was 7 years ago and they try to deliver the first aircraft maybe later this year. The ARJ21 is based on the DC-9 / MD80 family while the C919 is even something completely new. Till then we will have probably the "A320neo neo" family or similar with even better performance than the A320neo. The C919 might be as good as the current A320 but that one is then outdated by two generations. I do not think these are good basics for a possible export.
      But price factor arj2 and c919 are v cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
        But price factor arj2 and c919 are v cheap
        Comac have neither anounced a price-tag for the ARJ21 and C919. It will be cheaper but will not be "very cheap" as lots of build-in parts bought in the US and Europe alike engines, avionics and even most or all of the cabin and galley equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
          It will be very difficult to make CMB-PER a profitable route. the competition is too high (EY, EK, QR, SQ, MH, TH), the demand is not great, at least not like MEL.
          I am in agreement with you - and this is just my opinion. With regards to Australia, I think it has to either be SYD or MEL. UL should not only rely on O&D passengers, but also connecting traffic to South India.

UL cannot compete with EK's absolute stranglehold on the Kangaroo route to Europe... EY and QR are playing catch up. TG and MH are old players while SQ always price themselves out.

J traffic is key to the Kangaroo route; EK does very well out of old dears flying from the UK flying to see family in Australia, and old dears in Australia going to see their families in Europe.

I doubt UL would be able to make a significant dent in any market to PER. Would rather see SYD or MEL.

Comment

Comac have neither anounced a price-tag for the ARJ21 and C919. It will be cheaper but will not be "very cheap" as lots of build-in parts bought in the US and Europe alike engines, avionics and even most or all of the cabin and galley equipment.
            Skyliner, Is Mihin Lanka still going to lease B737s from ALC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
              Skyliner, Is Mihin Lanka still going to lease B737s from ALC?
              737-800 lease is expected to be changed to A320s in 2014Q4 from the same source, not yet signed, delivery will be in jun/aug15

Comment

737-800 lease is expected to be changed to A320s in 2014Q4 from the same source, not yet signed, delivery will be in jun/aug15
                is it possible that the A320s will be quipped with sharklets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                  4R-ALD has been refurbished and the interior and the Business class seats have been changed and there looking really nice ... Don't be so sure, but I saw it in my dad's manual.. ALD is now "City of Pulasthipura"
                  4R-ALD back in service today and it's operated on CMB-MAA-HRI-CMB-DXB. Looking forward to see the interior picture. It seems to be ALD has got 18/251.

Comment

• B-LAC, a 9.4 year old Airbus A330-300 took the honor to operate the first CX611 flight, the HKG-CMB one. This marks the beginning of a direct connection between Sri Lanka and Hong Kong (4 weekly), and the end of a unique option between Colombo and Singapore.

Some pictures, Cathay Pacific Airways page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater <- Also a video of the same, from the same owner on Facebook.

I wish them well on this route!

Regards
                    Jish

Comment

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
                      B-LAC, a 9.4 year old Airbus A330-300 took the honor to operate the first CX611 flight, the HKG-CMB one. This marks the beginning of a direct connection between Sri Lanka and Hong Kong (4 weekly), and the end of a unique option between Colombo and Singapore.

Some pictures, Cathay Pacific Airways page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater <- Also a video of the same, from the same owner on Facebook.

I wish them well on this route!

Regards
                      Jish
                      Thanks Jish! why cathay is cancelling SIN-CMB route?

Comment

• Serendib - on the basis of one trip I've had on that very route with CX: not only was it some horrendous service, both flights (CMB-SIN-CMB CX711/710) barely had 70 passengers on a plane that could easily fit 398 passengers! So really, I think it was down to poor loads.

Horrendous service, you might ask - here is your answer: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/...opic13226.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                          is it possible that the A320s will be quipped with sharklets?
                          Possibly yes but we will know -but maybe not for sure -after the annoucement of the change

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                            http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/4r-abj . -ABJ's hasn't been in the air for the last 6 six days.......has it been pulled out of service ???
                            Lease for 4R-ABJ is completed this October. New operator is Titan Airways. Have they painted 4R-ABJ in Titan Airways livery?

Comment

msn 1564 oct14
                              msn 1583 dec14
                              msn 1607 feb15
                              Really excited to see the SriLankan's 4R-ALL (F-WWYX/MSN 1564) which is going to be delivered in Colombo in just 2 or 3 days. It seems SriLankan's second A330-343E, 4R-ALM (F-WWKF/MSN 1583) was sent to TLS-flightline on the 22/10/2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                                really excited to see the srilankan's 4r-all (f-wwyx/msn 1564) which is going to be delivered in colombo in just 2 or 3 days. It seems srilankan's second a330-343e, 4r-alm (f-wwkf/msn 1583) was sent to tls-flightline on the 22/10/2014.
                                woow good news !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X