This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    If you compare your photo with the one above its obvious that the photographer has tagged the wrong rego. Primarily since the first photo (the one of the QR interior which is definitely ABQ) has the new A320 interior unlike your photo which has the old one. So no its interior is not in UL configuration, hopefully it will be soon!
    That's correct, 4R-ABQ was ferried to ZRH for cabin refurbishment on the 6/7/2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      That's correct, 4R-ABQ was ferried to ZRH for cabin refurbishment on the 6/7/2014.
      good news hope to see inside with IFE
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
        good news hope to see inside with IFE
        umedhah - yeah, wondering why they didn't complete the refurbishment before they take the aircraft delivery? also why they are sending the aircraft to ZRH for refurbishment? I Know 4R-ALJ was refurbished by the SriLankan Engineering Team at the CMB hangar.

Comment

umedhah - yeah, wondering why they didn't complete the refurbishment before they take the aircraft delivery? also why they are sending the aircraft to ZRH for refurbishment? I Know 4R-ALJ was refurbished by the SriLankan Engineering Team at the CMB hangar.
          True Banu...
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

CMB might either be not yet fully certified on the A321 but I think the new cabin was ordered with an European manufacturer. Then it is much more easy to bring the plane to Zurich as shipping time by ship would very very long as belly cargo space on the scheduled Sri Lankan might not be enough or even volume-space limited. Whatever needs refurbishment.

Comment

• Thanks for accepting me onboard.. Guys any updates about launching Jetstar Sri Lanka ...

Comment

• Originally posted by madusanka333 View Post
                Thanks for accepting me onboard.. Guys any updates about launching Jetstar Sri Lanka ...
                In my opinion one passenger airline (SriLankan Airlines) is enough for Sri Lanka but SriLankan has to be part privatised and should be managed by a good management. SriLankan can make a subsidery (under the name e.g. SriLankan Smile) to serve LCC market like Dhaka, Jakarta, Sharjah..

@umedhah - any latest update about launching Jetstar Sri Lanka?

Comment

In my opinion one passenger airline (SriLankan Airlines) is enough for Sri Lanka but SriLankan has to be part privatised and should be managed by a good management. SriLankan can make a subsidery (under the name e.g. SriLankan Smile) to serve LCC market like Dhaka, Jakarta, Sharjah..

@umedhah - any latest update about launching Jetstar Sri Lanka?
                  @banuthev looks like the mission FAILED... even the JetstarSriLanka Facebook page has been taken off.
                  Last year Aug i got a message from them.. thats it
                  Jetstar Sri Lanka said:
                  Not yet got de approval from gov
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

@banuthev looks like the mission FAILED... even the JetstarSriLanka Facebook page has been taken off.
                    Jetstar Sri Lanka said:
                    sad story....

Comment

• What are the chances of UL ordering the newly launched, fuel efficient A330neo?

Could they switch their current A330 orders to that or is it too late?

Comment

• There are sources citing that Sri Lankan Airlines is also evaluating the possibility of adding 777-8X's to the Sri Lankan Fleet to improve the current long haul routes. Also with these aircrafts the airline would be able to serve cities in North America and South America. The demands for New York and Toronto are to be tested using the existing A340's after November before being retired by flying these aircrafts temporarily to both John F. Kennedy International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport. If ordered, sources cite that there is a high chance of adding at least 10 of these aircrafts

Comment

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
                          There are sources citing that Sri Lankan Airlines is also evaluating the possibility of adding 777-8X's to the Sri Lankan Fleet to improve the current long haul routes. Also with these aircrafts the airline would be able to serve cities in North America and South America. The demands for New York and Toronto are to be tested using the existing A340's after November before being retired by flying these aircrafts temporarily to both John F. Kennedy International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport. If ordered, sources cite that there is a high chance of adding at least 10 of these aircrafts
                          okay this is just copy pasted from UL page on Wikipedia future fleet plans and Wikipedia is not a credible source. plus I remember very well in a recent analysis of CAPA on UL citing that north American entry is OFF the radar of UL plans.

Comment

Jetstar Sri Lanka said:
                            In my opinion government should consider about Jetstar Sri Lanka, since we don't have any direct flights to Australia and New Zealand , even to the Hong Kong , only the Malaysian and Cathay pacific leading those sectors..

Comment

There are sources citing that Sri Lankan Airlines is also evaluating the possibility of adding 777-8X's to the Sri Lankan Fleet to improve the current long haul routes. Also with these aircrafts the airline would be able to serve cities in North America and South America. The demands for New York and Toronto are to be tested using the existing A340's after November before being retired by flying these aircrafts temporarily to both John F. Kennedy International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport. If ordered, sources cite that there is a high chance of adding at least 10 of these aircrafts
                              this will be costly... we are fully Airbus trained team...
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

hmm maintaining two type of fleet for an airline like UL will be costly ... They better try A350-1000 . ( But I would really support if they thought of 747-8*""*hahaha xD)

Comment

Working...
                                X